Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of CHD games  (Read 5617 times)

Sir Headless VII

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2017, 02:04:52 pm
List of CHD games
« on: March 13, 2009, 04:44:48 am »
There is no way I am going to fit 79 GB worth of CHD files on this laptops 60 GB Hd so I was wondering if there was a list of the games that need them so I can sort through them and see what I want. Also recommendations are welcome.

BASS!

• Just have fun.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 03:12:33 am
Re: List of CHD games
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:08:13 am »
Just download mameui and look through the lists that it has on the left of the screen. Just sort by CHD games and look to see which of those you want.

um3k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:07:06 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:05:29 am »
Use the MAWS, Luke.
http://maws.mameworld.info/maws
Deluxe Search --> CHD Required: Yes --> Search

magicmushroom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2010, 09:25:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:41:11 am »
and what for an system do i need to have, to run these suckers....some are 4gig or more so that's heavy...anyone? :dunno

Joey Butafuko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2012, 04:59:19 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:13:27 am »
Most of them don't work or you need a serious powerful system to run them (3d games).
If you weed out the non working ones you'll be fine with that harddrive.

Beggers can't be choosers but i don't get why people are pumping full 100gb romsets around the internet and 50gb simply doesn't work in Mame. It should be cut in 2 parts for those who use other emulators.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:15:01 am by Joey Butafuko »

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:04:58 pm »
Beggers can't be choosers but i don't get why people are pumping full 100gb romsets around the internet and 50gb simply doesn't work in Mame. It should be cut in 2 parts for those who use other emulators.

I think it is split in two. The problem is that the non-working set floating about isn't labeled clearly enough. Anyone not familiar with the tags used is never going to realize they just downloaded a non-working ROM set until they spend three days banging their heads trying to figure it out.

Sir Headless VII

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2017, 02:04:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 02:14:55 pm »
I used MAMEUI and it worked out well. I never realized how many of those games are broken. I'll definitely use MAWS for other searches though so thanks for that link. I'll send the list around to my friends and see if they have any requests. Thanks for your help