Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Let's Go Jungle Arcade Game  (Read 7596 times)

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Let's Go Jungle Arcade Game
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:20 am »
http://www.segaarcade.com/video/letsgojungle.aspx

There is one of these that sits in one of the main aisles of the mall, nowhere near the arcade. The other night, me and the wife decided to play it for the hell of it. It is $1 per play, like any other newer arcade games.

I have to say that this game was very fun. Our game lasted about 10 minutes, so we got our money's worth. The sound and video is top notch. The screen is a 50-60" rear projection HDTV, and the whole cabinet is equipped with 5.1 surround sound. Another neat feature is that there are two fans mounted above the bench seat. The cool breeze made the game much more comfortabe.

The game has an interesting scoring system that rewards you for working together in a 2 player game. You get a compatibility score, which you can attribute to you and your significant other if playing with them. If you are playing with a dude...well then the compatibility rating is only for the onscreen couple, unless you are into that sorta thing. ;D

Many arcade shooters are irritating in that you are subject to "cheap hits" no matter how good you are. This game gave more than an ample chance to clear baddies without taking damage. The boss battles were set up with "targets" that you shoot to keep from getting damage.

There is also an action sequence that is similar to the same thing in Resident Evil 4. At certain points in the game, you both have to hit your action buttons in specific manner to keep from taking damage.

Overall, both me and the wife thought this game was very fun for a quick fix of original arcade gaming goodness.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
Re: Let's Go Jungle Arcade Game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:15 pm »
Old thread I know, but I happened to stumble on it. I agree. A true rail shooter in the best possible way. The amount of moving things on the screen is amazing, even at today's high console and PC game standards. It indeed feels like a "fair" game. It gave me the urge of wanting to play it again and again, exactly like an arcade game should.....

Even my cousins who are almost half my age really liked it :)

The machine I played is at Funhouse, Renesse:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Let's Go Jungle Arcade Game
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:38:33 pm »
I love this game. The local movie theater has it and despite the best efforts of the kids to keep breaking it , they keep fixing it. Its incredibly balanced and fun, Im an avid gamer, love rail shooters like Panzer Dragoon but my GF is pretty new to game and this game doesn't feel like it penalizes me for her lack of skill.

I have yet to actually finish the game, we usually only play $5 worth , which is usually enough to get to the 3rd stage. One path is definitely easier then the other, but Im not sure if it balances that out after the later stages. One day we'll bring $20 in and finish the game :)

My only gripe is, the little kid is kind of annoying, and I dont like the parts where you dont get to use the regular gun
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.