Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Simpsons 4 player cabinet n00b  (Read 3243 times)

Ronald Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2010, 10:40:44 am
Simpsons 4 player cabinet n00b
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:25:04 am »
Hello,
I am a newbie here! I am a big fan of Arcade games. When I was a kid I used to hang around a lot in Arcadecentre's playing 1942, StreetFighter II, Pacman and The Simpsons. Back then, I would have never even thought about owning such an arcade machine myself.
I recently bought a 4 player Simpsons cabinet, the European version. It is my first cabinet and i am quite happy with it. The game is working, the monitor is fine and the side art is in good condition.

At the back of the cabinet there is a KONAMI Simpsons serial number.
But the cabinet came with an ControlPannel which doesnt seems original to me. It doesnt have Simpsons stickers and the buttons and joysticks aren't original either, as you can see on the photo.

Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from, messed around with the Joysticks and buttons because according to him, the fourplayermode wasn't functioning well, and he tried to connect it via a Quatro 4 box. Before he tried, the game could have only be played by a maximum of 3 players, he said.

Furthermore, I am wondering if these buttons with the images of Marge Homer Lisa and Bart are orginal ones. I am not sure myself, just check the photo.

Maybe someone here, who has the same cabinet can help me out a little bit. It's my first cabinet and I am planning to rebuild or fix it back to it's original state as good as possible.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:29:56 am by Ronald Reagan »

jeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2012, 03:45:21 pm
Re: Simpsons 4 player cabinet n00b
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:27:46 pm »
howdy, I'm no expert, but is this your cabinet?
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9550
(the top image)

We've got a 4 player simpsons at our local arcade similar to the second image down
Current Project: Mortal Arcade

Ronald Reagan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2010, 10:40:44 am
Re: Simpsons 4 player cabinet n00b
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:15 am »
yes, the top white one is my cabinet. The blue one is the American arcade version, I guess
I got the Simpsons Manual from KLOV at the bottom of that page :)