Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What's required to build a good playfield repro  (Read 1961 times)

Boz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2021, 09:24:11 am
    • Battle Chasers Upright Cabinet
What's required to build a good playfield repro
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:43:19 pm »
There's a number of companies out there that do playfield repro's. The one that I've seen does all their work on a CNC machine. I'm just curious... how difficult would it be to created a *perfect* playfield repro that you could sell over and over. Just curious.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
Re: What's required to build a good playfield repro
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:15 am »
pfffff... Good luck on that one. Unless you are really committed, I can't see it being easy at all. Not only do you have to recreate the pf in every way shape and form, you also have the artwork to deal with. A good pf can make or break a game and with people this passionate about their hobby, if it’s not right there goes your business. I would think you would almost have to buy old drafting plans in order to do something like this from companies that once existed, a challenge in its own!  :dizzy:
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Boz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2021, 09:24:11 am
    • Battle Chasers Upright Cabinet
Re: What's required to build a good playfield repro
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:40:43 am »
The hard part is the inserts.

Finding them or making them? I don't know what they are made of, but do you think it'd be possible to have something similar mocked up and produced en masse in China or somewhere?