Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nanotech OptiGun??  (Read 17458 times)

DigitalAce7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2012, 03:03:19 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Nanotech OptiGun??
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:39 pm »
Hey guys!
Has anyone tried the OptiGun adapter at Nanotech?
The web site is
http://www.nanotechent.com/opti-gun.php
It states it works with MAME and low-res monitors
I'm not sure how it works.  My new cabinet is running Vista 64. 
It states no drivers required.  Anyone willing to give a shot?

- DigitalAce7

Organic Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2013, 12:39:09 am
  • I'm per pixel lit.
    • OmeshPersaud.com
Re: Nanotech OptiGun??
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:48:34 am »
whoah whoah..... what?

Does anyone know anything about this?

For 200 bucks it better be more than perfect...

Progress Rate:  Moderate      ||      Threads:  Cabinet  |  Art  |  MaLa Layout
XBL: OrganicJerk  |  PSN: OrganicJerk

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:38:43 am »
There have been a number of threads on it and the bottom line is that nobody has tried it.

I was thinking about it, but my discretionary fund just went to Jrok's new williams boards.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Organic Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • I'm per pixel lit.
    • OmeshPersaud.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:33:20 am »
I would imagine a positive review from a respected forum member here would do some good work for their sales...

... good enough work that they should be able to give up a unit for review, no?

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 12:39:59 pm »
why dont we take up a paypal collection & send the money to saint, we could  pick out one of the more tech guys on here to test the unit & they can also keep it...I would be willing to donate no problem, we could use chad, cheff or ken maybe
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Time Pilot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2015, 10:25:30 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
Seems pretty cool.  I emailed them about the User's Guide link not working.  They just fixed it.  The guide doesn't mention calibration, so I emailed in a question about that.  Kinda pricey, but might be just the thing if it really works...

Organic Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • I'm per pixel lit.
    • OmeshPersaud.com
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 02:24:30 pm »
I sent an email over to them:

Hello,

I would like to gather some information about the Optigun board.

I frequent the forums over at http://www.arcadecontrols.com (an active home arcade enthusiast community), and a number of us have shown interest in this product.  I personally feel that if it’s solid, it would be a godsend to the community, and you would become the premier supplier of this type of product to home buyers.

What is setup and calibration of the device like? 
So far, Light Gun devices have either had to be connected to the video monitor (such as with the Act Labs gun), or set up with separate LED bars (such as with the LCD Top Gun). Both setups have been lukewarm depending on who you ask, but there is definitely a consensus that original arcade guns, if possible, are the way to go.  That being said, How are these aspects handled on this board?

How accurate is the board?

Is there a possibility of releasing a cheaper option?
The board seems to be created as an all-in-one solution, created with the arcade game creator/publisher in mind.  The overwhelming majority of home arcade enthusiasts who have gone the route of using a PC for their cabinet already have an option configured for coin inputs, start buttons, sound, etc.  Have you ever considered releasing a half-price slimmed down version that merely supports the guns and the buttons on the gun?  Given that a single gun from happ costs $75 each (before shipping), an entire setup with this board would end up costing around $400 in all.  Giving the option between a “Pro” and “Lite” version could help your sales, as I know many people who would like to give this a try, but simply cannot afford the investment that this board requires.

Is there a possibility of donating one to a trusted member, publication, or member in the community for review?
A big part of which products get sold and which do not in the community is word of mouth,  and the question many first-posters ask is “What is the best joystick?” “Have you heard of this product?”  In fact, the post that spawned my email today is actually one such post: Link.  I know it may be a big request, but I can refer you to long-standing and trusted members of the community whose word would go a long way to instilling good faith in this product if it is what it states.  Alternatively, you could send a part over to GameRoom Magazine or RetroBlast for review, as well.  Again, word of mouth is a big (if not the biggest) part of what sells and what does not in this community.  Vendors like groovygamegear.com and ultimarc.com (as well as forum members who work as Happ vendors), have a deep seated and well respected presence in the forum, and I believe this company could very well join the club.

Thank you for your consideration in addressing these questions and concerns.  As you would imagine, I am personally considering this board for purchase, but the price tag, along with the general lack of knowledge about your company, leaves me hesitant.

- Omesh Persaud
BYOAC forum member OrganicJerk
********@gmail.com

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:28:55 pm by Organic Jerk »

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 04:17:24 pm »
Very well-written. If they don't respond in a positive manner to that, ---fudgesicle--- 'em.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 04:21:03 pm »
FWIW, David R Foley (It's A GoogleTrap!) is a member here, so hopefully will chime in. He definitely won't want me involved as I've been less than kind in regards to my characterizations of him, but he has made some pretty cool stuff and I do hope to buy one of these at some point.

I would like to see a review by someone like GameRoom Magazine or RetroBlast. Alternatively, if it were to be someone here, I would vote for someone like u_rebelscum, Tiger-Heli, etc.

Someone at Happ was testing the board and there was some issue, which I understand Nanotech was looking into (I think it was something simple like a wiring harness).

For those of you using LCDs, they also are working on a sonic version of the board (works with sensors).

Sorry ... I'm too lazy to look for the appropriate threads right now -- guests are arriving and I am getting dirty looks from Mrs. Cheffo for having my notebook on the counter while cooking.

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 04:28:37 pm »
I think this is the thread you mean:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=83854.0

I personally think that if Foley's gun solution comes in below the $200 price point and is as accurate as he suggests, it will be THE arcade gun solution for the BYOAC crowd.

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 04:32:11 pm »
As much as I do not care for foley it would be awesome to have a gun solution
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

mrserv0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2021, 09:20:06 pm
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 01:02:58 am »
Why doesnt ultimarc just grab one of these. Mimic it for $100 bucks and push em out?

Organic Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • I'm per pixel lit.
    • OmeshPersaud.com
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 05:39:03 am »
Got an answer:

>>What is setup and calibration of the device like? 

Windows Control Panel, Game Controllers, Click on Optigun and select Calibrate.

>>How accurate is the board?

Good enough to be used in several arcade products already.

>>Is there a possibility of releasing a cheaper option?

Yes, possibly a non arcade version with no amplifier.

>>Is there a possibility of donating one to a trusted member, publication, or member in the community for review?

Not at this time, but in the future for sure.

Well I had seen David Foley's name mentioned in previous threads in a reference to some scandalous history, but I don't know much of anything about the whole ordeal. 

I knew he is a member here at the very least, but I didn't know he was linked to this product (or that he was who the email was going to, or else I would have just PM'd)......I definitely would have written the email differently had I known the creator was already a member of the forum I was trying to pimp!  ;)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:41:35 am by Organic Jerk »

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 06:37:42 am »
Why doesnt ultimarc just grab one of these. Mimic it for $100 bucks and push em out?
I have mentioned on here before that if we were ever to produce a light gun it would  not be based on the obsolete technology used in standard arcade optical guns.

Andy

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 12:43:51 pm »
I'm really curious on how good Dave Foley's come out.  I believe the sonic ones are what most arcades currently have. 

I looked at some of the technology and thought someone could do a cool ultra violet light one (put 4 sensors, and have one in each corner of a monitor or something and get the location based on that).   Then I started thinking... the sensors should be in the monitor itself... one in each corner (or whatever) and then you could have a wireless version so you have one extra led that works closer to a remote control, ie, it has a wide range.  Anyway, you would need different frequency for each gun, different sensors for each....

But I think the sound works the same way.  So there is some real possiblities... if the price could stay low.

But 200 bucks if it handled two guns and worked without flashes would be worth it... for some...  I've spent more on arcade parts that work with less games then a good gun system.  And if you add all the guns purchased that didn't really work... I'm probably in that range now... (act gun system, act labs usb x2, those lcd ones everyone has x2...)

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 06:00:38 pm
  • Former Evil Corporate Overlord
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:11 pm »
Our OptiGun circuitry has been used in thousands of Arcade machines, so it's very well proven technology.  We are now working with some customers to ensure that it's feature set works well with as many MAME configurations as possible.

The only problem that Happ had in testing was that they wired the guns wrong when connecting them.  The boards work fun with all standard Happ and Betson guns and rifles.  We currently don't work with Area 51 guns, and are looking into why those guns generate different signals than standard light guns.

People have complained about the price, and it's primarily due to low volume and a bunch of features for actual arcade use.  Due to the inquiries we are looking into building a "Lite" configuration so that it's just I/O, and nothing else  (2x Guns, 6x Button Inputs for each Gun)  I'll keep the forums posted.

vartech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2013, 03:38:17 pm
  • The Great Swordsman Hiko
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 10:16:50 am »
Any updates on the lite version?  Also I want to know if this will work on my setup.  I have some arcade light guns a wells gardner standard arcade monitor with a arcadevga card with a 3400 athlon xp.  The cab has tinted glass.  I want to know how accurate this will be.

studmuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2012, 09:40:15 pm
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 12:43:44 am »
$200 seems really steep for an adapter and no gun!

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 11:07:31 am »
Any updates on the lite version?  Also I want to know if this will work on my setup.  I have some arcade light guns a wells gardner standard arcade monitor with a arcadevga card with a 3400 athlon xp.  The cab has tinted glass.  I want to know how accurate this will be.

We are in a mandatory quiet period, so I can't comment on new product releases such as OptiGun Lite.  We'll have some announcements soon. 

The tinted glass will affect the use of any light gun technology.  As members have pointed out, optical gun technology is very old, and we don't control the sensors that were used in the guns.  They rely on bright light in order to function, thus the flashing of the screen when you pull the trigger.  Depending on how tinted your glass is will determine how much it affects the use of optical guns.

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:17 am »

Until you start making them and selling them. 

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »
FWIW, and I may end up eating a big plate of crow (and i don't have any good recipes!) based on my prior personal comments about Mr Foley, $200 is an AWESOME price for real gun connectivity.

If you are making a judgement on price based on something like, say, ActLabs or GunCon, I would suggest that there is a reason that people are looking for something more.

I don't want a half-assed solution and am willing to both pay and wait for a solution with a complete and plump ass.

EDIT: For poor wording regarding posteriors!

vartech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2013, 03:38:17 pm
  • The Great Swordsman Hiko
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:35 pm »

We are in a mandatory quiet period, so I can't comment on new product releases such as OptiGun Lite.  We'll have some announcements soon. 

The tinted glass will affect the use of any light gun technology.  As members have pointed out, optical gun technology is very old, and we don't control the sensors that were used in the guns.  They rely on bright light in order to function, thus the flashing of the screen when you pull the trigger.  Depending on how tinted your glass is will determine how much it affects the use of optical guns.

can you give a time frame on when to expect announcements example June 09, end of 3rd quarter 09.  Something so we know this is not pardon the expression vaporware.

claypool

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2010, 05:48:02 pm
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »
I think that kind of expense is not an issuem, as all current solutions for a light gun in an arcade cabinet are poor. Utilizing genuine arcade optical light guns and there durability is the way to go.
But I am reluctant to get one shipped across the world when no user reviews have been submitted,  by donating one to a respected reviewer would boost the sales period.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:07:46 pm by claypool »

swamprat96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2012, 03:29:46 pm
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 08:35:19 pm »
I'm with Andy on this - optical light guns are old tech and as CRT's are on the way out I can't see this as a final solution. The sonic system sounds the way to go(pardon the pun) ;D.

Whether we like it or not LCD is here now and something else around the corner. WE want a future proof solution as does the manufacturer- otherwise no-one is going to produce them

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 08:44:47 pm »
Mandatory quiet period?  ???

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 08:49:28 pm »

can you give a time frame on when to expect announcements example June 09, end of 3rd quarter 09.  Something so we know this is not pardon the expression vaporware.

We never announced the OptiGun lite, so the vaporware comment doesn't apply here.  I mentioned that we would take the requests under consideration. 

studmuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2012, 09:40:15 pm
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:34 pm »

Until you start making them and selling them. 
Good comeback David.   :cheers:

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:28 pm »
Surely they aren't taking the company public during these economic conditions....

Edit for a key word that I left out....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:23:51 pm by Hoopz »

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 09:44:28 pm »
Surely they aren't taking the company public during these economic conditions....

Press Release will be made next week that will answer that question.

Siris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2023, 09:13:08 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 11:54:45 pm »
David,

I have requested update info on the Optigun in other threads months past and I'm sure you have read them. I had originally said that I have a Mame friendly Area 51 cab and if the Optigun works I want one! You mentioned Happ wired their setup wrong and had issues with Area 51 guns, Being that the Area 51 gun replacement optical board parts are the same as other games I just find that hard to believe. It's been long enough since you initially said that, that if it was something that isolated why wouldn't you just put it out now a ver. 1 that doesn't support those single specific guns???
Honestly, I am not sure that I understand or appreciate your business practices. Why would you have a site selling a product with vague info while claiming what would be amazing abilities, and then come to what you obviously consider possible customers and not try and give actual details with optimistic intent?
If the Optigun works just not with Area 51 guns it would sell! I REALLY was hoping that after this long you would have SOMETHING more encouraging to enlighten us with but I think after this long and the same excuse this product must not be in development and your site marketing it should be edited with more ACCURATE information or that page removed.
Again, I WANT one! make it and I will buy it but please stop posting Bi-Yearly that it's being tweeked to work with one specific game gun!
All it would take is 1 respected review to start cashing in or help in development but you refuse to take that step so why should anyone be expected to take the step to buy your product?

Just 2 cents from a consumer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:02:29 am by Siris »

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 01:47:08 am »
David,

I have requested update info on the Optigun in other threads months past and I'm sure you have read them. I had originally said that I have a Mame friendly Area 51 cab and if the Optigun works I want one! You mentioned Happ wired their setup wrong and had issues with Area 51 guns, Being that the Area 51 gun replacement optical board parts are the same as other games I just find that hard to believe. It's been long enough since you initially said that, that if it was something that isolated why wouldn't you just put it out now a ver. 1 that doesn't support those single specific guns???
Honestly, I am not sure that I understand or appreciate your business practices. Why would you have a site selling a product with vague info while claiming what would be amazing abilities, and then come to what you obviously consider possible customers and not try and give actual details with optimistic intent?
If the Optigun works just not with Area 51 guns it would sell! I REALLY was hoping that after this long you would have SOMETHING more encouraging to enlighten us with but I think after this long and the same excuse this product must not be in development and your site marketing it should be edited with more ACCURATE information or that page removed.
Again, I WANT one! make it and I will buy it but please stop posting Bi-Yearly that it's being tweeked to work with one specific game gun!
All it would take is 1 respected review to start cashing in or help in development but you refuse to take that step so why should anyone be expected to take the step to buy your product?

Just 2 cents from a consumer.

Area 51 guns  are not the same as other guns, and the electronics to handle Area 51 guns are different than other guns.  Your assumption that the parts are the same is incorrect.  The Area 51 electronics output different signals than standard guns.  Our page specifically states compatibility with Happ and Beston guns, and makes no mention of supporting Atari guns, and therefore requires no modification or removal.   We don't put out multiple versions of our board as we add the features to the design and are currently shipping revision 3 of the board, not revision 1.     

As far is claiming that I "refuse" to do anything is again a complete misstatement.  I've helped many of our customers with the product, and we continue to sell the Optigun product to many customers, including updates to continually increase the products features and expand its functionality.

Siris

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 02:32:07 am »
David,

Your assumption that I'm ignorant = FAIL!

I have posted this info in the past but I feel compelled to do so again. Here is a link to Happ for the replacement Happ/Atari gun board.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/optical/960066100smd.htm

You can see it says "Direct replacement for Suzo-Happ and Atari optic guns"

Here is a link to Happ for their harness adapters for similar guns with different connectors.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/optical/96067000.htm

You can see that with a simple harness (NO ELECTRONICS) Area51 guns are compatible with Happ guns and vise versa.

Can you give me anything besides your word why I should buy one of these and expect it to work?
Can you not ask one of your claimed many customers to comment on their experience with the product somewhere that you can provide a link to?
Personally I would think that if you wanted to start selling these you would at least try and advertise and promote the product instead of just saying yeah we make those and they work.
Give us a reason to give you our money!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:45:01 am by Siris »

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 11:15:19 am »
David,

Your assumption that I'm ignorant = FAIL!

I have posted this info in the past but I feel compelled to do so again. Here is a link to Happ for the replacement Happ/Atari gun board.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/optical/960066100smd.htm

You can see it says "Direct replacement for Suzo-Happ and Atari optic guns"

Here is a link to Happ for their harness adapters for similar guns with different connectors.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/optical/96067000.htm

You can see that with a simple harness (NO ELECTRONICS) Area51 guns are compatible with Happ guns and vise versa.

Can you give me anything besides your word why I should buy one of these and expect it to work?
Can you not ask one of your claimed many customers to comment on their experience with the product somewhere that you can provide a link to?
Personally I would think that if you wanted to start selling these you would at least try and advertise and promote the product instead of just saying yeah we make those and they work.
Give us a reason to give you our money!

When you swap out the Atari electronics for Happ Electronics, you are converting the gun from an Atari Gun to a Happ Gun.  The original Atari electronics generate a different signal than the Happ Guns.  The Area 51 main board supports several types of input including the Happ Gun Input.  We have made modifications to our board to do the same.  That does not mean however, that the Area 51 Guns and the Happ Guns are the same, or generate the same signal.  If you like, put an oscilloscope on the signal generated by each, and you will notice the vast difference in the signal.  It is very simple to do, and will end your continued lack of knowledge on this matter.

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:40 am »
Hi David, I only have a few questions:

1) Is this product available today?
2) Does it indeed work with Happ recoil guns on, say, a Wells Gardner monitor?
3) Does it work with Mame on the most common gun games and will it be update-able for more?
4) Do you take Visa and/or Paypal?  :)

Seriously.  I've got 2 of the Happ 45cal full recoil kits and holsters that have been just sitting on the shelf  in my garage for years now, since ROR3 announced their board that never materialized.  :-\  I'd be perfectly willing to be the guinea pig for this product and put an end to all this speculation real quick, just tell me that you have them in stock and that you've tested them with Mame with some kind of decent results (specific game names would be nice!)

Thanks!

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:53 am »
Hi David, I only have a few questions:

1) Is this product available today?
Revision 3 is out of stock at the moment, but we have more coming from our overseas supplier in the next couple of weeks.  We had an OEM customer take our last two manufacturing runs completely emptying our stock.

2) Does it indeed work with Happ recoil guns on, say, a Wells Gardner monitor?
Yes, it has built in support for recoil outputs for both guns.  It works with any monitor, regardless of make or signal type.  It supports arcade style Molex connectors, and PC style VGA connectors.

3) Does it work with Mame on the most common gun games and will it be update-able for more?

It works with MAME and any PC application that supports a joystick.  The gun simply appears as a standard HID joystick.  The X,Y coordinates reported are the location that the gun is pointing at on the screen, and the inputs are reported as joystick buttons.

4) Do you take Visa and/or Paypal?  :)
Yes

I'll make an announcement about new inventory availability.   The product has been used by two companies that have shipped games based on it, and we have a third in development using it.
Seriously.  I've got 2 of the Happ 45cal full recoil kits and holsters that have been just sitting on the shelf  in my garage for years now, since ROR3 announced their board that never materialized.  :-\  I'd be perfectly willing to be the guinea pig for this product and put an end to all this speculation real quick, just tell me that you have them in stock and that you've tested them with Mame with some kind of decent results (specific game names would be nice!)

Thanks!

Siris

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 02:27:03 am »
Thank you for stepping up 1UP!
I was wondering when someone would. LOL
If you get your hands on one please let us know, I would do it myself but currently I cannot afford $200 on an unconfirmed product. :/
If it's what it's claimed to be I'm all in!

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 03:20:08 am »
I just hope this doesn't turn into another ROR3 situation.  I would have taken the dive on that long ago if they would have responded to my inquiries.  At least David is here answering questions (and within minutes of my posting--wow.)  I'm currently trying to get my cab refurbished back into ship shape, and upgrading my gun options would be ideal.  I anxiously await the replenished stock!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:24:48 am by 1UP »

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

Siris

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:53 am »
After being here for years and messing about with a few non keeper cabs and stand alone CP's, I picked up an Area 51 Site 4 cab that after some TLC works and is simple to swap from stock to Mame. I am rebuilding the CP on it and really this cab is ideal for a Mame cab.
I don't really care what David says about the compatibility with the guns, If his board works, I can get those working!

iAtoria

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2019, 10:02:33 am
    • iAtoria
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 01:43:27 pm »

davidrfoley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 01:49:41 pm »

Here is a good article about what it really costs to develop and sell technology.  Might give some insight as to why things cost what they do.

http://ireaderreview.com/2009/04/26/kindle-2-cost-analysis-real-cost-is-309/