Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gameroom Photos - Add Yours  (Read 44666 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Gameroom Photos - Add Yours
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 09:48:37 am »
Bruno's place:

I took photo  ;D

How do you get such awesome shots with the marquee not completely overpowering everything?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Mauzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »

That is a really cool shot!

How do you get such awesome shots with the marquee not completely overpowering everything?

It almost looks as though a dimmer than usual bulb is being used in those games. I would like to know also.
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 04:40:49 pm »
They are pretty sexy images, I'll say.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

LLUncoolJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 11:31:30 pm »
My work in progress. Next thing on the list is either another pinball or a game table and chairs. MAME is an NFL Blitz cabinet. Jukebox is 100% home-made. Other items include a Touchmaster Infinity, Earthshaker pinball, and Legacy Shuffleboard...and of course, the bar.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:32:54 pm by LLUncoolJ »
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:21 am »
Nice bar!  I would love to have a shuffle board table.
My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 08:48:52 am »
I added some decoration to my wall last night.

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:56 am »
Thanks Spyridon. I stole some of the design from my brother's bar, but the backbar and the illuminated wine bottles in the pedistal are all mine.
I like the idea of the old marquees as wall decorations. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of those. My favs are tin signs, always on the lookout for those.  :burgerking:
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 10:50:55 am »
Thanks Spyridon. I stole some of the design from my brother's bar, but the backbar and the illuminated wine bottles in the pedistal are all mine.
I like the idea of the old marquees as wall decorations. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of those. My favs are tin signs, always on the lookout for those.  :burgerking:

And your mucking up the look with those crappy barstools!  Sheeesh....  ;)

Gotta play me some Earthshaker!

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 11:11:48 am »

And your mucking up the look with those crappy barstools!  Sheeesh....  ;)

Gotta play me some Earthshaker!

Post you gameroom pics dork. Got a new HS on it last night!

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 11:17:59 am »
My pics were posted in this thread awhile back http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0.

The only reason you have the HS is because you turned the game off when you replaced the batteries you cheater.

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 11:54:51 am »
But I have pics from the previous owner showing the HS and I bested it. Hey, knowing what I know now, I would've approached that battery changing differently. But at least the batteries are off the board now, in a sealed box where they cannot harm anyone or anything (easpecially my rom board).  :burgerking:

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »
Is there a family reunion going on in here?

Something about those bars seems fishy guys (flake & LL)
"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 10:38:06 pm »
Ok. Tired of bars? Here's the basement I'm working with. Its still a work in progress. Obviously I still have some decorating to do, but what I do have up is my collection of "found" signs. Actually, a couple were "found" by my brother, the others were my cousin.  The storage room looking pics are my basement storage and workshop. A little cluttered at the moment, but usually pretty nice. Those TVs there are awaiting their fate once I have need of their tubes.
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:10 pm »
Part 2 - HDTV w/ game systems, storage and workshop. Don't know where or how to hang that no parking sign. Weighs a good 30 pounds

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »

The only thing "fishy" going on is how LLUncoolJ seems to have a bottomless pit of funds to support his coin-op/gameroom addiction... ;D

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 01:14:50 am »
LOL, I just saw some similarities in your bar & his which made me wonder if you were the mentioned brother from which the ideas were stolen.

I have no clue if the grammar for that was correct, please reread sober several times.

Damn I cant wait to re-do my bar!!!!!

Its time someone starts a DIY kegerator thread!

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 09:16:36 am »
LOL, I just saw some similarities in your bar & his which made me wonder if you were the mentioned brother from which the ideas were stolen.

I have no clue if the grammar for that was correct, please reread sober several times.

Damn I cant wait to re-do my bar!!!!!

Its time someone starts a DIY kegerator thread!

I am the aforementioned brother and have yet to be compensated for my design "consulting" work.

A DIY Kegerator?  Man I really want a kegerator.  I was going to put an undermount in my bar but damn those things are expensive ($1200 - $2000).  So then I thought maybe I could put a stand alone in my storage room and run a line through my wall and have the tapper handle mounted on the wall.  The problem with that is I have no way to keep the line cold from the keg to and through the wall......bummer..... :hissy:

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 10:05:34 am »

The only thing "fishy" going on is how LLUncoolJ seems to have a bottomless pit of funds to support his coin-op/gameroom addiction... ;D
What an I say, if the ladies are willing to pay for my services, who am I to deny them?

Will someone else please talk some sense into Flake...The workout room is taking up valuable space. It is an easy convert to a gameroom. Plus, selling off that equipment would give you the money to get a nice start on filling said gameroom. Get your priorities straight, will ya?

Oh, and just bite the bullet on the kegerator. Just tell your wife how much money you will "save" by having it. Plus, it's environmentally sound...no bottles or cans. There really is no down side. :burgerking:

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 07:13:19 pm »
@ Flake: I rest my case (pun intended): http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-en/kegerators-kegerator-kits-home/2193-another-perfect-micromatic-conversion.html

You or your brother do it first, then I will benefit from your R&D for free.

@ LL: yeah man beer ROI is a good point plus at the current rate of "change" its just a matter of time before the obama admin will pass a tax incentive to go green & get kegs rather than bottles like you mentioned.

Speaking of, something tells me one day the bank I work for will be .gov rather than .com someday LOL  :cheers:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 07:48:32 pm »
Kegerators are so over rated.  I had one... I sold it.  Bottom line is they are a pain in the ass to dial in correctly EACH and EVERY time you change the freakin' keg.  Expect tons of foam and a headache over and over and over again.  It's just much easier to keep a refrigerator stocked.

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 08:31:11 pm »
Damn man I really want to have a massive bowl of oranges, a row of pilsner glasses & a bright "blue moon" neon sign with a tapper under it.

But you just ruined it.

:hissy:

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 09:48:49 am »
Kegerators are so over rated.  I had one... I sold it.  Bottom line is they are a pain in the ass to dial in correctly EACH and EVERY time you change the freakin' keg.  Expect tons of foam and a headache over and over and over again.  It's just much easier to keep a refrigerator stocked.

Maybe....I dont remember having that much trouble with the one we used in college.  Its been awhile though.  One of the reason's I want a kegerator (and I realize I'm probably in the minority on this) but I really prefer a nice cold draft beer to a bottle or can.

PBW - what happened to the mame cabinet?  Other side of the basement?  New pics of current setup?

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04:35 am »
I dig the REALLY cold draft with the cold mug or pilsner glass. Not much into the luke warm draft in a plastic cup anymore (college days).

PBW, how do you like that JP machine? My little boy really wanted me to get one that was for sale on CL, but someone beat me to it. I have never played one, yet it is on my wishlist.

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:33 am »
My work in progress. Next thing on the list is either another pinball or a game table and chairs. MAME is an NFL Blitz cabinet. Jukebox is 100% home-made. Other items include a Touchmaster Infinity, Earthshaker pinball, and Legacy Shuffleboard...and of course, the bar.

How long is your Shuffleboard table?  Do you think you might be over salting it a little?  I can barely see the wood surface. 

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:04 am »

How long is your Shuffleboard table?  Do you think you might be over salting it a little?  I can barely see the wood surface. 
It is 12 ft. It is not a tournament shuffleboard, meaning it is a little more narrow. I think a lot of what you are seeing is because of the light. But we do keep it salted pretty heavy with a medium speed wax. It is pretty new, so the surface hasn't got good and slick yet. So when a puck hits an area that isn't salted, it bogs down, which is annoying.

My wife wanted the table more than me. I campaigned for a pool table, but she didn't want one. Shuffleboard is maddening because you seemingly don't get a lot for your money. You could buy a really nice pool table for less than I paid for a non-tournament table with no scoreboard.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2009, 11:47:00 am »
Dang, I post pics of whole sides of games on my wall, and not a single "Burn in hell for destroying games" comment?  ;) Maybe if I reset my post count to zero I will get comments.

*No I did not destroy any games - they were scrap sides that I thought would look sweet up there.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:50:16 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2009, 11:48:47 am »
Dang, I post pics of whole sides of games on my wall, and not a single "Burn in hell for destroying games" comment?  ;) Maybe if I reset my post count to zero I will get comments.

*No I did not destroy any games - they were scrap sides that I thought would look sweet up there.

Burn in hell for detroying games!

There...  feel better?

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:38 am »

I noticed it but figured they were water damaged cabs or something.  Especially that filthy Atari side.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »
They were both originally Wade's. The centi is horribly water logged on the bottom 2 feet. It did clean up nicely with magic eraser though. Maximum force was deader than a doornail, and was parted out. Cabinet was still pretty decent though. I took the best side of each.

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009, 04:59:38 pm »
@ Flake: I rest my case (pun intended): http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-en/kegerators-kegerator-kits-home/2193-another-perfect-micromatic-conversion.html

You or your brother do it first, then I will benefit from your R&D for free.

@ LL: yeah man beer ROI is a good point plus at the current rate of "change" its just a matter of time before the obama admin will pass a tax incentive to go green & get kegs rather than bottles like you mentioned.

Speaking of, something tells me one day the bank I work for will be .gov rather than .com someday LOL  :cheers:
PBW, are you at BofA? If so, are you down town STL?

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 06:50:31 pm »
@ Flake: Yeah I moved the monster mame to the other wall. The pool table will be happening VERY VERY VERY soon finally so be prepared for those new pics, until then here is the pic of the mame area.................maybe a mod can merge both gameroom threads into one sticky?

@ LL: Nah but I PM'd you where I work.....I do know some BOA folks that went there after the CW breakdown. Also LL if you are such a ladies man why did your wife talk you into a skinny expensive shuffle table you didnt want? Tell the truth, for every toy in the basement you add she gets 3 coach purses & lunch @ Miss Amy Bees or some crap like that?  :laugh2:

EDIT: yeah LL the JP is fun, that sucker is fast too, prob 2-3x's faster than my wwf or tftc.............you & your brother are the kings of not buying Jurassic Parks  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:57:06 pm by pinballwizard79 »

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2009, 09:33:06 am »
EDIT: yeah LL the JP is fun, that sucker is fast too, prob 2-3x's faster than my wwf or tftc.............you & your brother are the kings of not buying Jurassic Parks  :cheers:

Now that one stung....

Looking forward to new updated pics with pool table  :cheers:

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2009, 11:37:56 am »
LOL, hopefully you laughed @ that..........I dont want 2 brothers jumping me @ Chucks one day  :cheers:

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 06:40:00 pm »
LOL, hopefully you laughed @ that..........I dont want 2 brothers jumping me @ Chucks one day  :cheers:

Oh you got a laugh from me.  Not sure about my brother so just to be on the safe side lets meet up at Chucks next opening and bring your JP as a peace offering.  It will get lots of love at my house and go a long way to repair my brothers tender ego...... >:D

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 06:48:47 pm »
Any chance of seeing this thread return to its original purpose? ::)
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2009, 08:09:23 pm »
PWiz was being a d-bag
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:50:09 pm by pinballwizard79 »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2009, 08:26:23 pm »
That's ok. We all have a bad day sometimes. :) Thanks. Didn't intend for my post to be anything more than a lighthearted attempt to get some more people's game room photos posted! :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:10:12 pm by TheShanMan »
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2009, 08:49:47 pm »
You are right, I am sorry, I will delete my rude comment.

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2009, 03:52:51 pm »
O....k....Back to gameroom talk I guess. I had a bunch of neighbors over saturday night that had yet to see the basement modifications. The reoccuring comment was "Why don't you have a Jurassic Park, assclown?" It was very hurtful.
But seriously, chalk up 2 more requests for me to build someone a jukebox. People seem to think it would be easier to build a hydrogen bomb than a jukebox. Of course I had the moronic follow up question of did I build the pinball machine too. I answered, "Why yes, shortly after I invented the internets."

Well, off to scour Ebay for a witty sign in an attempt to one-up PBW's BBQ and dumping signs.

Here's to hoping that Michael Crabtree is the next Charles Rodgers. :burgerking:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »
Here are my latest gameroom photos...taken yesterday.  I tried to get all artsy-fartsy with the last couple...