Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: just about done with my jukebox  (Read 3796 times)

deoblo85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2012, 11:13:47 am
  • GAME or DIE
just about done with my jukebox
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:46:55 pm »
here's some pics of my juke its almost done i would have did the step by step but everyone that built a mountain juke has already posted i copied them i guess the next one will be more original but it was a cool design  :dunno

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:26:26 pm
Re: just about done with my jukebox
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »
Sweet!  Got any head-on shots or pics of the interior?  What kind of software are you running?   :cheers:

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:35:23 pm »
I'll get some more pics tomorrow and the software is vmj (virtual music jukebox) i have a problem with rushing thing but I'm getting better yours is definitely sweeter and cant wait to see it done.......  Bella's arcade is the coolest thing bet she loves it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:05:08 pm by deoblo85 »

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:20:06 pm »
here's some more pics

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 06:21:47 pm »
and a couple more and i don't know why i like all the light it would have been much easier without them  :blowup: also im thinking about changing the light to a blue one or maybe a black light any ideas  ???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:28:42 pm by deoblo85 »

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:58:03 pm »
Great work!
Did you attach the motherboard to the monitor?

brock.sampson

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2018, 10:11:41 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 10:15:14 pm »
What Dell is that motherboard out of?  I have a GX 270 I'm going to be using for an upcoming project and I'm trying to figure out how to mount that fan for the cpu.
DOC! YOU HAVE A TABLE OVER THERE WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS, "LASER DEATH RAY BARGAIN BIN!"

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:38:11 am »
Thanks and No its on a board mounted staight up i guess it does look like its mounted to the monitor.

Its out of a 2400 dimension and two part epxoy works fine no problems yet.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:51:43 am »
What Dell is that motherboard out of?  I have a GX 270 I'm going to be using for an upcoming project and I'm trying to figure out how to mount that fan for the cpu.

If it has a fan like the one pictured in this thread, you can do what i did on my Dell GX260:

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:12:36 pm »
I'll get some more pics tomorrow and the software is vmj (virtual music jukebox) i have a problem with rushing thing but I'm getting better yours is definitely sweeter and cant wait to see it done.......  Bella's arcade is the coolest thing bet she loves it.

Haha - thanks but yours is looking pretty sweet to me.  I could never figure out how to add all the lights - plus I bet yours sounds great.  It looks like you have a receiver in there or something.

I have to try VMJ.  So far I've just done Xlobby and Freebox.  I like them both but not 100% - I actually think Freebox would be perfect for me but I don't really like any of the skins I've seen so far (they are fine but not something I would have come up with) and I have no idea how to create my own.  Xlobby is nice but there are too many other buttons (for movies, pictures, weather, internet radio, etc.) that I wouldn't want people screwing around with.

If you haven't checked it out yet, SimpleTouch Front End is AWESOME for these things.  Again, the skin isn't the best but the fact that you can launch any app from a bunch of windows is great.  I've got the jukebox on there and a ton of touchscreen games.  One of these days I'll get it all sorted out...   :cheers:

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 01:24:11 pm »
I'll have to check that out all I've ever use was vmj ........were did you get the touch screen games that must be pretty cool I want to get some for my juke  ;D and the question about loud .... man you cant even stand in front of it 1100 watt  amp powering two 600 watt yamaha speakers (external speakers of coarse)

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 01:33:42 pm »
I have Bejeweled 2 and Bejeweled Twist (it's awesome) on there and they work great.  I think a lot of the PopCap games will work OK (though not Peggle which sucks because I love that game).  I also just got a few "Hidden Object" games which are fun but they require semi-precise mouse clicks so some work better than others.  I put Text-Twist and on there too which is fun and I want to try out the Mega Touch series but I haven't gotten around to it.

deoblo85

• Offline Offline
  • GAME or DIE
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 01:54:05 pm »
Mega touch series hmmmmmm... were did you get that can you buy that and have it work on your pc i thought you had to have all these keys or codes or something i have a mega touch id love to get more games for it or put it on my juke. :applaud: