Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Still problems with MameWah  (Read 1856 times)

Dariusz Friedel

• Trade Count: (0)
Still problems with MameWah
« on: March 01, 2002, 06:16:22 am »
Posted by Dariusz Friedel on February 28, 2002 at 01:07:22:

In Reply to: Re: MameWah Problem - Cannot run posted by Peeper on February 26, 2002 at 12:21:46:

I still get the problem happening. Cuold it be that there is a bug in the source code of MameWah?

I've tried the following in detail:

1. Attempted to remove gvbox by:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Regsvr32.exe c:\here\gvbox.ocx

where c:\here\gvbox.ocx is replaced with the actual file location.

2. Then deleting the files of the HD.

When doing 1 above I get the following error message:

LoadLibrary ('C:\windows/gvbox.ocx') failed. GetLastError returns 0x00000485.

I reinstall MameWah and still get the error messages as outlined in my original post.

I then decide to manualy remove gvbox from the registed by regedit.exe by searching all entrees of gvbox in the register and deleting them.

Once I reinstall MameWah I again get the old error message again?

Is there any one that can help me. Is the a problem with MameWah or with my computer?

Please help as I would like to test MameWah.

Kind REgards
Dariusz

: : I am hoping the there is some one that can help me here, as i would like to test an alternative front-end to ArcadeOS.

: : I have downloaded the letest version of MameWah (0.893). When installing, I get the following message:

: : 'An error occured while registering the file 'c:\windows\system\gvbox.ocx''

: : I get the option to Abort, Reentry or Ignore. The only option the allows we to preceed is Ignore.

: : Once the installation is finnished, and I run MameWah, I get the following error which cancels ManeWah from running. Error is:

: : 'Component 'gvbox.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'.

: Try this:

: Find out where the gvbox.ocx file is located (let's assume c:\here\gvbox.ocx for this example).

:
: Go to The start bar, hit File, Run, and type in:

: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Regsvr32.exe c:\here\gvbox.ocx

: where c:\here\gvbox.ocx is replaced with the actual file location.

: Hopefully you'll get a registration succeeded message, and be able to run the program...

:
: Good Luck!!

:
: : Has some one had this problem before?

: : What would be the solution to get MameWah running?

: : (Note: after the first instalation I had deleted the file gvbox.ocx, and re-tried the installation again, but got the same problem. I run win98 on a P133.)

: : Any sugestions would me kindly appreciated.

: : Dariusz

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Smack

• Trade Count: (0)
Hmm. Not Sure, works for me.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2002, 01:04:47 pm »
That one stumps me. I just installed the newest version of MAMEwah (to try it for the first time) I havent' had any such errors with mine. (1gz PIII under Win98)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »