Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: None Too Happy With Dream Arcades  (Read 9650 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
None Too Happy With Dream Arcades
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:41:06 am »
http://cgi.ebay.com/brand-new-dream-arcades-multi-game-system_W0QQitemZ270334342452QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270334342452&_trksid=p4011.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Sounds like he's pissed.   Perhaps we should send the guy a message telling him about BYOAC...we could PROBABLY help him with whatever issues he's having.

EDIT: I just sent him a note about BYOAC...asked him to drop by and ask questions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:44:30 am by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
Re: None Too Happy With Dream Arcades
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:54:38 am »
Not exactly trying to sell it with that tirade (or the price....jeeze!). :)

If you hadn't sent him a message, I would have. (I think I will anyway. A few messages from BYOACers oughta convince him...)

EDIT: Message sent.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:59:51 am by Ginsu Victim »

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:17:08 am »
I think the idea was more to vent than to sell it.  Dude seems VERY frustrated.  Anyone here bought from DA?  Experiences?

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:38:19 am »
I am curious to hear DA's side of the story.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:49 am »
All items are shipped FOB Dream Arcade’s facilities (Folsom CA). The customer MUST open and inspect the arcade before signing for the delivery. In the event that any arcade or kit arrives damaged the customer must note the damage on the air bill, next to the customer's signature. Additionally, in the event of a damaged shipment the customer must open a claim with the shipper within 1 business day and cooperate with the claim process in a timely manner. Unless otherwise stated all items come with a 30 day warranty. All issues with items that have a manufacture’s warranty must be handled by the manufacturer. Dream Arcades will not warrantee these items or work with the manufacturer on the customer’s behalf.

Right from their website... Did he have issues within the first 30 days?

EDIT: He does say "since day one" but then goes on to insinuate he's been dealing with issues for months?   Not sure.

dreamakuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2010, 02:14:54 am
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 12:09:53 pm »
All items are shipped FOB Dream Arcade’s facilities (Folsom CA). The customer MUST open and inspect the arcade before signing for the delivery. In the event that any arcade or kit arrives damaged the customer must note the damage on the air bill, next to the customer's signature. Additionally, in the event of a damaged shipment the customer must open a claim with the shipper within 1 business day and cooperate with the claim process in a timely manner. Unless otherwise stated all items come with a 30 day warranty. All issues with items that have a manufacture’s warranty must be handled by the manufacturer. Dream Arcades will not warrantee these items or work with the manufacturer on the customer’s behalf.

Right from their website... Did he have issues within the first 30 days?

EDIT: He does say "since day one" but then goes on to insinuate he's been dealing with issues for months?   Not sure.

It's stuff like that that gets me worried about buying products. I went with X-arcade for my dreamcast cab because they have that safety-net of a warranty. I did have a problem and it was fixed in a week on xgaming's behalf,with not one problem. Since you pay so much  for a dream arcade, you'd think they would offer better service. I'm going with lizardlick because chad sounds like a decent guy, talking with him has been great. But I have confidence in buying if the company has your back if things go south on the product.
Newbie in working on cabs, expert in playing, breaking, moving slowly, and overall failing at them too.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:02 pm »
Before we freak out about Dream Arcades and their service, let's hear his side of the story (he is a member here) ... the eBay dude is obviously frustrated, but my feeling is that he may also be a bit over the top. He gives no indication what doesn't work or why. That, in my book, is a huge red flag.

Based on what I have seen here, I don't think that DA would just walk away, so there is likely more to the story than just the rant that we have seen.

GadgetGeek

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2014, 09:59:01 am
  • whatever
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:27 pm »
A couple years back I won a dream arcades cocktail in the Retroblast christmas drawings.  During shipment, the parts bag broke open and a few connectors were lost.  The folks at Dream Arcades couldn't have been any nicer about sending out the replacement parts.  I'd give Dream Arcades nothing but rave reviews.  Yes, they are expensive, but, IMO, they produce a first class product.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 02:11:42 pm »
Before we freak out about Dream Arcades and their service...

No one here has. Just offered the guy help.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
Before we freak out about Dream Arcades and their service...

No one here has. Just offered the guy help.

Since you pay so much  for a dream arcade, you'd think they would offer better service.

:afro:

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:29:27 pm »
See, I took that as, "Since you pay so much for a dream arcade, you'd think they would offer better service....than what this guy makes it sound like," but you're probably right.

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »
Even with all the options that cabaret from DA is around $2,500, and it says right there on the website that shipping is only $269 anywhere in the US.  That guy is insane.

dreamakuma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:27 pm »
I wasn't freaking out. Just sayin'. where I'm from $1500 for a cab(even a fully loaded mame) Is a bit pricey. If a guy pays so much($2500) and the site says what was qouted, I wouldn't bite. I personally belive If you pay so much, You should have a company that backs you up. Not tell you to go to the manufacturer if there's a problem. After all that's 2 house payments where I live. You should get great service for that price. I think the guy is just venting on ebay.
Newbie in working on cabs, expert in playing, breaking, moving slowly, and overall failing at them too.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:46:42 pm »
No, you were just happy to smack on DA's support policy without understanding either what it means or what problem the eBay dude had.

I would assume that some of the more apparently draconian measures in the quote support policy is because people do stupid things when moving cabinets. *I* still make stupid mistakes moving cabinets -- doesn't mean that the seller should pay for it. As for the manufacturer issue, I would guess that at least some of the stuff that DA installs confers rights upon the ultimate purchaser, not upon DA, so that DA may have no recourse in the event of failure, regardless of whether or not they want to help (see the previous statements about stupid things and cabinet moving).

Consider, for example, the software that is included -- who is responsible for supporting it ? I certainly don't call Best Buy when I want support for a game I bought there. Nor do I expect them to intervene on my behalf. I go to the manufacturer.

As I said, let's wait to hear DA's side before judging anything -- after all, it sounds like DA was working with this guy for MONTHS, which extends well past the 30 days stated in the official legalese.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »
Realistically,  it could all come down to the customer being one of those "difficult" customers who DA couldn't make happy no matter what they did.  I am not saying that is the case,  but it could be the case.

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 05:00:23 pm »
Well, he does seem to have a temper.

dreamakuma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 07:46:01 pm »
No, you were just happy to smack on DA's support policy without understanding either what it means or what problem the eBay dude had.

I would assume that some of the more apparently draconian measures in the quote support policy is because people do stupid things when moving cabinets. *I* still make stupid mistakes moving cabinets -- doesn't mean that the seller should pay for it. As for the manufacturer issue, I would guess that at least some of the stuff that DA installs confers rights upon the ultimate purchaser, not upon DA, so that DA may have no recourse in the event of failure, regardless of whether or not they want to help (see the previous statements about stupid things and cabinet moving).

Consider, for example, the software that is included -- who is responsible for supporting it ? I certainly don't call Best Buy when I want support for a game I bought there. Nor do I expect them to intervene on my behalf. I go to the manufacturer.

As I said, let's wait to hear DA's side before judging anything -- after all, it sounds like DA was working with this guy for MONTHS, which extends well past the 30 days stated in the official legalese.

I only meant That When Buying something like this, Then getting screwed is a worry. Which is why I look for a warranty. DA may have some great stuff, this guy may not know how to turn it on, Could be anything. But I always worry about a horror story coming home and no way to rectify the situation. I have no right or place to say if DA is good or bad. But looking at the context of the qoute from the site, and what the guy said, I can only say"I prefer Warranties".  Even just a 30-day on some sticks or a 90-day on a unit would be reasonable to me. I don't shop at DA, but that more because I don't have that kind of cash. All I said in my original post was I don't like the idea of being screwed like that(under the pretense of he got it DOA and No support, and how that qoute in lamence terms adds to"not our problem"). If DA is liable isn't for me to know. But if they are, and not responding to emails, I'd be mad too at $2500. That would be my worst nightmare... :dunno

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »
EDIT: Meh ....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:41:42 pm by CheffoJeffo »

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »
Well, he does seem to have a temper.
It sounds like he's extremely frustrated.  I'm sure there's a reason for it and I, like many others, are curious to see what occurred.  Two sides to every story though. 

Pissed as hell is another way to say it too...  :)

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »
The way I look at it is people who aren't in-the-know are Dream Arcades' main customers. This guy probably knows jack about arcade cabs, because he gives no details about the machine whatsoever.

mrserv0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2021, 09:20:06 pm
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »
I know the owner of DA pretty well and have done affiliated buisness in the past with him, Hes not a cheat hense he has a profitable successful company.

I own a similar site and BELIEVE ME people are retarded. Its the nature of owning your own buisness. I recently shipped a home arcade computer to a customer who sent it back to me and issued a charge back because he couldnt remove the side of the computer case. No guys im not kidding.

"IT WONT SLIDE OFF"

did you unscrew  the  2 screws on the side of the tower sir?

"what screws theres 15 screws back here"

THE TWO holding the side of the case on.

"UGhh I dont know this is ridiculous"

....10 minutes later

"ok i got the side off you have to slide the computer side off it doesnt just PULL off"

ok now (as I sigh inside") Just make sure there are 2 cables running from the one cd rom to the motherboard.

"The inside of this computer has wires all over this is ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- im sending it back, CLICK"

ANd it was returned.

This is a true story, so believe me my client took 35 minutes on the phone to OPEN THE SIDE OF A COMPUTER CASE!!!!!!!! Then Returned the system because
he felt there where too many WIRES INSIDE!!!!!!

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 12:26:45 am »
Why did you ship him a computer that needed to be taken apart?
"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 12:31:42 am »

I was just going to ask the similar....

Can you elaberate on WHY it was that the customer needed to take the cover off?
Obviously they were clueless about computers and therefore were most likely intending to purchase something that was ready to go.

And I will also note that you at least attempted to help them with whatever that problem was, which is a good thing. (good business practice)

Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 12:46:45 am »

I'm certain that wasn't the intent...  :P

I've been in the PC business for about 20 years now, and not matter how well you pack it up, how you ship it, etc. sometimes things get jolted loose in transit.  It sounds like when the user got it one of the drives wasn't being recognized, and that's one of the first steps is to check the cables...  Yeah, he could have just had him ship it back and check it, but it would have taken days and could have just had something similar happen a second time around.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 03:53:52 am »
I would have told him to ship it back when he first said something about not being able to pull the cover off.
My first thought would have been not to let a guy of that caliber inside to do more damage that I would have to account for, but thats just me.

Now, someone asked about DA's service.
I have bought 4 CP kits (16 buttons and 2 joysticks each) from them.
They gave me great service. Out of 64 total pushbuttons and 8 total regular 8way joysticks, Ive had 2 pushbuttons fail over a 4 year period. (I didnt send them back for replacement.)
I dont think thats bad.
The CP kits were cheaper than anywhere else, so I kinda figured they would be low quality, but  I was satisfied with them so I went back 3 times. They answered the questions I had as a newbie, parts came in quickly and all the parts were there.
But like I said, I didnt try to return anything.
I try not to gang up on a business based on the report of one customer. Now if a string of customers start agreeing with the one, then maybe it's time to take a look.
But you cant please everybody.

Just my 2 cents.

BASS!

• Just have fun.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 03:12:33 am
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 05:09:22 am »
Hmm I don't really give a ... weather da is good or not, but am I the only one that thinks it wouldn't be all to tacky to roll over to cumming,ga, give him $100 and take out his garbage?

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 07:06:11 am »
He really likes his garbage. $5000 BIN.

DreamArcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2022, 05:36:40 pm
    • Dream Arcades, LLC
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:32 am »
This arcade is several years old. I do not know how old exactly, because he refuses to tell us when it was purchased or even if he is the original owner.

However, this is an old Dreamcade 1.0 (look at our website the differences with the current units are obvious). We haven't made these for a couple of years.

We offer at cost replacement parts, but apparently this was not good enough (I say apparently because we did respond to e-mails from his tech, so I do not know why he even posted this).

He's also a competitor selling Arcade Legends and Multicade Jamma boards. (http://www.thebilliardconnection.net/)

Thanks to everyone who said, let's give DA the benefit of the doubt.

While we are not perfect, we do take customer service very seriously.

I will not be able to say anymore regarding this matter for legal reasons.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:10 am »
This arcade is several years old. I do not know how old exactly, because he refuses to tell us when it was purchased or even if he is the original owner.

However, this is an old Dreamcade 1.0 (look at our website the differences with the current units are obvious). We haven't made these for a couple of years.

We offer at cost replacement parts, but apparently this was not good enough (I say apparently because we did respond to e-mails from his tech, so I do not know why he even posted this).

He's also a competitor selling Arcade Legends and Multicade Jamma boards. (http://www.thebilliardconnection.net/)

Thanks to everyone who said, let's give DA the benefit of the doubt.

While we are not perfect, we do take customer service very seriously.

I will not be able to say anymore regarding this matter for legal reasons.

:applaud:

Good job Cheffo. Thanks for reminding us there are at least 2 sides to every story.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 10:22:27 am »
Meh -- I was just grumpy because some new kid was standing on my lawn lending credence to some mental, over-the-top eBay rant instead of giving the benefit of the doubt to a long-standing member who has done good things for the community, including giveaways like the one mentioned in this thread.

Don't mistake my grumpiness for objectivity ...

;)

dreamakuma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 11:14:26 am »
Meh -- I was just grumpy because some new kid was standing on my lawn lending credence to some mental, over-the-top eBay rant instead of giving the benefit of the doubt to a long-standing member who has done good things for the community, including giveaways like the one mentioned in this thread.

;)

Sorry for that. I'm glad It isn't DA's fault. I should have worded it better. I really should have said "I would hate to buy something that expensive, and lose out." I have that worry, and I really worry about it. I had tried entering this hobby right when Slikstick was going under, and all those reports of people buying things and never getting them, that pushed me away for a while.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28:58 pm »

Now that is BUSH LEAGUE ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- right there.  If I were you,  I'd report the ---tallywhacker--- for selling illegal multigame units for pulling that kind of crap.  A competitor?  Yikes!

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 01:26:50 pm »

;)

Sorry for that. I'm glad It isn't DA's fault. I should have worded it better. I really should have said "I would hate to buy something that expensive, and lose out." I have that worry, and I really worry about it. I had tried entering this hobby right when Slikstick was going under, and all those reports of people buying things and never getting them, that pushed me away for a while.

Yea I gotta say Cheffo I think you were a little off base on the implications of his original statement.  When I first read it I thought he was speaking in general terms and was in no way "attacking" Dream Arcades.  I personally dont think your lash out at dreamakuma was justified.

Although.....I am a relative newbie around here so maybe my opinion doesnt hold any water...or matter much at all.  Thats OK, I'm willing to wait 15 years for credibility.

mrserv0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 02:11:47 pm »

As stated from a previous post, unfortunatly shipping isnt kind to PCs sometimes, I sent this PC wrapped in a force field 2 day mail for $50 , The cd drive wouldnt show up in windows so I just wanted to make sure the sata cable didnt come unplugged from the board in shipping. He shouldnt have to do it your right, but to send it back up to me for another $50 and then me send it back to him for another $50 thats $150 in crossed shipping all for something that could have took under 5 minutes with a little common sense and pictures I sent to him showing EXACTLY what to plug where in color coded photoshop art.

mrserv0n

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 02:16:46 pm »

As stated from a previous post, unfortunately shipping isn't kind to PCs sometimes, I sent this PC wrapped in a force field 2 day mail for $50 , The cd drive wouldn't show up in windows so I just wanted to make sure the sata cable didnt come unplugged from the board in shipping. He shouldn't have to do it your right, but to send it back up to me for another $50 and then me send it back to him for another $50 that's $150 in crossed shipping all for something that could have took under 5 minutes with a little common sense and pictures I sent to him showing EXACTLY what to plug where in color coded photoshop art.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 02:23:17 pm »
Yea I gotta say Cheffo I think you were a little off base on the implications of his original statement.  When I first read it I thought he was speaking in general terms and was in no way "attacking" Dream Arcades.  I personally dont think your lash out at dreamakuma was justified.

