Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Space Invaders restoration  (Read 2278 times)

RUP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2013, 09:21:12 am
Space Invaders restoration
« on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:23 am »
Hey Guys, I'm looking for some help with my Midways Space Invaders restore.  There's a list of things to do but the first thing is getting my monitor working properly.  I was having problems with the screen being torn (see pic) and I e-mailed John at flippers.com and he pointed me in the direction of the horizontal hold control and that seemed to fix that problem.  (John is great and very helpful)!   The latest problem I have is that the screen fades in and out after a few minutes of play.  If I tap on the cabinet by the audio speaker sometimes the picture becomes brighter and other times the picture goes out completely...However the game will play blind.  After turning the game off for a few minutes I can turn it back on again and it will appear fine for a while.  Did anyone have this problem and any and all help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
  Here's my "to do" list on the cabinet
 Remove bezel and replace all bulbs (COMPLETE)
 Clean Screen / Two way mirror / Moon, Cardboard background & Blacklight (COMPLETE)
 Fix Monitor problems
 Fix "explosion" sound when player base is destroyed
 Fix coin mech / coin up problems
 Restore cabinet

spystyle

• Thanks alot, now I have to build a time machine and warn myself yesterday!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2021, 02:30:18 pm
Re: Space Invaders restoration
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »
Did you have any luck ?

I have a Space Invaders cocktail I'll be trying to fix up soon :)