Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: BACK TO THE ARCADE BARTOP  (Read 73425 times)

dkssprs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 01:32:26 pm
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
BACK TO THE ARCADE BARTOP
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:48:46 am »
Project Announcement
by dkssprs

Hi all arcade maniacs :applaud:

When i was a little kid (now i am 27 years old...but still a kid) i used to believe that the richest kid in the world the first thing that it sould choose for a present definitely would be a arcade machine like DOUBLE DRAGON or FINAL FIGHT etc having it in his playroom and  to play the favorite arcade game  with his friends.
My point is that a kid having an arcade cabinet in his room it was the THE TOTAL "TOY"
.....which i never had.  :banghead:  :(

From the age of 19 i found Mame to play with. I was very excited playing again my favorite Bubble Bobble , Shinobi etc.
But something was missing...something wasnt right...the feeling playing arcade games wasnt the same like before.
The problem was that i wa playing my favorite games but not using the original way.The keyboard isnt for that kind of game and also there wasnt a cab.
So i thought "is there a way to have an arcade cabinet in my room??!!"
I went to google and typed arcade cabinet = BYOAC .....and you guys here saw me the way to make my child dream come true.
Lots of hours serfing and gathering informations about the arcade project. I cant remember how many times i changed the project type (coctail ,cabinet , bartop ) but i decided to make a BARTOP project like weecade which i find it AWOSOME  http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/index.htm

(many gratz to Rasmus Kønig Sørensen ...pure inspiration)

I hope i didnt tire you but first  i wanted to share these memories with you guys.  

Enough with the talking ... its time for some photoes of my progress

At the end i would like to say a personal Thanks to a helpfull member here in BYOAC who is helping me with the artwork of the cab ,cause i am awful with that part of the project

THANK you thatitalian

to be continued....

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:18:00 am by dkssprs »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: Bub & Bobs BARTOP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 03:02:41 pm »
The Hardware Part

The monitor will be a LG FLATRON L1734S-BN 17''

CPU                 Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 478 socket
Motherboard   ASROCK P4I65GV
Ram                2GB
Harddisk         80GB
PSU                CHIEFTECH 450W

The controls part

1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, blue:    2,00Euro
1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, white:    2,00Euro
1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, green:    2,00Euro
4x Sanwa OBSN-30, blue:    9,00Euro
4x Sanwa OBSN-30, white:    9,00Euro
1x 2P Start Button:    2,80Euro
1x 1P Start Button:    2,80Euro
2x Mag-Stik S, black:    39,00Euro
1x I-PAC ve:    35,95Euro

The frontend part

Maximus arcade http://www.maximusarcade.com/

coinopman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2009, 09:18:53 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:45:41 pm »
I like that cab design. I have been looking for a bartop cab to put a Golden Tee in. I'm in the coin-op video biz with a Golden Tee I've been wanting to put in a location but I can't use a full size cab there. This cab would be perfect with some modifications.

Joey Butafuko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2012, 04:59:19 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:33 pm »
Very soon you'll finally be one of those rich kids  ;D

Very recognisable, i once was hunting for a Shinobi cab when i was 8 years old or so. Shinobi was the baddest thing in the world.  I actually thought i could find one for cheap, i got like $5 allowance a month  :laugh2:. For months i checked the newspaper ads and even called up companies in the yellow pages.

I also had this fantasy that my Commodore 64 would pay out my high scores in money like some slotmachine  :laugh2:

Anyways, i finally got my Shinobi  :cheers:

coinopman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2009, 09:18:53 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 09:33:23 pm »
Where can I get the plans for this cab? I looked at weecade's site but the the printout i made is too small to read.

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 01:24:35 am »
Looking good!  :applaud:

Good job on the metal work, did you bend/cut it yourself? 

Im looking forward to seeing the artwork :)

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:55:08 am »
Very soon you'll finally be one of those rich kids  ;D

Very recognisable, i once was hunting for a Shinobi cab when i was 8 years old or so. Shinobi was the baddest thing in the world.  I actually thought i could find one for cheap, i got like $5 allowance a month  :laugh2:. For months i checked the newspaper ads and even called up companies in the yellow pages.

I also had this fantasy that my Commodore 64 would pay out my high scores in money like some slotmachine  :laugh2:

Anyways, i finally got my Shinobi  :cheers:

Many gratz to yo my friend....shinobi is one of the favorites.Plz post a pic of your cab PLEASEEE

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:57:08 am »
Where can I get the plans for this cab? I looked at weecade's site but the the printout i made is too small to read.

http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/WeeCade_plans_1.0.pdf

just zoom the plans

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 08:08:36 am »
Looking good!  :applaud:

Good job on the metal work, did you bend/cut it yourself? 

Im looking forward to seeing the artwork :)

Thank you. I actualy gave the autocad plans to a "factory" of metal (dont know how to say that) and they made it. The machine they use it is called CNC

Me too ...  i cant wait for the artwork. Cabinet without artwork is not a cabinet

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 07:45:53 am »
The hardware staff are all inside the cab

The monitors and sounds supply will be direct from the PSU (450W chieftech)

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 07:51:19 am »
Can anyone help me with this???
I consider the lights of the marquee be like this which are for tower modding.

AC RYAN ACR-CC3053 TWIN-30 CCFL LIGHT WHITE

What you say...will the light be faire enough for the marquee??

richms

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2022, 02:33:54 am
  • s92a sucks
    • richms.com
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 07:58:40 am »
I have had several inverters for cheap casemod ccfls burn out, in a couple of cases with that smell and melting up their plastic box before making the PSU in the computer shut down.

I would not be using them again with the price is all that matters construction they use on them. At least with mains powered things there are approvals they have to go thru, nothing like that for cheap nasty casemod lights.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 08:05:53 am »
I have had several inverters for cheap casemod ccfls burn out, in a couple of cases with that smell and melting up their plastic box before making the PSU in the computer shut down.

I would not be using them again with the price is all that matters construction they use on them. At least with mains powered things there are approvals they have to go thru, nothing like that for cheap nasty casemod lights.

You are saying that i souldnt use them cause this lights are overheating and the psu will shut down in sever hours of use????

"At least with mains powered things there are approvals they have to go thru, nothing like that for cheap nasty casemod lights"

Please explain this in different words (my english are not so good)

Thanks for you reply :)

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 10:29:27 am »
I am going with these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/55351

They seem to be the recommended lighting for marquees (apart from the novamatrix from GGG.

Good to see the artwork up bud! CP is moving along! Not far from finishing it!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 10:58:32 am »
I am going with these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/55351

They seem to be the recommended lighting for marquees (apart from the novamatrix from GGG.

Good to see the artwork up bud! CP is moving along! Not far from finishing it!

Whats the name of the brand of those lights??!

I wish i can find them here in greece...dont want them to be shipped from far.....defenetly they will break :(

Cant wait for the cp artwork..... :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:00:07 am by dkssprs »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 05:44:27 pm »
Here are some photoes of my progress of today.

At last!!!!!I have found rubber feet for my cab.I like their shape but the colour isnt the best for my cab.But at the point they are mounted arent so visible...so its ok :)

This is the pushbutton i will use for the power ON of my cab.I am thinking mounting it there.Whats your opinion?Is it the right place?

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 06:12:49 pm »
Thats basically where I got my on/off switch.

Where did you get your rubber feet at? And how much $$?
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 12:41:44 pm »
Here are the speaker covers. I think they are simple and classic. I dont know if they are the best choice for my cab.I really dont know if i use them.  ::) Does anyone know a link to see different types of covers and maybe order them?

IG-88 I leave in greece and the shop i got them isnt for online shoping. You can find like these rubber feets from shop that sels doors and door - handles.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:50:42 pm by dkssprs »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 09:16:59 am »
My choice for joysticks is 2 Mag stick S black

Whats your opinion about these joys.Are they the right choice.
I am not totaly convinced for their performance.
And also i dont see any difference when i switch them from 4way to 8way.??!!
Please rate them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:18:47 am by dkssprs »

Gatsu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2017, 08:23:43 am
  • I'm not prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 10:36:23 am »
how are you gonna wire the monitor and PC to the power button? Thats one thing I haven't figured out for my cab yet.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 11:57:15 am »
how are you gonna wire the monitor and PC to the power button? Thats one thing I haven't figured out for my cab yet.

I did this

The monitor and the sound speakers supply is direct to the PSU 450W.
The grey cable is for the monitor and the black for the speakers. You must have some expierence to do the wiring inside the psu...but it is easy.
I wish i helped

system01

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2023, 08:06:55 pm
  • System Idle Processes are the Devil's Playthings
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 01:24:19 pm »
Whoah, that might be a pretty good idea!  Are you saying that you can switch the AC off when the PSU switches off?  Or do you have to physically flip the switch in the back after everything else is shut down?

And on the power button:  If it were mine Id put it in the back.  It looks like those feet are a bit shallow, and I wouldnt want to lift it up every time to turn it on/off.  If you can fit your hand underneath though, Id put it where you have in the first pic, but a bit closer to the front or side.

childsremix

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2019, 02:43:01 am
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 03:08:47 pm »
Awesome project!  Im also doing the same Bartop as you but slightly different.  I do have one question but isnt your control panel different?  I noticed that the joystick is on the far right side vs. the standard left side then the buttons.

Franco B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:36 pm »
IIRC dkssprs is Greek and I think I remember him saying they play with the sticks on the other side.

2secs...

Ah yes...

why are the joysticks on the right side?

In greece we are used to play the joys with the right hand and when we were about to play with a joy at the left side we cross our hands

Looking great btw.  :)

You 'may' want to reconsider the magsticks, I don't know many people who like them, I never had them myself but I haven't heard the best things about them. From what I can gather they are a of a similar feel to the T-Sticks Ultimarc used to stock. I used to have a pair of T-sticks on my old cab and I wasn't too keen on them as they were too stiff for my liking, I believe the Magsticks have a similar stiffness. I don't know what kind of stick you are after but I can recommend the Sanwa JLF or JLW. I imagine you have chosen magsticks for the above CP 4/8way operability? If that what you are after I would say go for the Ultimarc U360 (which is essentially a modified Sanwa JLW). You can change the JLW/JLF to 4-way mode but you have to do it from the bottom of the stick. I don't know anything about Seimitsu stick ATM so I cant give you any input on those.

As for the Magsticks 4/8way performance, you should feel that you cannot hit the diagonal corners (and actuate the microswitches) when in 4-way mode. If you can still hit the corners in both modes the components must not be assembled correctly on the shaft (if you have had it apart) or there must be another fault. Either way there should be able to tell the difference between the two modes.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 12:23:30 am »
Whoah, that might be a pretty good idea!  Are you saying that you can switch the AC off when the PSU switches off?  Or do you have to physically flip the switch in the back after everything else is shut down?

And on the power button:  If it were mine Id put it in the back.  It looks like those feet are a bit shallow, and I wouldnt want to lift it up every time to turn it on/off.  If you can fit your hand underneath though, Id put it where you have in the first pic, but a bit closer to the front or side.

To switch of the cabinet (pc + monitor) , by the way i use, i only press the pushbutton off the motherboards...and the cabinet switch off like a normal pc. I cant understand why you say that i might have to physically flip the switch in the back after everything else is shut down. When a psu switch off all the load on it switches off.Please if i didnt uderstabd your question please make it again.

Now about the pushbutton....i cant fit my hand under the cab...but it could be a good idea.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 12:35:55 am »
@ Franco B

Exactly the stiffness is the bad feeling with these joys but i couldnt remember the word "stiff" . They are tooo stiff with small space to move the stick....in other words....shrt moves with the stick. I dont think i like them. But i must get used with them cause as you can see under the cp the joys are not mounted with screws but i stick them using ......GOD I DONT KNOW HOW TO SAY IT IN ENGLISH...@!@!#$!! :banghead: :banghead:
The mean is that i cant unmount them  :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hissy:

Sry for my bad english....i have years to write so much in english...but i am getting better day by day.....look look ..... I speak england very best!! :laugh2:

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:57 am »
Say the word in Greek. I will translate (hopefully). ;D

I had the mags in my first cab. I thought they were ok. Definitely stiff but loved the short throw on them! This time I am rolling with the U360's, them seem really sweet with the medium spring and circular restrictors.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 09:47:21 am »
Happy new year thatitalian

The word is "ηλεκτροσυγκοληση"....good luck to you my friend  :laugh2:

system01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 08:59:40 pm »

To switch of the cabinet (pc + monitor) , by the way i use, i only press the pushbutton off the motherboards...and the cabinet switch off like a normal pc. I cant understand why you say that i might have to physically flip the switch in the back after everything else is shut down. When a psu switch off all the load on it switches off.Please if i didnt uderstabd your question please make it again.

No, you heard me right.  Do you have details on how you did that.  I dont have any extra PSUs at home anymore to look at.

The way I did it was with the SmartStrip with the 'control' on the PSU.  Then a single power button was wired to the mobo.  Your way would cut out the whole SmartStrip.

What I meant with the extra switch was:  If you wired your other devices to the input side of the PSU, behind the switch or AC socket.  Then the PC would shut down normally, but youd have to flip the PSU I/O switch to turn everything else off.

Hope that makes sense.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 01:10:29 am »
[/quote]system01

What I meant with the extra switch was:  If you wired your other devices to the input side of the PSU, behind the switch or AC socket.  Then the PC would shut down normally, but youd have to flip the PSU I/O switch to turn everything else off.

Hope that makes sense.
[/quote]

Yes now its clear.The devices that will be connected (speaking for my project) are the pc , monitor TFT, Speakers and the cothode lights. When i push the pushbutton to shut down the cab. the monitor and the speakers will be in "stand by", and you are right....if i want to totaly switch off the cabinet i have to physically flip the psu switch.Later i will give you details on how to do it. Now i am in the F#$@@$%N ARMY  :hissy:  :banghead: :angry: :cry:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:19:44 am by dkssprs »

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 07:15:35 am »
Happy new year thatitalian

The word is "ηλεκτροσυγκοληση"....good luck to you my friend  :laugh2:

Is that supposed to be a portable welder?  :)
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 07:37:57 am »
Lol, was just about to say that!

I think it translates to electric welding but then I thought he meant soldering or welding.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 09:21:46 am »
Very nice very nice
Many gratz to you gentlmen!!!!  :applaud:  :applaud:

Please pm me your adresses to send you the prizes  :cheers:

here they are

thatitalian can choose first

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 10:26:53 am »
THE SHOWCASE IS MINE! >:D

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:11 am »
THE SHOWCASE IS MINE! >:D

OK then ...showcase shipping to london right away.  :afro:

I am curous , what have you figured out about the cp artwork.  Do you have any examples....... ?
If you have i would take a look to them ...when i have the time ofcourse  ;D ;D ( :banghead:;D

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 12:43:14 pm »
I am about to decide for the sound system. I have next to me 2 speakers for laptop USB pwered supply.I bought them 4dollars  :-[ :laugh2:
I think my bartop deserves a better sound system.The bad thing is that i dont know much about speakers sound amplifiers.....can anyone suggest me a complete sound system for my cab?

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 05:50:57 pm »
Damn!!  :banghead:   Always too late. Second prize isn't to bad tho....

On my bartop I decased the speakers to help fit (can't remember the brand, Boston sticks in my mind) and the sound quality dropped considerably. I don't know whether the case helps with acoustics or what but luckily I didn't find out after they were installed. Something to think about anyway.....
-HarumaN

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 07:08:08 am »
The project now is very close to paint it.
One of the most difficult things is to mount the monitor total horizontialy (180 degrees)...and i think i made it( :banghead:)
here are some photoes of the progress...

I have the feeling that this thing is going to be good.... :dizzy:

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 09:11:40 am »
Wow, why use metal to support the back of the monitor like that?

Will you be adding t-molding also?
-HarumaN

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 09:46:43 am »
Wow, why use metal to support the back of the monitor like that?

Will you be adding t-molding also?

To tell you the truth i had the same question. I was about to use wood for the monitors support but at the end i choosed the metal cause every dimension is total precised .... no mistakes with metal...the monitor is placed absolutely centered inside the cab.

Now about the t-molding which i love it....
i cant add t-molding cause i dont know the way to cut the "path" at the wood to mount it. No woodshop will do that "path" here in greece cause they all say that at the point the side panels have the curve , they cant cut the "path". I hope you understand what i mean with the word "path"?

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 09:49:53 am »
Groove or slot, I think is the word you are looking for. Do you have access to a router? It's really not to difficult. A little practice on some scrap pieces and you can do it.
-HarumaN

nic6paul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2009, 11:38:25 pm
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 12:29:34 am »
Here are the speaker covers. I think they are simple and classic. I dont know if they are the best choice for my cab.I really dont know if i use them.  ::) Does anyone know a link to see different types of covers and maybe order them?
For the speaker cover on my cab I used speaker grill cloth that I found at a fabric shop.  My cabinet is black so you cant even tell that there is cloth there.  I think it looks a bit smoother with no grills showing through.  The only issue with this would be how you are mounting your speakers.  Basically what I did was wrapped the wood then set it in place.  So the cloth will always be there.  On my next cab I may rethink this idea but as of now it works out alright.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 06:06:50 pm »
For the speaker cover on my cab I used speaker grill cloth that I found at a fabric shop.  My cabinet is black so you cant even tell that there is cloth there.  I think it looks a bit smoother with no grills showing through.  The only issue with this would be how you are mounting your speakers.  Basically what I did was wrapped the wood then set it in place.  So the cloth will always be there.  On my next cab I may rethink this idea but as of now it works out alright.

Cloth might also be a good idea...but...whats you opinion...sould i cover all the speaker-panel with cloth or only the holes of the speakers?Plz upload a photo showing how you did it,

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 06:08:38 pm »
Groove or slot, I think is the word you are looking for. Do you have access to a router? It's really not to difficult. A little practice on some scrap pieces and you can do it.

Damn!!!No router around me.Only the net-router :afro:

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: Bub & Bobs BARTOP!!!->TURNED TO NBA JAM BARTOP!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »
Here is the intro video i will use for my cab......I LOVE IT

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBCOHHtJPIg&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit2[/youtube]

What you guys think?

nic6paul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2009, 11:38:25 pm
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 06:36:48 pm »

Cloth might also be a good idea...but...whats you opinion...sould i cover all the speaker-panel with cloth or only the holes of the speakers?Plz upload a photo showing how you did it,
I covered the whole panel.  Since the panel isnt very large you really dont notice at all.  I will try to get you a photo up this week.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:43:07 am by dkssprs »

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:59 am »
I vote for #2.  Just seems to flow the best.

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:35 pm »
I really like #3 but try with NBA logo (a bit bigger) and midway (in white) on the side. Also, try the same but instead of red colour use purple.

daok

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2009, 09:30:00 pm
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 09:07:54 am »
I prefer the Red one.(#3)

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 09:31:40 am »
i desinged a better 3d model. Also i couldent find the i love this game logo in good resolution ...and i created one.
What about these two?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:36:23 am by dkssprs »

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 10:11:34 am »
#1 looks amazing! Really does flow nicely!

I like #2 but it is a bit too bright.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 10:12:51 am »
#1 looks amazing! Really does flow nicely!

I like #2 but it is a bit too bright.

yeah i like very much the #1

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 12:18:29 pm »
#1 for sure.

Laker Purple looks so nice.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 12:31:18 pm »
I think the purple NBA leads...
Please everyone vote for the best looking.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2009, 09:19:31 am »
dunno if you covered this or not but... the sticks are on the wrong side of the buttons?

purple looks best, and that was the "theme color" of NBA Jam Tournament Edition. Of the 2 you just posted I like the artwork of the red with the purple shell.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2009, 11:39:24 am »
dunno if you covered this or not but... the sticks are on the wrong side of the buttons?

purple looks best, and that was the "theme color" of NBA Jam Tournament Edition. Of the 2 you just posted I like the artwork of the red with the purple shell.

You are not the only person who asks this
In greece we are used to play the joys with the right hand and when we were about to play with a joy at the left side we cross our hands  :)

You like the reds artwork but in purple cabinet?I tried that nut it wasnt very good. I will post a pic later.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:41:27 am by dkssprs »

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:02 am »
I like the 2nd one better.
-HarumaN

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: Bub & Bobs BARTOP!!!->NBA JAM-->BACK TO THE FUTURE
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »
I have the feeling that this weekend is full of inspiration for me!!!

Now i want to make it BACK TO THE FUTURE bartop...i designed some quick artwork and i have to say that i like it A LOT

Please say what you think.....

The sure thing is that i hardly change my mind
:laugh2:

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2009, 08:41:26 pm »
Man...just when I was getting to like the last one.  :)  I'll have to go with the red one tho. More partial to that color. I do like how the tire tracks look. Sweet.
-HarumaN

Bender

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2009, 09:02:26 pm »
Red BTTF all the way! :applaud:

brock.sampson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2018, 10:11:41 pm
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:20 pm »
Agree, red is better.
DOC! YOU HAVE A TABLE OVER THERE WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS, "LASER DEATH RAY BARGAIN BIN!"

csa3d

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2011, 08:16:35 am
  • Will game for food
    • Galaxian Mame Conversion
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2009, 12:30:22 am »
You're game loading screen has got to be a giant pic of "doc" saying "Great Scott!"  If you're gonna do this, go all out.  I'd love to see some LED Flux Compasitor action on the sides too, utilizing LED Blinky screen saver or something.

FYI, your joystick/button holes are flipped horizontally.  Typically the joystick goes on the left of the buttons.

-csa

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:52 am »
FYI, your joystick/button holes are flipped horizontally.  Typically the joystick goes on the left of the buttons.

-csa

Not in Greece they're not. ;)

Love BTTF! One of my favourites! Definitely add some flux capacitor's on the side! And I hope you are making all this artwork available! ;D

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2014, 02:13:46 pm
  • Da Daaah Da Daaah Da, Da Da Daaah Da
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 09:32:36 am »
Hey dkssprs,

I was making a BTTF Themed cab, but have decided to take my cab in a different direction.

I have this which you could feel free to use, as I'm not using it anymore.

I have a Vector version of it if you would like it, so you can make it as big as you want.

