Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Please help suggest a monitor  (Read 2189 times)

tony

• Trade Count: (0)
Please help suggest a monitor
« on: March 01, 2002, 01:10:35 pm »
hi all,

i found a source for my power supply issue (not that i will need it as a MAME cab...) and now i am on the verge to pop for a monitor.  i've measured the one in my machine and it is 19", pretty standard but i was really looking for something bigger.

i am in contact with someone who has sold Eygo monitors on eBay, very friendly guy, who has these Eygo's that are direct to a pc vga port and with a standard 3-prong cord.  seems to be the easiest route to go but again, i would really like something bigger.

anyone have any suggestions?  i have the jpac on order so i could go either way, pc monitor, arcade monitor or even a tv.  the size and look of the screen (i.e. that "arcade" feel) are more important than the price.

thanks all in advance for your suggestions!

tony
a.k.a.  new mame kid...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: Please help suggest a monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 02:17:17 pm »
I have a 27" Eygo monitor.  It's pretty nice for the price.  But if I could do it over again, I would go SVid for quite a few reasons.

1) the monitor has very very square pixels.  Makes a difference.  Makes it look like it could have had higher resolutions, but doesn't.  If you've seen the pictures of spyhunter on svideo and SVGA, it looks closer to the SVGA output then the svideo in color depth also.

2) You can get consoles to work directly.  Not a huge deal, but I would love to get a ps2 or xbox on mine with just a switch to turn.

3) EYGO's have had bad bad shipping problems.  They have been great about sending replacements, but many people needed to get 2 or 3 shipped to them.

4) warranty on the svid will be a year if you keep it in the box
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »