Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: multigame jamma pcb boards or babystar jammas question  (Read 3475 times)

femartinez13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 02:10:19 pm
multigame jamma pcb boards or babystar jammas question
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:52:40 pm »
I'm getting a Jamma cabinet in a few days and just found out about these babystar 1000 in 1 boards or all those other xxx-1 Jammas.  I was just wondering if anyone has used or own these to let me know how the games look on it compared to if they were to run on the original hardware.  I know that they are mostly all running some form of mame but then I noticed that there are also those multi-game Jamma boards that specifically say "they run using the same hardware as the original games" but then these multigame boards only have like 19-1.  I am just trying to figure out how these 1000 in 1 boards makes the games look because they would be displaying on a arcade monitor and not a vga.  I read somewhere that some games suffer from the wrong frame rate or something like that and that some games look blurry and it doesn't feel too authentic.  I am going to be running it on a horizontal cab so was hoping that these boards would be the way to go.  Thanks for your help and sorry about this long question I am kind of new to the arcade hobby, any input is greatly appreciated!

lowlifefalcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2009, 08:09:39 pm
Re: multigame jamma pcb boards or babystar jammas question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »
1069in1 looks perfect on the arcade monitor. that is the way it is suppose to be displayed . i dont like the way they look on a vga. most games except some mortal kombat,nba jam play slow unless you do a cpu upgrade.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:30:08 pm by lowlifefalcon »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: multigame jamma pcb boards or babystar jammas question
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:51:32 pm »
Before he answers ... saint has asked us not to discuss sources/prices for illegal boards like the xxx-in-1's, partly because the ROM images aren't licensed and partly because some of them are just ripped-off versions of MAME.

:cheers:
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None