Nice looking bartop btw :D

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 11:52:49 am »
That sounds great!!!!!  :)
i would love to use it on my cab cause the back to the future theme isnt going to change.
I will defently name my cab "Back to the arcade"
Please send it in vector format
Thank you for your interest

IT LOOKS GOOD
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:39:07 pm by dkssprs »

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 12:40:26 pm »
Here you go, just uploaded it to Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDA3JK7I

SVG format :)  (Exported with Inkscape, Transparent Background)

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 12:54:53 pm »
Here you go, just uploaded it to Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDA3JK7I

SVG format :)  (Exported with Inkscape, Transparent Background)

i open it with incskape but i get "linked image not found"  :dizzy:
I do something wrong?

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:40 pm »
Hmm, nah probably i'm doing something wrong.

Give me a little while, i'll try to figure it out.

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:50 pm »
Heres the proper one, sorry bout that:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCI79MK7

wooowman93

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2014, 03:56:02 pm
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 04:08:21 pm »
Take the Mame logo out of the marquee seriously that runes it

system01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 11:57:06 pm »
... a little late here, but if youre going with BTTF, you gotta hunt down some of this laminate (http://www.formica.com/publish/site/na/us/en/index/metal/colors_collections0/metal_laminate.html)  - #2178. ;D

Then, just to make the thing start, you have to apply 1.21 jiggawats.  Maybe install a couple of these recessed in the sides (http://www.monkeyrivertown.com/brains.php?ART=641).

You could even label your buttons with that same punch-o-matic lettering!

And then you could hang a photo of yourself half-faded on the marquee, and then fight the urge to sleep with your mom. :laugh2: 

I digress, I would go with the red.

Keep it up!

ale8oneboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2010, 04:19:38 pm
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2009, 09:25:25 am »
I agree with the punch-o-matic for labeling the control board. Might be interesting to have some wiring loop down the sizes. Kinda like the wiring going down the size of the car. But not too much of an over kill.

If you could figure out how to get the Mr. Fusion to power the thing, then you could solve the global energy crisis as well. But I don't wanta put too much pressure on ya... Nice design, I'd say go for the red!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2009, 01:36:33 pm »
Ok here i am so....lets go

1. I was about to take the MAMe logo off the marquee.I was thinking that isnt matching the theme.So MAME logo is OUT. :cheers:

2.System1...i cant understand where do you suggest to put the stainless laminate.please explain i dont get it. ::)

3.I dont think that there is much space to have a flux capacitor.But defenetly there sould be something to reminds it! I was thinking to have a screensaver showing a flux capacitor and the monitor bezel have the messages like "SHIELD EYES FROM LIGHT" etc

it will look like this

4."You could even label your buttons with that same punch-o-matic lettering" What is the punch-o-matic lettering??!! Do you mean the font type for the BTTF logo?I already use this font for labeling the buttons for exit pause P1 P2.

5.I think red is the best of those two.  :cheers:

system01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2009, 04:08:25 pm »
This is the punch-o-matic.  I had one when I was a kid and it was called comething like that: .  Here in the US, these things can be found at dollar stores.

Attached is a quick mock up I did.  I like your bezel, so I threw that in there.  I also put some cheesy gray Delorean Vinyl on the control panel, but it doesnt really work.  The rest is all that stainless stuff.

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2009, 08:03:52 am »
Now that looks crazy!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »
Today was a bad day.Cause the dimensions of the back panel are little wrong. :banghead:
I am thinking of making a metal back panel and not woody! I like metal so i will go for it.
The good things for today is that exept the backpanel all the other parts are mounted really nice in the cab.The view angle of the monitor is perfect (i was being worried about that all this time i build the bartop)Sunday ii will paint it.RED is the colour.

look at this beauty.... :cheers:  :)....

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:19:09 pm by dkssprs »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:18 am »
At last....a have started painting my cab.  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:  :cheers:

First step is sprayed a liquid whick here in greece we call it surfacer.It is used to make the first surface on the wood.
Tomorow i will spray the red shiny colour.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dorian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2011, 03:45:31 am
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 05:58:18 am »
Great work, i like the idea with the "punch-o-matic" labels! Looks like the original DeLorean time machine labels!  :applaud: just great! But a small flux capacitor would be great at both sides with this chain of lights we know from Christmas! looks like the original flux capacitor ;)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:00:55 am by Dorian »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 08:11:50 am »
Thanks for your kind words :)

I also like the theme very much. But i think the 2 fluxs capacitors you suggest is way to much. Also there is no space for that idea.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: BTTF BARTOP-ARTWORK UPDATE
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 06:09:04 am »
Here is a new marquee i have made by myself.I am not good at that part of the project but i am trying.... :banghead:

plz say your opinion about the marquee and PLZ make suggestions for changes so it looks better.

here is the cp artwork.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:22:17 am by dkssprs »

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
Re: BTTF BARTOP-MARQUEE UPDATE
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 07:33:35 am »
I like it!

Can you attach the image instead of adding it in through hosting, the marquee looks a bit grainy in the image.

The black/blue on the marquee should be changed to more of a grey style gradient to match the CP more.

Also, the clock bit on the left has had a section cut of at the bottom.

Lastly, the "E" in the "exit" on you CP is a different angle from the other "E's".

Apart from that you look ready to roll! :applaud:

Franco B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 08:30:58 am »
Looks great.

I would try to finish the edge of the clock off where it been chopped if possible.

Great theme. Shame you are not using the Bub n Bob artwork though. Its too good not to use, I may may use it myself at some point if you dont mind dkssprs/thatitalian.

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:25 am »
Only if you pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :P

I don't mind! Feel free to use it, and if you want any editing let me know!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2009, 11:10:23 am »
Franco B ....feel free to use any of the artwork in this topic. Bubble bobble would be a great theme but i wanted something more neutral. BTTF is totaly my style.But you are right ....shame on me...bubble bobble is a legend.(i think the creator of BB died few months ago)

Now about the BTTF artwork
I am not capable to finish the clock......no skills for that :cry:

What grainy means..?And whats the difference between attach and hosting?

