Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Solution for Analog Arcade Controller for XBOX Cabinet!  (Read 1056 times)

zelony

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2019, 04:00:12 pm
    • Green Chavez Law Firm
Solution for Analog Arcade Controller for XBOX Cabinet!
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:58:16 pm »
Hi all,

First, pictures are worth a thousand words.

This:

Plus This:

AND THIS:

EQUALS Analog and joystick arcade controls on your XBOX based arcade!

The Max Shooter keyboard and mouse adapter for the XBOX allows you to use a standard ps2 mouse and keyboard to play your favorite games on an XBOX.  Combine that with a Keywiz or Ipac (Both which show up as ps2 keyboards) and a ps2 trackball (a mouse input) and you can move with your joystick and aim with the trackball!

The standard keymapping for the Max Shooter is below, however, they Max Shooter is reprogrammable, just like the KeyWiz or Ipac, which should allow you to come up with any combination of controls you want.

I got the idea while playing my Futurama XBOX game.  I was depressed that I would not be able to play Futurama on my Futurama themed arcade when I got this brainstorm.. ;-).

Hopefully, someone out there will be able to use this idea, I know I will.  Heck, with a ps2 switch I may even be able to have the mouse and Ipac hooked up to both the computer and the Xbox...

Good luck.

Jeff

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
Re: Solution for Analog Arcade Controller for XBOX Cabinet!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:11:50 pm »
Awww, and here i thought you had a solution for dual analog-joysticks. I guess this rig would be ok for FPS', but it's way harder to aim with a trackball than with a mouse, don't you think?

zelony

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2019, 04:00:12 pm
    • Green Chavez Law Firm
Re: Solution for Analog Arcade Controller for XBOX Cabinet!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 12:06:14 am »
Of course it is harder, but at least it is possible.  The only other option dual digital sticks; and aiming with a digital stick is not feasible.  Ideally, some company would release a full size analog stick for the Xbox, but short of that, this is the best I could come up with.  And it is inexpensive. 

My goal was to use what might actually be on an Arcade control panel.  If you wanted a little more fine control you could always mount a small Logitech Trackball mouse instead of an arcade trackball.  That would allow you to aim with one finger while leaving the others to press buttons.

I am just throwing out ideas.  Maybe someone will benefit from it or modify the idea for their use.  You never know.