Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CP finally built  (Read 1889 times)

cdbrown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
  • Bowowow
CP finally built
« on: June 23, 2003, 12:00:42 am »
Massive thanks goes to Oscar for all his help with the design and autcad drawings for my cab.  You help has be invaluable.  All the pieces have been cut and some have been cleaned up ready for construction.  The control panel has been built and all the controls installed and works like a charm.  Still need to put some artwork and plexi/lexan covering as well as paint the sides and bottom.  The wiring also needs to be completed to include the start and credit buttons and be cleaned up.

The panel (actually the whole cab) is made from 16mm MDF and is approx 4' x 1.5' for the top panel.  This is the perfect size (in my opinion) for the 4 player action it will be hammered with.  It is very strong and is held together with wood glue and nails.  There isn't any need for any bracing in the corners which helped the construction.  Here's some small pics of the panel.  More pics are on my site.

Cheers
-cdbrown

cdbrown

• Offline Offline
  • Bowowow
Re:CP finally built
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 12:01:12 am »
And of the inside

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 01:59:58 am »
GAWD ! :D
You have been planing for over a year I recall..looks nice ! :)

cdbrown

• Offline Offline
  • Bowowow
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 02:47:58 am »
Yep - a lot of planning and reading of the boards.  Now I just need to find the time to build the cab.  Unfortunately won't be a few weeks before I can find the time due to work commitments but at least I can play a few games at night time on the new controller.  Don't be surprised Snaaake if I come around asking for some help on an overlay.  You make up some pretty good graphics.  I'm thinking the cab may be called Arcade of Darkness (after Evil Dead 3) so may be looking along those lines.  But still haven't decided on anything final yet.

Worst part is I've got another 2 panels to design and construct but those won't happen till the cab itself is built and finished.

Cheers
-cdbrown