Well thats where your wrong Flake. dreamakuma was fanning the fire and Cheffo very wisely saw what could happen. It could've ended up creating an unjust backlash against Dream Arcades (this has happened in the past). Cheffo knew that Dream Arcades was a regular on the board and suggested opinions be held until both sides of the story could be heard. dreamakuma himself said he should have used different terminology.

Perhaps you didn't read it as an attack, but I did and so did Cheffo. Odds are more people would too, and before you know it there would be a flame Dream Arcades thread. Instead it was snuffed out before it started.

EDIT: spelling
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:32:21 pm by leapinlew »

dreamakuma

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 03:19:09 pm »

Well thats where your wrong Flake. dreamakuma was fanning the fire and Cheffo very wisely saw what could happen. It could've ended up creating an unjust backlash against Dream Arcades (this has happened in the past). Cheffo knew that Dream Arcades was a regular on the board and suggested opinions be held until both sides of the story could be heard. dreamakuma himself said he should have used different terminology.

Perhaps you didn't read it as an attack, but I did and so did Cheffo. Odds are more people would too, and before you know it there would be a flame Dream Arcades thread. Instead it was snuffed out before it started.

EDIT: spelling

*for entertainment purposes only*
NOT_AN_ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before everybody blames me for being able to relate! I DID NOT SAY D.A SUCKS!!!! OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I KNOW NOTHING OF DA, AND WAS ONLY TRYING TO SAY THAT BECAUSE OF A WORRY THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO MYSELF, I SHOPPED A X-GAMING.*BIG HEEVE* CAN WE PLEASE DROP THE FACT THAT I ABOSOLUTELY SUCK AT CONVEYING A MESSAGE INTO TEXT FORM!!!!!!! i DON'T HAVE ANY WAY OF MAKING A BACKLASH, i HAVE NO CREDABILITY!! ENOUGH ALRIGHT ! i SUCK OKAY!! FURTHERMORE THAT GUY SUCKS FOR POSTING THAT AND IT BEING FALSE. PLEASE I WON'T EVEN VOICE MY OPINION BECAUSE NOW IT FEELS AS THOUGH I'M BEING FLAMED HERE!*NOTHER BIG HEEVE* YOU KNOW, I'M GOING OFF TO PLAY TETRIS, MAYBE I CAN BECOME MORE COHERENT THOUGH TETRIS111!
*okay all done*
Now can we please, pretty please, stop dwelling on how I could relate if it were real? I feel bad enough I'm being told I was attacking and that wasn't my intent. I have dealt with shady companies enough to even partially belive something like that could happen.   

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 05:02:22 pm »

Although.....I am a relative newbie around here so maybe my opinion doesnt hold any water...or matter much at all.  Thats OK, I'm willing to wait 15 years for credibility.

We can't have people coming in and expressing their opinions around here and getting away with it.  :angel:

Seriously -- no worries -- everybody is allowed to have, and voice, their own opinions. If your opinions impeach the reputation of others (intentionally or not), particularly those who have done good things in this hobby, you have to accept that people will voice contrary opinions, as I did. People did take the same meaning as I did and  dreamakuma clarified his position.

It's all good -- there was no piling on, the truth was revealed and if I ruffled some feathers, then so be it (they won't be the last). I don't particularly care who posted what and certainly hold no grudge on the matter.

Sheez ... I wonder what will happen when I actually do decide to lash out !  :duckhunt

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 07:14:13 pm »
5k for this junk?? wowzer..... :banghead:

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »
The guy from eBay finally sent me a reply:

Dear ginsuvictim,

im not trying to get rid of it--merely get the mfgr's attention to his problem--ive been told by several of you helpful ebayers about this--i may have to go there but not before the scrupulous mfgr gets a black eye--thanks a lot---bill

- bill-timscbx

This guy's an idiot.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »
The guy from eBay finally sent me a reply:

Dear ginsuvictim,

im not trying to get rid of it--merely get the mfgr's attention to his problem--ive been told by several of you helpful ebayers about this--i may have to go there but not before the scrupulous mfgr gets a black eye--thanks a lot---bill

- bill-timscbx

This guy's an idiot.

Just proof that you can't make some people happy none of the time.