Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch force software running on touchscreen pc ?  (Read 62198 times)

Skeeboe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2021, 12:48:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Megatouch force software running on touchscreen pc ?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 01:28:28 pm »
Hi, I understand that this won't post until moderated, and I don't suppose it needs to be approved. I'm mainly wondering how to DM people. I get that I don't have access, but I'd like to play ball.

I have four MegaTouch XL (On is a Titanium) bartop games with CRT touchscreens, original hardware, copy-protection keys, etc. However, I can't get the software to work. I won't go into details here, but I'd like to talk to some of the experts I've seen in the forum. If I can't, and should start a new thread, let me know. Thanks for any direction you can provide! -Derek

I just recently bought a "Titanium Upgrade" hard drive off ebay for my Megatouch XL5000.   The seller claimed it will run with any XL key, so I figured what the heck.  I had a problem with sector errors when trying it in my machine, which was solved by swapping my motherboard with a spare I had.  The spare motherboard I had used an original XL key, from the first software release.

Working with the seller (really nice guy) to figure out why it wasn't working, he told me to test the drive by putting it in a PC.  He said that if it boots to the Titanium logo, the drive should be fine and the problem is on my motherboard.  Wasn't I suprised when I let the thing continue to boot, and it booted all the way up!  It shows the game selection menu, and played through the demo mode just fine.  My Megatouch monitors are broke right now, but I've ordered a 15" touchscreen off ebay to plug into the PC and see if it works.  I haven't tested the sound either, as the demo mode is silent.  I also don't know if the touchscreen calibration will work right. 

I noticed that when the game boots it shows that it's MAXX software, not XL.  I'm guessing he figured out how to bypass the MAXX security, and that MAXX software will run on any PC.  The XL is pretty much a 486 PC with a special I/O board that holds the key and probably interfaces the coin input and setup buttons like an IPac, so that would make sense.

A little messing around and I now have Titanium running on my Megatouch off a compactflash card. >:D

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Megatouch force software running on touchscreen pc ?
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 07:32:51 pm »
it's best to just make a thread. if all we did is stuff through DM's... people would come here and there'd be no answers..and we'd be answering the same questions over and over via DM.