Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tilted picture  (Read 2069 times)

dhansen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 04:05:18 pm
  • No Quarters Needed
    • Arcade Stupidity
Tilted picture
« on: March 03, 2002, 11:26:15 am »
Hello,

I have a Wico sum-20  monitor that the picture is tilted on.  Is there an adjustment for this?  I 've twisted every knob on the back of this thing and I can't get it to straighten out.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Doug
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »
..as his cold lifeless fingers lie motionless on the garage floor, all he could hear in his head was...I JUST WANTED TO PLAY A GAME OF DONKEY KONG!!

slug54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2014, 09:00:21 pm
  • Man, I hope this cab fits through the door way!
    • Arcade Extreme
Re: Tilted picture
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 06:54:50 pm »
I don't have an arcade monitor and have never worked with an arcade monitor
but this is how I fixed many pc monitors that were tilted.
this of course applies to older monitors that don't have a rotation control on the front panel or internal. This is for monitors where the image is square but just rotated a little. Not for monitors where the left or right side is shorter then the opposite side.

You should be able to loosen the assembly that is mounted on the neck of the monitor and rotate it
to correct your image. Be very careful doing this The tube neck is very fragile and sometimes they are glued in place. I would do this as a last resort , wait and see if someone with experience with this type of monitor has
any suggestions.

CthulhuLuke

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 06:42:43 pm
  • old school
    • CthulhuLuke's Arcade Parodius
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 08:38:17 pm »
couldn't you get zapped hardcore doin that unless you discharged it?  or screw up the monitor by putting that bit of static in your hands into that part of the screen?    Just an opinion, but I've never done it before, so I wouldn't know.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:34:00 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 01:37:39 pm »
What Slug54 said is the way a tech would fix that problem.  An amateur doing this is probably not such a good idea, as it is a bit of a dangerous manuever.

Your convergence might also have to be adjusted after this was done as well, and that can be a real pain for someone who hasn't done it a couple hundred times.  :D

Your monitor probably doesn't have these, but some CRT's actually have little magnets glued onto the back of  the tube for convergence, and I expect that if someone tried turning the yoke on these, the convergence would never be right.

RandyT