Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Midevil Madness and Theatre Of Magic  (Read 1899 times)

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
Midevil Madness and Theatre Of Magic
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:39:09 pm »
A coworker at our construction site has been asking me ot come hang out with him some night for his pool league.  I had heard the place where they play might have some pins.  He checked around the bar and said he saw they had two.  So I decided to go by and check it out.

It turns out they have a Midevil Madness and a Theatre of Magic.  This bar looks like a dive hole in the wall place, so I was quite supreised to find two big name pins there.

The MM was pretty fun.  The table was set up at a very high angle, so it was a bit difficult to catch the ball on the flippers and make shots, but after a little while I could start to get a feel for it.  The machine it self seemed to work completely and was in pretty good shape.

The TOM was really fun to play and was in real good condition.  The only thing that didn't seem to work was the saw.

All in all I was very happy to play these for the first time.  I wouldn't consider paying what a MM sells for, but I would definetely like to have a TOM in my basement.
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars

Visitor Q

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
Re: Midevil Madness and Theatre Of Magic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:29 am »
What do you mean when you say the saw does not work? Any saw that turns on that game is an aftermarket mod, the stock saw never moved by itself.

Two great games, enjoy!
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
Re: Midevil Madness and Theatre Of Magic
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:21:20 pm »
I just assumed the saw moved.  I think it moved on the DMD which is why I thought it moved on the playfield.

I will definately have to try the coster trick.
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars