Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lincade ISO - do what with it?  (Read 5891 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Lincade ISO - do what with it?
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:11:47 am »
I downloaded the ISO and then just 'sent' it to the CD drive, and Windows wrote it to it. However, when trying to boot from it, I got the following: FAILURE BOOT DISC (and retry, etc...). So, was there something I was supposed to do with it? Maybe extract the files and write those to the disc? Something else?
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 08:02:44 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: Lincade ISO - do what with it?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:29:28 am »
I downloaded the ISO and then just 'sent' it to the CD drive, and Windows wrote it to it. However, when trying to boot from it, I got the following: FAILURE BOOT DISC (and retry, etc...). So, was there something I was supposed to do with it? Maybe extract the files and write those to the disc? Something else?

Yeah.  Don't do that.  Get a better burning software, like Nero.

NickG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 05:25:23 am
  • Dig.
    • My Projects Page
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:25:56 am »
I would like to suggest this if you need a free one(donate-ware)
http://www.imgburn.com/
It is fairly simple to use and can be called by right-clicking on your .iso file

tikbalang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2013, 05:04:54 pm
    • MAME BootCD's for DOS
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:58:32 am »
burn slower, like 8x.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 08:17:54 pm »
I have Nero. I haven't any more discs, and have twice forgotten to grab some from my friend. Will let you know, though. I was idly thinking about the latest Advancemame, though, since it is used in Lincade, and thinking if I could easily switch it in place of the last version?
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2017, 10:20:56 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:02:00 pm »
I bet you burned the actual file on the CD instead of the image.  Can you view the contents of the CD?  If so, what is on the CD?

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »
I think that's what I did, too. It just shows the files. Hopefully I'll remember to pick up some blanks tonight so's I can try again.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking