Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nanotech OptiGun??  (Read 17457 times)

TPB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
Re: Nanotech OptiGun??
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 09:26:49 am »

I'm going to choose to believe ... there is a good reason why DavidRFoley has been quiet

That's for sure.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2009, 09:34:31 am »
Well, it was a good reason for him to be quiet ... it just isn't going to help the gun development at all ! What an idiot!  :badmood:

Does anybody know what games these interfaces were used in ? It might be interesting to pick one up at auction and traipse around the innards a bit.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

DynamiteSJ

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2011, 12:17:23 pm
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2009, 02:12:17 am »
is there any new info on the Optigun unit? Is it actually avaible? anyone tried it?

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 05:01:00 am »
I'm guessing that's a "no".  -sigh-  Looking at the site, there are actually quite a few things there I am interested in, especially the pinball kits, but given the shroud of mystery that seems to surround this company as far as availability goes, I'm not really willing to be the first to just Paypal my order on faith, and hope it shows up some time this year.

I thought we had a nice dialog going with David, then he promptly drops off the face of the earth...or at least this forum.  The constant litigation is not a confidence booster either.  It's a truly frustrating situation as it's the one thing that has always been missing from my machine.  SO close and yet so far.

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

Siris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2023, 09:13:08 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 12:05:28 am »
Well I'm sorry for the guy because he was expecting to be dealing with a legit company.

Even from David's response it is clear there IS *NO* Optigun!

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=5720&pid=40245&st=0&#entry40245

If anyone is a member there you might want to point that guy to this thread so he can see who he was dealing with.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:29:20 am by Siris »

Nation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2010, 12:24:37 pm
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:38 am »
Real bummer that this nanotech is essentially a scam. I would love to have some real arcade quality guns in my cab. I'd probably even pay the extremely high price for something like the optigun if it existed (and worked).

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Offline Offline
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:25 pm »
I just ended up converting my Happ guns to Aimtraks and I'm happy.  And over $100 richer.

My other job...

Nation

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2010, 12:24:37 pm
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »
1up do you have the recoil system for those happ guns working as well? That is my one big hangup about going that route. I've not heard anyne gettng that working. To be fair I haven't heard anyone say they tried either

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Offline Offline
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
1up do you have the recoil system for those happ guns working as well? That is my one big hangup about going that route. I've not heard anyne gettng that working. To be fair I haven't heard anyone say they tried either

I'm super close.  The hardware works great, and I have been able to control it from the PC thru the LED-Wiz and can get a pulse when the trigger is pulled in Operation Thunderbolt, and apparently it's a simple matter to turn that into rapid fire with a Mame Hooker script.  The last step is just getting Mame to send the outputs from Terminator 2 to control recoil and LEDs.  Howard Casto has this working for Operation Wolf and Revolution X.  He's getting close with Terminator 2.  You can follow the action HERE

My other job...

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Offline Offline
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 04:46:45 am »
Update--I now have the recoil working in full auto mode!  The kickers are really loud, but I expect to fix this with some rubber bumpers.  It's fully controllable via Mame Hooker, using the LED-Wiz to interface the trigger inputs on the recoil board.  Lots of thanks to Randy T and Howard Casto for helping me out with the technical side of all this.

Anyway, this is all off topic, so check out what's going on at the link in my post above.  I'll probably start another thread soon with details, pics and some youtubes once I have something more worthy of showing, like both guns working with recoil and LEDs.

My other job...