Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retro-Futuristic Mame cabinet  (Read 497096 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:29:49 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: ^izHv8s
« Reply #1720 on: January 05, 2018, 11:18:48 pm »
These communities are built on the knowledge that is shared by it's members. When someone tries to erase their contributions it is pretty selfish. They learned for others on this site as well. If you want to disengage go right ahead. Just leave what you learned here.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #1721 on: January 05, 2018, 11:31:09 pm »
  That's not selfish.... That's a means to an end, in the mind of great thinkers. Burning bridges is the only way to be totally free from the voices in your mind.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1722 on: January 06, 2018, 12:22:31 am »
Meaningless drivel.

Laythe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 07:19:50 pm
  • "-smurfing- delivers." - Yots
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149109.0.html
« Reply #1723 on: January 06, 2018, 05:38:26 am »
People will do what they will do.  Freedom is an infinitely valuable ideal, and it can also be accurately described as other people doing things you don't like.

I wish Ond well, wherever he is and whatever he does next.  I'm glad I got to meet him.

I admit that it irritates me a little to see Mike A making such strident assertions about contributions, when I find more value in what Ond left behind after deleting most of his posts than in what Mike A has posted.  But, that's freedom, too - he gets to contribute what he wants, same as me, same as Ond - same as any of us.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1724 on: January 06, 2018, 06:03:43 am »
I never diminished his contributions. I guarantee he has contributed far more than I have. I have only been here a short time. He brought a lot of skill and knowledge to the table. My point is that everyone learns from others. Including OND. If everyone erased their contributions what would we be left with? What exactly was irritating about my statement? I really am interested in your opinion Laythe. I wish Ond well. If he wants to disengage that is cool. I just don't agree with wiping out useful information, some of which was built on the contributions of others. I am interested in a discussion Laythe, maybe I am off base.

Laythe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 07:19:50 pm
  • "-smurfing- delivers." - Yots
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149109.0.html
« Reply #1725 on: January 06, 2018, 06:39:45 am »
I thought "meaningless drivel" was a bit aggro and uncalled for - you could have just said you disagreed.

I can see and appreciate your point that the forum is improved by leaving the useful things you've shared on the table when you go.  I'd agree with that.

I can't get behind busting Ond's chops for the choice he made when I'll never know the reasons why or what he went through that lead to him deciding to do what he did - so to the degree to which I felt like you were declaring what Ond should have done, I was a bit ruffled.  I appreciate you being open to discussion and asking about it, though.  I may have overreacted based on how I read your tone, and your response suggests that I probably did.

The way I figure it, if he'd wanted to leave his stuff here, that would have been nice, and I agree that gift would make this a better place.  But it's not like he owes us anything, and calling it selfish verges on implying that he does.  It's his stuff, and if he sleeps better for wiping it, for whatever reason, then I'm just glad that I got to see it during the time he felt like sharing it.

Thanks for asking my thoughts and hearing me out.  Sorry for being more aggro than I should have been, myself.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1726 on: January 06, 2018, 06:57:34 am »
Sometimes I comment a little too directly. Meaningless drivel is definitely too harsh. I agree with most of what you say. I just have a problem with saying he doesn't owe the community anything. That is simply not true. He gained knowledge and insight from this forum. Is he going to give that back? Of course that is impossible. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation or a wellness update. Just leave what is here alone.
I have learned a lot from people here. I would never dream of erasing my contributions, as small as they are, if I left. I don't believe my contributions are mine alone. I built my knowledge on the base of others. Ultimately we are not curing cancer here, but it would be nice not to lose major contributions to the hobby. Thanks for hearing me out Laythe.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #1727 on: January 06, 2018, 12:12:37 pm »
Nuking your posts is ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. Don’t do it kids.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
^izHv8s
« Reply #1728 on: January 06, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »
I find both Laythe and MikeA to be fine, upstanding members of this community, and seeing them fight makes Baby Yot cry.

Honestly, I wish Ond didn’t nuke his posts. Hell, I wish LouisTully didn’t nuke his posts. But like LT, I’m sure Ond had his reasons. I just find it sad because I know how proud Ond was of his craftsmanship but also how willing he was to teach others these techniques. Hell, we even talked about him doing a demo at a future ZapCon. So for him to take the time and trouble to go and delete all these individual posts makes me worry about it. But eds has pointed out that he is physically ok, and out of respect for Ond I’m not going to engage in any  further speculation. Just stay well, Andre, and know you’re always welcome back.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1729 on: January 06, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »
Please don't cry Yots.

We are cool as far as I am concerned. I was a little douchy and he called me out. Then he gave me the opportunity to explain my point of view.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1730 on: January 06, 2018, 02:09:34 pm »
I find both Laythe and MikeA to be fine, upstanding members of this community, and seeing them fight makes Baby Yot cry.

Honestly, I wish Ond didn’t nuke his posts. Hell, I wish LouisTully didn’t nuke his posts. But like LT, I’m sure Ond had his reasons. I just find it sad because I know how proud Ond was of his craftsmanship but also how willing he was to teach others these techniques. Hell, we even talked about him doing a demo at a future ZapCon. So for him to take the time and trouble to go and delete all these individual posts makes me worry about it. But eds has pointed out that he is physically ok, and out of respect for Ond I’m not going to engage in any  further speculation. Just stay well, Andre, and know you’re always welcome back.
Well, Whether he has left or not his posts were his, And he (or anyone else) doesn't owe squat to the payback police.... But should one speculate, everything was fine until he got back from zapcon, then his posts became slow and less pointed....Personally Jennifer thinks of his many great ideas only one sticks out beyond anything he learned from this (or most likely any other site) and it was overlooked for its sheer brilliance and judged as common knowledge.... That and his wiliness to teach others was fascinating to watch, I cant even tolerate some of you, but not him, he could always deal with stupid and do it with grace.....So to Ond,: Jennifer checks her hair one last time.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #1731 on: January 06, 2018, 02:09:53 pm »
Naw Mike, you’re fine.  I agree with your earlier post, I too believe it’s selfish as well as vindictive.
Ond could have left his posts for posterity of the community and knowledge-base here, but he chose to meticulously destroy all his contributions to this community (what’s left of it). Who knows out of spite, mallace or some other reason. We can only guess.

