Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: wiring up a cabinet  (Read 981 times)

_JMFR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2009, 01:54:50 am
wiring up a cabinet
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:26:17 pm »
im building a jamma style cabinet. im a little confused about wiring up the ac power and power switch, and i just wanna make sure im doing it right. i bought an isolation transformer from happ,but it seems rather small compared to most that i've seen. Anyways, here's the way i figure it should be wired, any advice on this would be appreciated.
1. run ac power into the cab, ground it on the metal frame of the transformer,and run the pos/neg to the switch.
2.from switch,run ac to the marquee light,and power supply for the jamma board
3.from switch, run ac to the primary on the isolation transformer, then from secondary run to monitor. keep all grounds common on the metal frame of transformer

also, what gauge wire is best for the ac power?

please give input.