Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Police Force Question from pin newb (Fixed Updated Info)  (Read 1773 times)

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Police Force Question from pin newb (Fixed Updated Info)
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
I am a total newb when in comes to real pins so please bear with me.

What is the switch that is located at the top of picture on the far left beside the left flipper?  Looking from the coin door it looked mangled but seeing a picture of the pin it looks like it is the proper look is it the slam SW? 

Have to replace the left flipper mech.  The link inside has broken.   Anything I should look out for once I get the part?  Fixing this unit for a friend so this is my first time inside a real pin.

thanks 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:18:24 pm by BobA »

RichSorr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2015, 07:27:00 pm
Re: Police Force Question from pin newb
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:17 pm »
that is indeed a slam switch

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »
Thanks,  I thought it had to be something like that.   I know the tilt is a plumb bob type setup. 

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:35:58 pm »

Have to replace the left flipper mech.  The link inside has broken.   Anything I should look out for once I get the part?  Fixing this unit for a friend so this is my first time inside a real pin.

thanks 

Update: coil resistance measured and it was not the same as the working flipper so it was replaced along with the linkage that was physically broken.   Still did not have power so traced back the flipper to the aux power board where a fuse was also blown.   End result a fully working pin  ;D

Cause of problem:   My guess is that when the linkage broke the second switch that cuts the main coil out of the circuit no longer was activated so continuously pushing the flipper button burned out the coil and took out the fuse.  Too bad the coil went as well as the fuse.

Analysis:  Pinballs are a heck of alot of fun to work on.   May have to get one of my own some day. ;D