Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jvl Echo HD3 image  (Read 6834 times)

Zedmag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 03:18:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Jvl Echo HD3 image
« on: November 29, 2020, 11:27:14 am »
Hey guys. New here. Just picked up a sweet HD3 for $500. Crazy right!? So it boots to an error of
“Error: alsa something ALSA modules”
I’ve tried everything to boot up. Randomly and very inconsistently while holding the op button during boot I’ve gotten it to boot. Runs perfectly navigated the op menu. Made some changes. Added users. Played a few games. And so on. Did a quick flash test and it failed. Thorough Flash test passed a few times. But still unit will not boot consistently. I assume I need to reinstall or reimage but I can find the software ANYWHERE. and I’m hoping this forum is still active enough to help a newbie out. Thanks in advance!!

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:59:52 pm
Re: Jvl Echo HD3 image
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 03:17:59 pm »
Sounds like your SD card is failing. You might want to get a new SD card preferably 8gb. I have a HD3 image but its slightly larger in size then the standard 4gb SD card so it wont fit the standard 4gb sd card.

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:50:58 pm »
That’s where I was leaning was the SD was failing. I really just need a link to a working image or software iso. I know ‘alsa’ refers to the sound module but when it did boot the couple times in many, the sound was fully functional with no issues. I’d be ever grateful for a link? 😬 on a side note, I assume there is no longer backend support for the ‘accounts’ or media streaming?

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 01:04:42 am »
Bump? Anybody have a good working image of the HD3 or an iso of the HD3 software? I was able to clone the SD and boot from the clone but get the same alsa error randomly and more times than not. Was able to do the factory reset. But I’d really like a fresh reinstall or image. To ensure I’m not cloning the issue too. I found this further down the threads but I can’t seem to burn this in anyway. https://drive.google.com/file/d/166tz9cV06NGvX5npQEgJH0VKsrb-oy2y/view?usp=sharing

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 03:47:59 pm »
don't burn this image. just mount the img file as a drive on your computer. (daemon tools or win10 can do this) as most of the time the wininstaller doesn't detect the CD properly anyways.

you may have to run in compatibility mode depending on your system, but in any case... open the "new" disk drive in file manager and run the installer. (or autorun.inf or whatever you feel) you will need a USB drive to create the media with... i recommend at least 4gb. it says 1gb is required but it almost always fails as most 1gb USB drives are not quite 1gb proper.

this will run a stupid program that uses the image inside the image to create a USB drive with a boot and image that you boot the JVL with to install the image with.

:banghead:

yes, it's stupid and convoluted and I hate it and i wish everyone at jvl who said this was a good idea died in a fire.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 06:29:29 pm »
Thats an image from my google account. You need to use USB Image Tool https://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/to clone it to a SD Card. Must be an Original 4gb SD Card, or another 4+gb SD card. I can tell you from experience, 4gb PNY SD cards are slightly undersized and this image will not fit. That is why i suggested getting a 8gb.
You will obviously need a SD card reader to clone this .img (raw image).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 07:56:19 pm by mahkeymike »

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 12:01:19 am »
Shawn I’m running win10 and it claims the image is Corrupt. Using power iso it shows that it’s got 3 Linux Partitions and a small fat32.

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 12:02:12 am »
And mike- I’ll give that shot when I get home in two weeks. Thanks for the heads up

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 03:30:28 am »
Shawn I’m running win10 and it claims the image is Corrupt. Using power iso it shows that it’s got 3 Linux Partitions and a small fat32.
Its because HD3 is running on Linux. Its a linux image.
And mike- I’ll give that shot when I get home in two weeks. Thanks for the heads up

Thats your only shot. I told you what you need to do, if you can't figure it out, then you might wan to buy a pre imaged SD card. I am removing that image from my google account as it cost me. You're welcome.

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 02:04:58 pm »
Yea thanks for the confirmation. Prior posts sorta lead it on to be a cd img. So before I left town that’s the route I went down. But when I get back I’ll attempt to img it to an SD card. Thanks again.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
Yea thanks for the confirmation. Prior posts sorta lead it on to be a cd img. So before I left town that’s the route I went down. But when I get back I’ll attempt to img it to an SD card. Thanks again.

If it was a cd/dvd image it would be .ISO not .IMG

josh_p00k1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:11:31 am
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 09:16:18 am »
Hate to bring up this topic again. But I coincidentally have a JVL Echo with the exact same issue. And it looks like I just missed Mike's gdrive upload before it got trashed... Does anyone have an upload of HD3?