Thatitalian .....you are right.I have to match the cp bagkground with the marquees background

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2009, 12:57:03 pm »
Grainy means that the quality is not very good, it seems pixelated.

I think it is because you hosted through imageshack. Use the actual copy you have, reduce the size by 75% then attach it. That way I can tell more if the image is sharp.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:53 am »
At last.... :cheers:

The cab is red and now i can mount all the hardware parts.
I am so proud.
Take a look at the photo...which isnt that good.I will upload new and better photoes tomorrow.

abzman2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2020, 06:25:12 pm
  • I LIKE my hat!
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »
dude, this is one of the coolest concepts I have seen yet, right up there with the buckaroo bansai themed cab

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: BTTF BARTOP-AlMOST DONE !!!!!
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2009, 10:35:42 am »
The cab is almost ready for Time travel.
The only things need to be done are printing the  artwork and do the wiring for the cp and the cab .

It's ALIVE :cheers:

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
Re: BTTF BARTOP-ALMOST DONE !!!!!
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2009, 10:44:57 am »
Wow - looking great!!  How is the viewing angle of the monitor?  It looks a little steep but I love the design...   :cheers:

In other news, last night I watched Back to the Future Part III.... for the millionth time.  It's not even that good of a movie but I still love it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:48:32 am by javeryh »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2009, 10:49:20 am »
The viewing angle is perfect if the cab is standing at a table like kitchen table.If you sit on a short chair and the cp is at your chest height then the view angle isnt that good.

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2009, 11:14:13 am »
Nice work! :applaud:

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2009, 03:54:30 pm »
Today i have made a little progress.
I have mounted the lights for the marquee.The lights are for pc case modding and i find them very handy cause the heart of the cabinet is a pc so....they are compatible.
I have sticked the light on the usb speakers i use.The lenght of the speakers is exactly the same with the lenght of the lights.

Here is the back panel of the cab.I have on it a big fan 14cm to flow the hot air outside the cab.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: BTTF BARTOP- DONE !!!!!
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2009, 04:51:47 pm »
I promise i will upload many many photoes of my completed project.Now i post only this cause i dont have my cam with me(this one is from my phone)

Thank you all for your great help the advices , solutions and your kind word.

I LOVE THIS CAB!!!

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
Re: BTTF BARTOP-DONE 100% !!!!!
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2009, 09:44:35 am »
NICE WORK BUD! :applaud:

I bet you love playing that thing! ;D

Make sure you post some more photos!!!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2009, 10:01:37 am »

above the pushbutton for power-on the cab it is written "PUSH FOR TIME TRAVEL"

And above the psu "Danger 1.21 JIGAWATTS"

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:04:08 am by dkssprs »

Ralman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2013, 09:53:17 pm
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2009, 11:39:55 pm »
Impressive!  Nice work.

The labels were a great idea.

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2009, 03:50:25 am »
What is BTTF?
*** Censored by NIVO *** ;D
Please can the board system be changed to allow the F word for Europe, Canada, Los Angeles/San Francisco/Seattle and Minnesota, and hide it for the rest of the USA and Australia? We have a totally different public opinion on it. Here it is a basic word like "AND".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:11:28 am by Blanka »

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2009, 03:51:06 am »
BLONDE  :dizzy:
Back To The Future.
Lameass! (myself)

XeviouS

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2016, 08:38:20 am
    • Noah's Arkade
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2009, 06:10:23 am »
It will never travel through time properly unless you make it out of stainless steel.

Luige11

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2009, 11:49:40 pm
Re: BTTF BARTOP- DONE !!!!!
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2009, 07:19:08 pm »
I promise i will upload many many photoes of my completed project.Now i post only this cause i dont have my cam with me(this one is from my phone)

Thank you all for your great help the advices , solutions and your kind word.

I LOVE THIS CAB!!!

What kind of mame is this? Also this great good job :applaud:

system01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2009, 12:06:37 am »
Good job and congratulations! :cheers:

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2019, 03:50:11 pm
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2009, 10:22:22 am »
Excellent job and a great looking cab! I notice that you have placed the pushbuttons on the left side of the joysticks, so I assume you are left handed? Or do you prefer it that way?
Finished project: "The Saloon Arcade" - 2 player upright cabinet

Joystick.net - Retro gaming news and reviews

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2009, 06:09:45 am »
Thank you for your kind words and i wish you good luck for your project.
I have been asked this question lots of times.....but i will answers it again cause i know that it is very weird to many people in here.
In greece we are used to play the joys with the right hand and when we were about to play with a joy at the left side we cross our hands

Franco B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2009, 06:16:20 am »
Looks great, I'm very jealous!  :)

Bet its great fun to play!

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2009, 07:09:46 am »
All my friends when they saw it they said "NO WAY" I am very proud of my project ... i cant tell you exactly how i feel cause my english are bad.But i am sure everyone knows how i feel. I am very proud... :)
The best moments with the cab are when i spend time with my girl challengign eachother at Puzzle bubble and when friends come for a coffee and they say like "how about a Golden Axe" or "Double Dragon".
These moment give my cab a special price.

lokesen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2013, 12:17:33 pm
    • WeeCade & Project MAME
Re: BACK TO THE ARCADE BARTOP-COMPLETED!!!!!
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2009, 08:34:03 am »
I really love the result, the "Back to the Arcade" theme looks fantastic. Cudos!
Weecade, Nanocade, Verticade, Project MAME and Taitorama

More to come...

ratzz

« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2009, 03:21:50 pm »
 :applaud:

Great paint job ... looks fantastic.

Well done buddy, a great cab and fantastic that you love it so much!  ;D

MaineEvent

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 10, 2015, 07:45:33 pm
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2009, 04:19:40 pm »
This control panel is the best! Where did you have it done?
What about the Flux-Capacitor or Mr. Fusion?

Very motivational piece! :applaud:
My Games:
Arkanoid

Kman-Sweden

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2015, 07:29:00 am
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2009, 03:46:38 am »
Sweet... :cheers:

Aceldamor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2019, 05:10:51 pm
  • You know you hear the music in your head...
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2009, 06:14:14 pm »
Now you need to do an intro animation of the flux capicitor for the windows loading screen...with an intro movie from the end of BTTF of Doc saying...."Roads, where we're going we don't need...roads", as the Delorian goes toward camera and flashes white straight to the game menus.

Very nice work on this cab..unique indeed.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman!

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 05:19:48 am »
Hey dkssprs,

heres an Intro video I did for my cab when I was gonna do it bttf style;

[youtube]dQsXkfYfJ30&fmt=18[/youtube]

Kman-Sweden

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2015, 07:29:00 am
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 06:25:26 am »
The Hardware Part

The monitor will be a LG FLATRON L1734S-BN 17''

CPU                 Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 478 socket
Motherboard   ASROCK P4I65GV
Ram                2GB
Harddisk         80GB
PSU                CHIEFTECH 450W

The controls part

1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, blue:    2,00Euro
1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, white:    2,00Euro
1x Seimitsu PS-14-D-BK, green:    2,00Euro
4x Sanwa OBSN-30, blue:    9,00Euro
4x Sanwa OBSN-30, white:    9,00Euro
1x 2P Start Button:    2,80Euro
1x 1P Start Button:    2,80Euro
2x Mag-Stik S, black:    39,00Euro
1x I-PAC ve:    35,95Euro

The frontend part

Maximus arcade http://www.maximusarcade.com/

Maybe I missed it but where did you get your controls parts? I'm asking because you payed in Euros and not Pounds or Dollars.. I'd like to find a store in Europe (that's not in GB) to buy stuff from.

thatitalian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 06:27:08 am »
AWESOME VIDEO!

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 06:38:31 am »
Great job!

I love the concept..

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

emphatic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:50:48 am
  • -"Suck it, Donny!" -"No, YOU suck it.... more".
    • Emphatic's Video Game Collection
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2009, 08:55:30 am »
Maybe I missed it but where did you get your controls parts? I'm asking because you payed in Euros and not Pounds or Dollars.. I'd like to find a store in Europe (that's not in GB) to buy stuff from.

Check out either www.arcadeshop.de (Lots of quality stuff) or www.arcadegames.se (cheap, but not bad stuff, great service). Also, do check out www.arkadtorget.se if you haven't already, great swedish community where we sell/trade/buy stuff as well.

Emph

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 10:14:06 am »
Nic cab, looks really nice.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 12:25:47 pm »
Hey dkssprs,

heres an Intro video I did for my cab when I was gonna do it bttf style;

[youtube]dQsXkfYfJ30&fmt=18[/youtube]

Thank you very much mate  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Your video is very cool.... i love the BTTF sounds and that is simple and short......fits perfectly to my cab
Could you please give my a link to download it (like mediafire) cause if i download it from youtube a cant change the format to make it compatible with maximus arcade.
thank you again i will install it (when i have it) and i will upload a video of the cab ...(i must find first a vdeo camera  :hissy: )
 i have a question...why did you choosed the SEGA  present??? Wouldnt be better like BTTA(logo) presents??just a thought.....

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2009, 01:35:47 pm »
Yeah, it was gonna be on my Astro City Cab.  I can change the Sega Presents to something else you want! :D

What format would u like it in? (for maximus arcade)

Gatsu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2017, 08:23:43 am
  • I'm not prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2009, 01:44:14 pm »
thats a pretty cool video.

I need something awesome for my cab intro as well....

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »
Yeah, it was gonna be on my Astro City Cab.  I can change the Sega Presents to something else you want! :D

What format would u like it in? (for maximus arcade)

i think we sould change SEGA presents with BTTA logo(back to the arcade).What you say? If you have better idea please try it...i trust you... :notworthy:
I am using maximus arcade frontend.  ;D

cboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2012, 02:09:29 am
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2009, 03:48:17 pm »
how wide is your cab? I'm trying to decide if im going to do 2 player or 1 player on my bartop. I have a 15' LCD monitor so I think im gonna stick with 1 player. just trying to get a feel for my options...

i think i want a fighter setup thou..hmm

Sosetsuken

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2009, 08:41:25 am »
Hey dkssprs,

Something like this? ;)

[youtube]EV8PRdrLaFs[/youtube]

Uploaded here mate:

Resolution: 640x480
Video Codec: Xvid
Audio Codec: MP3 192kb/s
Frame Rate: 29.97fps

:D

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:32 am »
how wide is your cab? I'm trying to decide if im going to do 2 player or 1 player on my bartop. I have a 15' LCD monitor so I think im gonna stick with 1 player. just trying to get a feel for my options...

i think i want a fighter setup thou..hmm

My cabs cp is 45cm wide. I think that the 15" inch monitor is too small for 2players cab. But there is ebough space for 2 players.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2009, 09:12:36 am »
Sosetsuken i think that the BTTA logo sould be at the first screen of the video.(what you think??)
But if we go for the BTTA logo i think it sould be more bolded .....what you say?

Also what you say removing the reflection effect at the BTTA logo....(also here need your opinion)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:14:24 am by dkssprs »

Haddock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2009, 01:24:54 am
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:48 am »
Great thread, and a wonderful result.

I am in the process of building one of these too.  Can you please tell me:

* how did you power your lcd monitor?  Off the PC PSU?  Any photos of this?

* did you just use USB speakers?  1W per channel?  Did they work well?

Thanks

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2009, 12:20:58 pm »
Great thread, and a wonderful result.

I am in the process of building one of these too.  Can you please tell me:

* how did you power your lcd monitor?  Off the PC PSU?  Any photos of this?

* did you just use USB speakers?  1W per channel?  Did they work well?

Thanks

Hello my friend and good luck with your project.
I powered the lcd monitor using the psu. I opened the psu and i mounted(if this is the right espression) a cable like this one

I cut it in the middle. Inside this cable are three cables...the one is the power cable the other is the groun and the other is the neutral.
Take these 3 cables and mount them inside the psu, at the three pins.
POWER SWITCH AND AC socket.
If you dont know how to mount them .....go to a electrician....its to easy for him to do that kind of work.
I hope i have help ypu.
Please feel free to ask everything....glad to help you.  :)

Haddock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2009, 04:24:10 am »
oh I see!  Thank you for your quick reply.  :cheers:

Your machine looks amazing.    :notworthy:

I'm at the early stage, just cutting out the mdf, getting ready to paint.  I've got a 17in LCD ready, a pc for parts, a 450W PSU (hope that is enough? What did you use?), and some new speakers.

What did you use for speakers?

And did you use the same part of the PSU to power the floerescent tube (light)?  That requires 12v right?

Thanks again!

Haddock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:44 am »
Actually, I've been thinking about it some more...tell me if I am wrong.  Generally speaking:

230v AC --> PSU --> 12v DC --> PC

My monitor has it's own power brick, so its:

230v AC --> LCD power brick --> 12v DC --> LCD

In your example photo above, you're taking your power cord and tapping into the 230v, and then I would be running it through a power brick to the LCD.  That's fine.

So I guess I have two options:

1. 230v AC --> PSU and LCD power brick --> 12v --> PC and LCD
2. 230v AC --> PSU --> 12v --> PC and LCD

If I do 1, I will need power brick, but it's easier to tap into AC like you did.
If I do 2, I won't need power brick, but rely on PSU for 12v DC supply.

I think I might do 1.

AM I RIGHT?  Or am I not making sense at all?   ;D

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 10:51:34 am
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2009, 04:51:46 pm »
I love the artwork and the cabinet.  Would you be willing to share the marquee and control panel artwork?  I'd like to do something in the same style, I love the marquee as is.  The control panel I'd need to modify heavily for my config.  I wouldn't know the first thing about creating those flames like you did for the tire trails.  I'd like to have those go direct into a trackball.

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »
Of course mate!
i will give you a link tomorow cause i must find the artwork where i have saved it.
I will give you the cp artwork with and without the buttons layers so you can do anything you want.
I will also give you the marquee.
All the files will be in AI format...is it ok?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:40:13 pm by dkssprs »

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »
wow late response by me... sorry.  are you still willing to share the artwork?  I'm definitely still very interested.  I'm just now getting close to where I can install them on my cab.

Thanks!

EDIT - nevermind, worked up something using the vector graffic here
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:58:11 pm by bratwurst »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
Re: BACK TO THE ARCADE BARTOP
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2011, 09:12:51 am »
I am about making a refresh at my bartops look.
I will change the buttons to red and black.
I desperately want to convert my joystick (Mag-Stik S, black) from bat top to ball top.
Is there a way to do that?Any ideas?

here is my joystick
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:22:10 am by dkssprs »

dams511

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2012, 09:52:01 am
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:17 pm »
Hello

I am building the same project as you a BTTA mamecab.
I m lookinf for the video with the BTTA logo but the link is dead.

Do you have it ? Is it possible to have it ?
My project is in grey color. I wait for the panel in metal to finish it.

Sorry I can t help you for your question about the Mag-stik ( impossible to find it in France)

Thanks for your information in this forum. they have very help me to do my dream : a mamecab !

Louis Tully

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 pm
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:55:24 am by Louis Tully »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 04:36:31 am »
Hello

I am building the same project as you a BTTA mamecab.
I m lookinf for the video with the BTTA logo but the link is dead.

Do you have it ? Is it possible to have it ?
My project is in grey color. I wait for the panel in metal to finish it.

Sorry I can t help you for your question about the Mag-stik ( impossible to find it in France)

Thanks for your information in this forum. they have very help me to do my dream : a mamecab !

Hi mate.

Here is the link for the btta intro.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0rfo94v21f7r17s

dams511

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2012, 09:52:01 am
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
Thanks for the link !! ;)

wrkey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2022, 10:40:33 am
    • The Game Preserve
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

I would like permission to use this image and if possible to get the Vector graphic of it.  I am co-owner of 'The Game Preserve' in The Woodlands, Texas and we are a Pinball and Video Arcade.   I also happen to own a De Lorean and a member of the De Lorean Owner's Club of Houston. 

I am planning on an event where the De Lorean Owners would bring their cars out (10 or more) and have a Back To The Arcade night.  If I could use the image it would be use for our Facebook page, website and posters.

Thanks in advance!

Rusty
www.gamepreservehouston.com

Hey dkssprs,

I was making a BTTF Themed cab, but have decided to take my cab in a different direction.

I have this which you could feel free to use, as I'm not using it anymore.

I have a Vector version of it if you would like it, so you can make it as big as you want.

Nice looking bartop btw :D

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »
Welcome aboard, Rusty.

Sosetsuken hasn't logged in for over a year.   :dunno

You might have better luck contacting him via e-mail -- go back to the post you linked and click on the icon under his username.

Scott
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:01:06 am by PL1 »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:00 am »

Merry christmas everyone and happy new year!!!  :applaud: :applaud:

Here is the latest looking of my cab after a small refresh.

I changed the battops to ball tops and chang the swanw with concave buttons with the right colors (black and red)

before

after

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »
Looks fantastic!  One of my favorite builds now even better!