And Jennifer’s posts are usually mindless anyway.  :lol

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1732 on: January 06, 2018, 02:19:46 pm »

Well, Whether he has left or not his posts were his, And he (or anyone else) doesn't owe squat to the payback police.... But should one speculate, everything was fine until he got back from zapcon, then his posts became slow and less pointed....Personally Jennifer thinks of his many great ideas only one sticks out beyond anything he learned from this (or most likely any other site) and it was overlooked for its sheer brilliance and judged as common knowledge.... That and his wiliness to teach others was fascinating to watch, I cant even tolerate some of you, but not him, he could always deal with stupid and do it with grace.....So to Ond,: Jennifer checks her hair one last time.

Oh, but when LouisTully did the SAME EXACT THING you were like:

Mr. Tully....If you're gonna leave go, personally I could care less.  Your removal of "intellectual property" is disrespectful of the BYOAC members past, present, and future. At best a collaborate effort...You're the only asshat here.

And it sounds like in a backhanded way you’re blaming ZapCon for Ond’s leaving. That’s ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. He was so energized by coming and meeting other people. He was planning some big things for this year’s ZapCon, and that’s what has me puzzled.

Just.... shut up.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1733 on: January 06, 2018, 02:24:51 pm »
Yotsuya for the win. :applaud:

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1734 on: January 06, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »
   I am not blaming Zapcon, Just an observation. his posts became slow and almost disconnected after the fact.... And as for LT, we have already covered that I was wrong to not want him to leave, And as result should not have tried to get him to defend his decision.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1735 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »
Deflection doesn't become you.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
^izHv8s
« Reply #1736 on: January 06, 2018, 02:35:00 pm »

It just makes me mad because Ond was a very big supporter of ZapCon and was actually thinking of donating one of his pieces to give away. He also had some ideas that we thought might help get even more old time BYOAC members to come by. I’ll just leave it at that. But don’t say that the event had a negative impact on him - I know he made many friends there. It was an honor and a privilege to meet him, and I hope he can return one day. I know in his heart he really wants to.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:38:34 pm by yotsuya »

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1737 on: January 06, 2018, 02:48:44 pm »

It just makes me mad because Ond was a very big supporter of ZapCon and was actually thinking of donating one of his pieces to give away. He also had some ideas that we thought might help get even more old time BYOAC members to come by. I’ll just leave it at that. But don’t say that the event had a negative impact on him - I know he made many friends there. It was an honor and a privilege to meet him, and I hope he can return one day. I know in his heart he really wants to.
  AGAIN.... I am NOT blaming Zapcon (or whatever happened there).... But It doesn't help your case that OND pretty much just STOPPED posting after he got home (in public forum anyway). Friends or not, good time or not, Big future plans or not, it does NOT change that fact.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:50:39 pm by jennifer »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #1738 on: January 06, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
You are still blaming Zapcon. Do you know how words work?

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1739 on: January 06, 2018, 02:52:04 pm »
   You just don't make any sense.....Stop posting idiot.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1740 on: January 06, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »

I no, rite!

Ond also stopped posting after Trump won his first primary. Quick, someone call Breitbart!

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #1741 on: January 06, 2018, 02:52:54 pm »
This entire thread should be nuked from orbit...only way to be sure

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1742 on: January 06, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »
This is Ond’s last post - interesting enough in the ZapCon ‘18 Roll Call thread:

You are a good guy Yots.  Not a lot of those left.

I think we all are. I'm not kidding when I say I'd really love for Steve to make it out. I think he needs a kind of joy and camaraderie in his life.

I think you should go Howard.  Yots and I have been around BYOAC since somewhere around 2009/2010, but you've been around way longer.  I'm sure there's plenty of stories to tell in person which the BYOAC ZapCon bros would like to hear.  I agree about Steve too, he'd probably be surprised by the warm welcome he'd get.  Ehhh, I can make no comment at this stage about my own attendance, not trying to be secretive or anything but I just don't know.  Unlike the year I did go, money is very tight right now.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
^izHv8s
« Reply #1743 on: January 06, 2018, 02:58:55 pm »
So anyway, good luck to you, Ond. We’ll do a round in your honor come April!

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #1744 on: January 06, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
I agree. I feel like I'm at a junior high sleep over.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1745 on: January 06, 2018, 03:03:20 pm »

You’re probably too old for something like that. :)

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #1746 on: January 06, 2018, 03:37:40 pm »

You’re probably too old for something like that. :)
Possibly.

yamatetsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:37:32 am
  • Just because.
« Reply #1747 on: January 06, 2018, 04:27:02 pm »
Just FYI, the 'Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'' sticky is still intact. The way I see it, Ond took down the threads to his own projects, but left what he gave to the community intact. Make of that what you will.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1748 on: January 06, 2018, 04:56:41 pm »
Just FYI, the 'Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'' sticky is still intact. The way I see it, Ond took down the threads to his own projects, but left what he gave to the community intact. Make of that what you will.

Yeah, his posts in the ZapCon threads are there, too. Hmmmm, thanks for sharing, Yam.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #1749 on: January 06, 2018, 05:04:48 pm »
%Bartop