Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CFG Magician - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!  (Read 41115 times)

Morpheus

• Trade Count: (0)
CFG Magician - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:17:08 pm »
Preamble:

Problem: How to map individual mame games, without having to do it one by one in every game.
Solution: CFG Magician!

Question: "Why do I care?"
Answer: You probably don't, but you should... public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I have a seven button layout on my control panel:
_000
Pretty standard, the six buttons on the right for fighting games, bottom row of four butttons for Neo Geo, and other four button games. I started this project because I had made a CTLR file for NeoGeo games, but that left me with 234 Non-NeoGeo, no-clone, four button games that didn't use the 4 button layout that I wanted. Another example would be that for trackball games, you could map buttons on either side of the trackball to be used in the games, so that either hand could be used for the trackball. I wanted a way to mass produce Mame Cfgs based on options that I could choose myself.

How to use CFG Magician:

1. DownLoad a set of 'CFG Magician Data Files' that matches your version of Mame, and put them in the CFG Magician\Data Files folder. EG: CFG Magician\Data Files\005.cfg
    2. Browse to the list of games you want to convert. You can use one of the files provided, or you can make your own list with RomLister. The nice thing about this, is that you can create any list you want.
    3. Put a tick in the box, if you want to mirror player1 buttons to player2 for alternating games. If you do this, for games like Asteroids that normally only use the one player controls, both sets of controls will be mapped, so that two players can play without "swapping" in and out. If you want to convert all 2 player alternating games, select the "AlternatingGames.csv" in step 1.
    4. Enter the controls that you want mapped for players 1 - 4. Skip any controls that you don't want to change from the default controls. For Mouse, Joy, and Gun codes, use the right-click menu. To enter multiple inputs into a box, put a tick in the box "Enter Multiple Inputs". Use the radio buttons for Multiple Keyboards. (Keycodes for Keyboard #2 will not show up in Mame, unless the -multikeyboard switch is used.)

CFG Magician creates new cfg files with the inputs you entered, copies all existing Mame/cfg information to the newly created cfgs, and places the new cfg file into the "New Cfg" folder, over-writing any existing cfgs in the folder. For this reason, if you are working with multiple lists, do the "High Priority" list last! Once you are satisfied with the results, move the new cfgs in the CFG Magician\New CFG folder into your Mame/cfg folder. Always backup your existing cfg files!

When the program is finished, if some cfgs weren't created, CFG Magician creates a list called Roms Skipped.csv, Listing the reason a cfg was skipped.

Notes:

Save Button:
Use the "Save" button to save current input codes. I think it is important to note, that CFG Magician does not write blank inputs to the cfg file. It is advisable that you only enter the inputs that you want changed from the default.cfg, or your ctrlr.cfg, otherwise there will be many unnecessary entries in your Mame\cfg files.

Lists:
I have included two folders (Clone, No-Clone) with lists for: buttons 1-16, Trackball, Spinner, Dial, and 4 button Non-NeoGeo lists for people who have a NeoGeo entry in a ctrlr file. Examples of what could be done:

* Map a 14 button game across a two player 7 button control panel.
    * Map Buttons on either side of the trackball/spinner for right/left hand play.

Joy Number:
The value "Joycode=0" from the CFG Magician.ini file is subtracted from the Joy Number. So if your Joy # is off, use this value to adjust it.

Dipswitch Options:
CFG Magician can set the following dipswitch options:
Language (English,Japanese,German,French,Italian,Spanish)
FreePlay (On)
CockTail (On)
Difficulty (Min,Max)
Lives (Min,Max)
Bonus Lives (Min,Max)

If you want a game to be as easy as possible, set Difficulty (Min), Lives (Max), Bonus Lives (Min)

A word about Difficulty, Lives, and Bonus Lives. All I do is set the dipswitch to the first available option for (Min), and to the last available option for (Max). This is not 100% accurate, some of the dipswitches are in Max-Min order in the drivers, instead of Min-Max. There are too many names for the different dips, and I have no desire to work it all out. public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

I believe that the Language, FreePlay, and Cocktail dips are accurate.

CFG Magician: http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/601-cfg-magician/
CFG Magician Data Files: http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/602-cfg-magician-data-files/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:48:54 am by Morpheus »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: CFG Magician 1.1
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »
Excellent.  I'll have to give this another shot in the morning and see how well it works. 

Thanks for the quick fix!

Morpheus

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 06:03:14 am »
Let me know if you have any issues, or suggestions!

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:43:36 am »
Alrighty, it appears to have worked.  Getting the keys configure using your GUI is a little bit of a pain.  It isn't easy to fix a key if you accidentally hit the wrong one.  I had to clear the inputs several times before I got them set correctly.  Also, you have to use the Next/Previous button to get to the input instead of just clicking in the new location and hitting the button.  If you do the button pressed is input in the last location where your cursor was and not in the new box that I clicked in. 

Other than that, very nice app.

Morpheus

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »
To be honest, I don't like it either. The problem is that to keep keys like Menu, and Win to keep from performing their native function when pressed, I had to remap the entire keyboard, including modifier keys (Ctrl ALt etc.), so there really is no way to signal when you want to use the keys as an input, or as a command in the program. I could try to use mouse movement to navigate the Input boxes, or a right click context menu would be easy as well.  HMMM... maybe I could use the left click as a modifier, and have the keys perform a function if the left mouse button is down.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Edit: BTW you can click on "Previous", and enter a new key, the text will be replaced automatically. No need to clear the whole board. I bet even that little bit of information will make you happier.
It would also be really easy for me to not have it move automatically to the next box, as you hit a key, the text would keep getting replaced, until you clicked on "Next"
I can't remember why clicking in the box doesn't select the box, I think that would be more intuitive. I will see if I can make that work.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:30:31 pm by Morpheus »

Morpheus

CFG Magician 1.2
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:25 pm »
Version 1.2 Released:

Notes:
Added ability to select input box with mouse
Fixed a bug - If Keyboard 2 was selected for button input, it stayed on for joystick input even though it was shown as Keyboard 1
Added information to Roms skipped.csv, indicating the reason a rom was skipped.

In addition to the mouse, you can use Previous, and Next to navigate the input boxes. Just press a key, and the text will be replaced.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:31:04 pm by Morpheus »

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.3
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:26:51 pm »
Version 1.3 Released

Notes:
Fixed a bug - When mirroring controls, I had used "or" Instead of "OR" so the cfgs didn't work with LedWiz. (Nobody noticed but me  )
Another Bug - I now subtract 1 from Gamepad buttons, because Mame thinks Button 1 is button 0. (Me)
Scaled user's font size automatically in Gui. (Bkenobi)
Added a right-click menu to provide a way to enter additional codes: Mouse, Joy, and Gun. (urebelscum)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:33:26 pm by Morpheus »

Bender

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:14:00 pm »
Wow! This is just what I didn't know I needed!  :cheers:

Seriously this is awesome
can't wait to try it out

Morpheus

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:08 pm »
I finally tried it out myself today.  :laugh2:

Seriously, other than a half a dozen cfgs that I used for testing, I hadn't used it before. I remapped all alternating 2 player games to player 1 and player 2 controls, all 4 button games to the bottom 4 buttons on my cp, and all trackball games to use both p1, and p2 buttons, so that either hand can use the trackball. I use the ledwiz, and it looks really nice having my four button games light the way I want, and seeing both sets of controls light up for games like Centipede is sweet! I give CFG Magician 2 thumbs up!  :applaud:

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:38:46 pm »
I think you need a catcher name I almost didn't know what is was
How about "Button Mapper Magician" or something like that

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:37:02 pm »
I think you need a catcher name I almost didn't know what is was
How about "Button Mapper Magician" or something like that

I knew exactly what he meant though before I even read the thread.

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 02:28:44 am »
I still have no idea what the hell this is:o

I guess I'll have to give it a shot and find out.

Definitely change the name!

Morpheus

CFG Magician 1.3 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »
Do you you think the description in the first post is too vague? I will add a little more info to the title. (How's That?)

Bender

• Offline Offline
Re: CFG Magician 1.3 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 10:31:47 pm »
Once I read that first post I knew exactly what it was

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:09 pm »
Do you you think the description in the first post is too vague? I will add a little more info to the title. (How's That?)

Yes it's too vague. If your audience for this app is for the more experienced and veteran user then I'm sure it's fine but for noobs like me a better description as well as a reason to use it would be nice.

Morpheus

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:04:09 am »
Yes it's too vague. If your audience for this app is for the more experienced and veteran user then I'm sure it's fine but for noobs like me a better description as well as a reason to use it would be nice.

Basically, CFG Magician will create Mame cfg files based on any list that can be created with romlister. The primary goal was to create cfgs based on controls for each game. I gave two examples in the 1st post, but the possibilities are endless. For instance you may have a spinner on your control panel. Most people put the spinner in a place that may not be convenent to use the same buttons that are used in Non-spinnner games. You could create a list of spinner games in Romlister, and remap the buttons on your CP for spinner games only.

I updated the first post. Let me know if you think I need to add anything.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:48:02 am by Morpheus »

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 08:30:40 pm »
I've tried this
and it works awesome if are using the default mame controls

my only problem and, maybe I'm not using it right is that the individual rom cfg's override the general ones and my general ones are not the mame standard

so now all the buttons are right but nothing else is

is there a way around this?

(I still have my original cfg folder to go back to)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:24:04 pm by Bender »

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:00 pm »
Sorry I'm an idiot

All you have to do is put your old "default.cfg" in the cgf folder you using and your good to go
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:23:06 pm by Bender »

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.5 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 04:32:30 pm »
Version 1.5 Released:
This is a major update from 1.3, thanks to Wombat for all of the Beta testing! 

Notes:

1. Reduced the size of the CFG Magician\cfg folder from ~15Mb to ~5Mb
2. Added "Joycode=0" to the ini. This value is subtracted from the Joy Number. So if your Joy # is off, use this value to adjust it.
3. All existing Mame/cfg information will be copied to the newly created cfgs.
4. When you click on a box to select it, the contents are deleted.
5. New GUI - CFG Magician will now scan the games on the list, and only the input types that are needed for the games in the list are displayed. I no longer give warnings if you don't enter all of the required inputs, because if you don't fill in all of the boxes, then you didn't enter enough information.

Also, a few comments on the right-click menu:

1. It does exist.
2. It provides extended mouse/joystick/gun codes
3. It is the only reliable way to enter XAXIS|YAXIS|ZAXIS|RXAXIS|RYAXIS|RZAXIS|HATSWITCH information for a gamepad.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:08:45 am by Morpheus »

Morpheus

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 04:41:37 pm »
If anyone here has a cocktail Mame cab, and has changed the dipswitch settings in the cfgs to cocktail mode, I would like to have a copy of the cfgs, so I could add this feature to CFG MAgician. Thanks!

Also, I was asked why soulclbr doesn't have a Cfg file, to which I replied:

I'm not sure why soulclbr doesn't have a blank cfg file. They were done from an automated process from a script I wrote. Even though it was done unattended, it still took 48 hours to run them all. I put in a time limit for how long the scipt would wait for each game, maybe it didn't initialize in the time I alllowed?. I obviously didn't chek every game, but if people are willing to set all controls in a game that are missing to "NONE", and upload the cfgs, I will add them to the download.

I have attched a list of missing cfgs. I have 6660 cfgs, missing 495. If anyone wants to create the missing ones, I'll add them to CFG Magician. I can provide a script to run the games automatically in Mame.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:12:22 pm by Morpheus »

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 02:38:19 pm »
I have attched a list of missing cfgs. I have 6660 cfgs, missing 495. If anyone wants to create the missing ones, I'll add them to CFG Magician. I can provide a script to run the games automatically in Mame.

I'll get you them with a mame hack.  Would you prefer everything set to none, or the default maps listed, or mostly blank like in the cfg magician folder?

Edit: except I can't download the txt file for some reason?   ???
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:43:30 pm by u_rebelscum »
Robin
Knowledge is Power

Morpheus

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 06:44:43 am »
Thanks UrebelScum!

As you know, All I need is the Port Tag, Mask, and Defvalue information, so you can set the inputs to anything, I will parse the information I need. I used "None", because by repeatedly sending {Enter}{Down}{Escape}, when it gets to the end of the inputs, it also backs out of the menu, and exits Mame.

This is what the blank cfg for 005 looks like:

<port tag="D7D6" type="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" mask="64" defvalue="64">
            <port tag="D5D4" type="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" mask="4" defvalue="4">
            <port tag="D5D4" type="P1_BUTTON1" mask="8" defvalue="8">
            <port tag="D5D4" type="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" mask="64" defvalue="64">
            <port tag="D5D4" type="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" mask="128" defvalue="128">
            <port tag="FC" type="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" mask="8" defvalue="0">
            <port tag="FC" type="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" mask="16" defvalue="0">
            <port tag="FC" type="P2_BUTTON1" mask="32" defvalue="0">
            <port tag="FC" type="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" mask="64" defvalue="0">
            <port tag="FC" type="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" mask="128" defvalue="0">

Link for roms skipped.txt: http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4712

Morpheus

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 06:51:10 am »
Version 1.53 released!

Notes:
1. Added a checkbox "Enter Multiple Inputs". Put a Tick in the box, and multiple inputs can be entered into the input box. Supports all input types, Keyboard, Gamepad, and items in the right-click menu (Mouse, Joy, and Gun codes). Click on an input box to switch to that box.

2. Added "Save" button. I think it is important to note, that CFG Magician does not write blank inputs to the cfg file. It is advisable that you only enter the inputs that you want changed from the default.cfg, or your ctrlr.cfg, (You do not have to put an input in every box) otherwise there will be many unnecessary entries in your Mame\cfg files.
Also, now that CFG Magician only asks for inputs for the current list of roms, if you want to save all input types, use "AllGames.csv" as your input file. Enter all of the inputs, and click on save. You can then close the window without making any cfg files.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:10:08 am by Morpheus »

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • You rebel scum
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
Okay the hack to output what I was planning to do was easy, but I forgot about needing the ROMs.   :-[

I'm err finding the roms ATM, but I'll see if I can do more hacks to just grab the input stuff.

I'll post the cfgs I'm working on later this evening (about 250 ATM).

FWIW, some of the names are bios, so don't need a cfg, some are still very WIP (not working yet), so the inputs (any any yet) might change, and some I think are a different version of mame.  I'll list those after I get all the other cfgs.
Robin
Knowledge is Power

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • You rebel scum
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 03:38:20 am »
Alright, here's 326 of the game's "cleaned" cfg files, from a hacked mame 0.130.  There is 31 other zero size cfgs, but the games/bios might not have any inputs (not emulated yet?); I'll check the details out tomorrow.  A few more missing files to find, still.  But as I mentioned last post, a few of the games in your missing list don't match up to any games in 0.130.  It's possible the zip file (aka ROM set)  names have been changed recently (another thing you might want to worry about, Morpheus: changes between mame versions  :-\ ).  More info tomorrow.
Robin
Knowledge is Power

Morpheus

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 06:49:00 am »
I knew that maintaining the cfgs was going to be an issue. I don't suppose you know how mame calculates the mask, etc. information? It would be nice to be able to get the information from the source code, instead of actually running Mame.

I'm pleasantly suprised that you were able to get that many more cfgs.  :applaud:    I did a test on some of the missing ones a while ago, and some of the games don't even have an input menu...

There must be a problem with attachments here, because I can't download the cfg files. (Same way you couldn't download the list)

Morpheus

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »
I knew that maintaining the cfgs was going to be an issue. I don't suppose you know how mame calculates the mask, etc. information? It would be nice to be able to get the information from the source code, instead of actually running Mame.

I figured it out, if you are interested, you can read about it here (Post #17)

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=7139&st=0&gopid=53785&#entry53785

If I can get this to work, there will be no more cfg files to deal with...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 04:24:44 pm by Morpheus »

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • You rebel scum
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 04:21:34 pm »
I figured it out, if you are interested, you can read about it here (Post #17)

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=7139&st=0&gopid=53785&#entry53785

If I can get this to work, there will be no more cfg files to deal with...

Do you still want the ones I got, or show I just forget about them?  I can post it over at the other site.  Which reminds, me...

...There must be a problem with attachments here, because I can't download the cfg files. (Same way you couldn't download the list)

Looks like something is up with the attachments.

Back to subject, parsing the source would be way faster than producing cfg files by running one second of every single game to generate them.  However, I think the cfg files were changed somewhere around 0.124-0.126, enough so unless you make your app backwards compatible, it'll only work on 0.12x and on.
Robin
Knowledge is Power

Morpheus

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 05:15:33 pm »
I would still like to take a look at the cfg files. You can E-mail them if you want. Or post at GameEx. I guess I won't worry about backwards compatibility, until after I get it working, I will have a hard enough time as it is...
If I try to think in two directions, I'll get confused!

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.53 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »
I cleaned up the thread at GameEx, and corrupted the download. If you downloaded this week, you may need to download again. The first post has been updated with correct Link.

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.53 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 01:47:46 pm »
I have been working on adding the option to Cfg Magician that will allow a user to create their own "Source Cfgs" from the Mame source code. The Source cfgs are necessary to supply the "mask" "defvalue", and "value" information in the newly created cfgs. (The CFGs will not work without those values)

I have been using Mame128 as my test version, because I can compare the set of cfg files that I created by running every game in Mame to the cfgs that I have parsed out of the mame source. I'm about 99.9% complete, and so far have added ~400 new cfg files, with ~7000 additional controls to the existing cfgs.

I am also able to parse dipswitch information, and in the near future, you will be able to set all cocktail games into cocktail mode, using CFG Magician.

