Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yet another layout question - resizing the WIDTH of the "selected"?  (Read 1221 times)

KnightofTruth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2013, 12:51:58 am
So... a search of the forums didn't yield any thread regarding this (hard to believe)... so either its something obvious I'm missing, or there's a workaround I've just not yet thought of... here it is:

I'm working on a layout (snes) where when you scroll up and down, instead of the rom names, you see their boxart.  I've finally got the boxes to pretty much go where I want them except for one thing - I want to make the box for the "selected" rom wider (to take up the space on the layout for it).  I can't seem to find out how to do this.  I see the "selected height" adjustment, but not the width... what am I missing?

Please guide this blind beggar.... much thanks in advance!

P.s. I thought maybe I had to put a "marquee" or something else adjustable there and have it be ontop of (z-order) the list, maybe this could work as a patch job for now?

dungbeetle46

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
Re: Yet another layout question - resizing the WIDTH of the "selected"?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:37:41 am »
stretch to fit should do it, maybe

KnightofTruth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:45:47 am »
The problem though is that I only want the "selected" rom to be wider than the rest.  Stretching to fit would increase all the other ones if I made the width wider too wouldn't it?

dungbeetle46

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 01:00:44 am »
yes it would, i see your dilemma now, with text you can use bigger text for selected but not with image list, might need to be a source update for malalayout

KnightofTruth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 01:15:33 am »
Yeah, I think so as well.  The workaround that I mentioned above works great though.  I didn't actually need the "marquee" (although I suppose you could do it with any of the objects) for the SNES layout, so I just put the marquee above the "gamelist" in the z-order and now when I scroll down the boxes, the "selected" one is bigger via the marquee and the other image is just hidden conveniently behind it - thanks for the help though dung!

I just wanted to post that it works in case anyone else has a similar problem when they need to increase the width of the "selected" rom.  I guess this will be a good temp fix until the source gets updated! :)