Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: So I go to visit my pinball machine ...  (Read 6964 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
So I go to visit my pinball machine ...
« on: July 06, 2003, 09:12:21 pm »
I went over to my friend's house to use his router to cut a t-molding slot, and I decided to play a game on my Victory Pinball machine that he is holding for me.

I play one game, score a bit over a million, about what I usually do.

Then I see the high score table after my game.

SRW in all 5 positions, including one score that was higher than the current Twin Galaxies world record for the game.

Who is SRW? That is my friend's new wife's 16 year old sister (Sonya). She came over to visit for the weekend, and proceeded to blow every score off that machine in one day. Eek, I thought I was getting kind of good, and then this little girl (who was born the same year the machine was made), just came up and totally owned the thing.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Odonadon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2006, 12:01:12 am
  • But then again, that's just one man's opinion.
    • Turbo2k
Re:So I go to visit my pinball machine ...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 01:45:12 am »
Dag, yo.  Yo got yo ass smizzoked.  Girl was  in the heezzee fo sheezee.

Gotta talk like 'em to beat 'em :)

Odonadon
It's Captain Odonadon, and his magical bag of nuts.

Hellnation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2005, 04:13:54 pm
  • I sold my gramma for a quarter!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 05:28:08 am »
LOL! Reset the score and play again!  ;D
Pedro Vieira

NY_in_TX

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2017, 11:19:54 am
  • First play's free...next one will cost ya
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 10:28:02 am »
LOL! Reset the score and play again!  ;D

ha ha!  yeah take back your toy!  that'll teach em.

Seriously though there's got to be some owner-borrower etiquette.  "Thou shalt not replace the owners scores with thine own"

I remember the first couple of months I had to keep telling my friends "no dirty words on the highscores"  

ny

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 02:01:34 pm »
I would reset, but I did a memory reset (scores and bookkeeping) the day I bought the machine, and kind of wanted to never reset it again. Since it is nice to be able to see how many games have racked up since the day I got it (close to 4000 now).

I am probably going to change the thing back to 3 balls though. Apparently it uses a different bonus scoring scheme on 5 ball games, and I end up scoring higher on three ball games (because I can usually hit the first 3 checkpoints in about 2 seconds, giving like 600K if it is set to 3 balls, but only like 200K if it is set to 5 balls).
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 04:21:07 pm »
Gimme a break....you would reset the game to get the high score back?  There's a word for that.  Cheating.  How would it make you feel any better to know that you didn't actually *get* the high score on your machine, you just erase any score that's higher than yours.

Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 04:34:33 pm »
Cheating was back in the day when my brother would get  a higher score than me in Mine Sweeper so I would go into the ini file and change it.  ;D

I don't have that high score problem on my KI machine. I hold about every record for every character (but it's my game so I ought to, right?).

As for resetting the score.. then that lil girl is going to KNOW she's better. That's like admitting defeat. Just suck it up and keep practicing. Or put in another game you KNOW you will never lose in!  :)

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 11:38:12 pm »
Well, I am not as good at that pin as I should be, since the thing has never been in my house. But I am moving in a few months, at which point I will collect up my stored games (the pin along with a Kangaroo and a Crystal Castles), and begin to set some real scores on them.

Brax

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2009, 09:03:48 am
  • Bring on the power tools!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 08:50:40 pm »
SRW in all 5 positions, including one score that was higher than the current Twin Galaxies world record for the game.

So get her on the Twin Galaxies high score list! At least you can say she used your machine!
If you build a frankenpanel, chances are I don't care for you as a person.

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 10:04:14 pm »

So get her on the Twin Galaxies high score list! At least you can say she used your machine!

The game wasn't videotaped. Anyway, I planned on breaking that record myself (it isn't very high).

Brax

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2009, 09:03:48 am
  • Bring on the power tools!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 07:43:47 am »

The game wasn't videotaped. Anyway, I planned on breaking that record myself (it isn't very high).

Very big of you.
If you build a frankenpanel, chances are I don't care for you as a person.