Two Questions:

1. Does any one have other requests for dipswitches that I should consider adding?

2.  Does anyone have cfg files that I could use to compare from older versions of Mame? I have created this cfg for 2020BB (Mame057), but I have no way to verify if it is correct without quite a bit of hassle

Code: [Select]
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" mask="1" defvalue="1">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" mask="2" defvalue="2">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" mask="4" defvalue="4">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" mask="8" defvalue="8">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_BUTTON1" mask="16" defvalue="16">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_BUTTON2" mask="32" defvalue="32">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_BUTTON3" mask="64" defvalue="64">
<port tag="IN0" type="P1_BUTTON4" mask="128" defvalue="128">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" mask="1" defvalue="1">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" mask="2" defvalue="2">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" mask="4" defvalue="4">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" mask="8" defvalue="8">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_BUTTON1" mask="16" defvalue="16">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_BUTTON2" mask="32" defvalue="32">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_BUTTON3" mask="64" defvalue="64">
<port tag="IN1" type="P2_BUTTON4" mask="128" defvalue="128">

If a few people could upload existing cfgs from older versions of Mame, I would appreciate it. Please indicate what version that they are for.

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.58 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »
CFG Magician 1.58 Released:

Notes:
1. Added dipswitch options, "FreePlay" and "CockTail"
You can use CFG Magician to turn these options on for games in your list, when that option is available in Mame. I recommend that you use the "All Games" list, select the dipswitch options, and leave all of the controls blank. The dipswitch info will be added to your existing Mame\cfg files.

2. New cfg folder with ~7000 new controls, and ~400 new cfgs

3. Optimized code, now runs twice as fast.

4. Minor improvements to GUI

Updated Link in First Post.

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.58 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 11:52:39 am »
It looks like I've introduced a bug with the new dipswitch options. You can still use CFG Magican, but don't use the Dipswitch options. I'm going to pull the download, until I get it fixed.

Morpheus

Re: CFG Magician 1.59 - Create Custom Mame Cfg Files Automatically!
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 06:30:40 pm »
CFG Magician 1.59 Released:

1. Fixed the bug I created with the new Dipswitch options
2. New GUI size to work with 600x 800 display
3. Added DipSwitch tab, with options to set:
Language (English,Japanese,German,French,Italian,Spanish)
FreePlay (On)
CockTail (On)
Difficulty (Min,Max)
Lives (Min,Max)
Bonus Lives (Min,Max)

If you want a game to be as easy as possible, set Difficulty (Min), Lives (Max), Bonus Lives (Min)

A word about Difficulty, Lives, and Bonus Lives. All I do is set the dipswitch to the first available option for (Min), and to the last available option for (Max). This is not 100% accurate, some of the dipswitches are in Max-Min order in the drivers, instead of Min-Max. There are too many names for the different dips, and I have no desire to work it all out. 

I believe that the Language, FreePlay, and Cocktail dips are accurate.

I also included 2 new folders (Clone, No-Clone) with lists for: buttons 1-16, Trackball, Spinner, Dial, and 4 button Non-NeoGeo lists for people who have a NeoGeo entry in a ctrlr file. It occured to me today that if a person wanted to play a 14 button game, that they could map the game across a two player 7 button control panel.

Updated first Post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:33:35 pm by Morpheus »

Bender

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 09:43:13 am »
just wanted to say thanks for this program!

I've been using it for a couple of months now and love it

my 7 LED button layout would be awful without it
this is perfect companion for LEDBlinky

great job! :cheers:

can't wait to try the new version freeplay here I come!

Morpheus

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 06:05:09 am »
Thank you for the kind words. I too have a 7 (led) button layout, and CFG Magician does make everything look right.

GaryMcT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2014, 11:19:27 am
    • GaryMcT's arcade blog
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 03:45:29 am »
The link to CFG Magician is dead. . .is there a new location for it?
My blog on learning how to develop FPGA versions of arcade boards: http://garymct.blogspot.com

Morpheus

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 06:02:22 am »
The link works for me? Maybe it's a caching issue?
The link to the page at GameEx is:
http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=6843

GaryMcT

• Offline Offline
    • GaryMcT's arcade blog
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 05:03:12 pm »
Hmm, you are right.  Looks like my account on there doesn't haven't have enough privileges to download files.  I'll post over there and see if that fixes it. :)

Thanks!
My blog on learning how to develop FPGA versions of arcade boards: http://garymct.blogspot.com

GaryMcT

• Offline Offline
    • GaryMcT's arcade blog
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 05:04:52 pm »
I try to reply to your thread over there while logged in as GaryMcT and I get this:

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic