Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: big ass pile of PCI Sound cards  (Read 7919 times)

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
big ass pile of PCI Sound cards
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:42:38 pm »
I have a stash of 15 or so different PCI sound cards (most are brand new) using just about every supposedly DOS compatible PCI chipset you can possibly think of.  There's even multiples of some of them.

I originally planned on doing a bunch of testing and benchmarking with them, including CPU utilization in windows and apps like MAME, and planned on publishing my findings on the web, but somewhere along the way, I lost my motivation.

I don't think they're worth the trouble of trying to auction on eBay since most computers have onboard sound and people are abandoning PCI.  So I want to donate them to someone who might find them useful for testing purposes and I figured the DOSCab community might be the right place to inquire.

The lot includes:

Advance Logic
Crystal (several different chips)
ESS (several different chips)
Mach One
SB 16 PCI
SB Live PCI
Trident
Yamaha XG
Vortex2
...and possibly others...

Any interest?  Or do you know anyone who may have a legitimate use for them other than immediate resale?
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
Re: big ass pile of PCI Sound cards
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:54:13 am »
I would have an interest in these if there still available but holy moly the dos forum is collecting dust if this is at least 120 day's old and toward the top of page one still :angel: