Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JOUST !!!!  (Read 11508 times)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
JOUST !!!!
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:39 am »
Did I ever write I that I love this forum ? I think I did, but I think I will do it again:

I love this forum !!!

In the thread about the Williams FCPGA board I put up a question if there were any Williams cabs drawings around to build a replica. I also mentioned that Williams cabs are so hard to find here (except for a number of Defenders I've seen for sale here). Luigi from Germany (who has helped me out two times before already ! Thanks my friend !!) replied with a link to the drawings but even better, mentioned he thought he could get a Joust for me !

I was _baffled_ when I read that.........I've never seen a Joust overhere in the real, let alone one for sale.....
So, Luigi called his friend, the cab was still there and for sale and he picked it up for me  !!

I know you want pictures so here goes:
Right side looks great:

The modded CP, not too badly modded :) Looks like Zaccaria joysticks in there, and some of those Italian buttons I've seen once before. Wonder if they're ms or leaf....notice that the p2 stick is on the place where the flap button used to be....

Hey look, it has a European coin door ! That's interesting....

Left side:

Inside, a Hantarex monitor:

Jamma adapter begging for a multi-Willams FCPGA board  :laugh: Switcher PSU already in there too :)

Think it looks great. It's much better looking than I had expected. The cab has been converted to play Jamma games so that is now actually a pretty nice feature because I was planning this for Jrok's multi-Williams board from the start, which _is_ Jamma :)

As you can see they added some extra start buttons on the front on the CP, so I think they used the original start buttons as 2nd action button for the Jamma games.

I will be installing a Multi-Williams CP (from Arcadeshop) on it anyway. Another good friend from BYOAC and KLOV forums, Shillmover, is working on creating some nice artwork that will nicely fit the Joust cab.
Here's a pic:

(Here's the thread about all the versions he made:
http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=2&Number=970746&page=3&fpart=1&vc=1)

The monitor is supposed to be working although a bit slow starting. We'll see about that (caps ?).

I guess I'll also need a Joust marquee. (Although it might just be turned around ??) I'm not planning on putting a multi-williams marquee up there, they're too busy for my taste and I love the Joust one.

I always loved Joust. I never played it on the real cab until I went up to Funspot in 2006. I played it a lot on the Atari 8-bit series (pretty good conversion) and later the Atari ST.   I love it for it's unique, manic gameplay.
The added games of the multi-williams board are a big plus, although I'm not to keen on Defender's controls, at least I could try to master it a bit :D
I love Robotron too, although I'm not (yet) good at it).

Anyway, I will be picking this cab up next saturday. Expect some "road-trip" pictures here. I will have to drive about 4,5 hours into Germany to get to Luigi's place. It will be great to meet him and be able to see (and play) his collection of cabs which is HUGE ! :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:27:49 am by Level42 »

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
Re: JOUST !!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:28:30 am »
OMG, that's so cool. You really are getting your collection together.

Are you going to put all these cabse on a rotating device or something. Otherwise how can you admire all the lovely sideart  :P
This signature is intentionally left blank

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:36 am »
Hah, yeah, I think I already have too many cabs to fit in the gameroom before it's even finished :S

I was planning an leaving some space between the cabs so you could admire the side-art but I don't think I can hold on to that plan.

I might be getting rid of the Pleiads cocktail. To be honest, that was a bad buy. I was pretty green in buying classics then and it is in a terrible state (rust, laminate etc.) I've seen cocktails for sale a lot here and in very decent shape too, for about the same money I payed for it. Also, a cocktail eats up a lot of space... We'll see about it.  Maybe I'll keep it for my sons room. I also have some doubt over the Atari Domino's. I've seen a boardset for sale once only. And the game just sucks, let's face it. If it were a Tank it would be a whole different story......
Well, first finish the gameroom and then we'll see about that all.....

I still can't believe I found that Joust this way.....I will believe it when it's loaded in my car :)

A BIG  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: and  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: goes out to Luigi !
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:51:56 am by Level42 »

Singapura

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2015, 08:43:05 pm
  • I, for one welcome our new insect overlords!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 08:38:29 am »
I do remember playing Joust in several arcades in Amsterdam and Alkmaar. A very nice find!  :applaud:
Wish list: Galaga, Pacman, Pooyan, Star Wars cockpit, Gauntlet, Tron

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:14:04 am »
0_o

I'm moving to Europe...
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:21 pm »
I do remember playing Joust in several arcades in Amsterdam and Alkmaar. A very nice find!  :applaud:
Alkmaar ? Do you remember if they also had a SW cockpit there ? The seller of my SW told me it came from the province North-Holland......would be nice if it were that machine :)

calder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2009, 05:46:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
God, this only makes me want a joust cab more. i need joust.

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »
Alkmaar ? Do you remember if they also had a SW cockpit there ? The seller of my SW told me it came from the province North-Holland......would be nice if it were that machine :)
I played on a SW cockpit in Haarlem (arcade situated at the Botermarkt)
This signature is intentionally left blank

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 05:48:22 pm »
Aha !

Would you recognize it ;) ;)

I'm pretty sure there probably have not been many of them overhere.....let's say, a handful ?

O, uhm, sorry, back on topic !

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 09:18:26 am »
Just discovered (on Jamma+ forum) that there are actually Euro versions of Williams cabs, and by the looks of the coin door I bet this one is one of those. The CP set-up is supposed to be not matching with the US CP, at least the CPO holes of the Aracadeshop CPO doesn't match the Euro CP.

Check this out:
http://www.robotron-2084.co.uk/joustcpo.html

Not a problem for me as long as the entire US CP (multi) will fit on the Euro cab.....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:23:02 am by Level42 »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »
The Ostrich and the Stork have just landed. Bit funny, it's the last cab I bought, but the first one to get into the gameroom (although far from finished....).

I had a great trip to Luigi, he was as kind as I expected he would be from the previous PMs and e-mails we exchanged, great guy and he has the best classic arcade video game collection in Western Europe I think. All original hardware and some fine cabs !!!!

Luigi, thanks for a great morning spent in your arcade, thanks for a great cab, it is safe and sound in it's new home :)

I hope I will see you when my gameroom is finished, as mentioned you and Dirk are invited :)

The Joust is definitly a Euro version. I bought a marquee from e-bay but I fear it won't fit.

The cab is pretty compact compared to some others. It was much easier to fit in my car than the Centipede and the Meteor.

Pics will follow tomorrow....

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 05:50:15 pm »
As promissed, some pics...

Friday night: drive to Luigi ! 4 hours driving to do from my work's office at Nijmegen:

I love German highways. I really do.
Not my cruising speed, but it's sure fun to be able to do this legaly (WHEN IT'S SAFE TO DO !):

Saturday morning,picture of the street where the Hotel that Luigi recommended was. I like "fachwerkhause":

My car. Dirty and "tired". It has served me well. I've driven over 175000 km's with it in the past three years. Almost 60000/year. It will be replaced on jan. 12th so this was it's last "haul" :D

Some coin-op machines that are extinct in The Netherlands:

NO WAY that "outside" cigarette machines are still legal here. I could even buy a beer at the BK I ate AND they sold beer at the gas-stations that I stopped. All not allowed here. Stupid government here wants to decide EVERYTHING for us !

At 9.00 Luigi came to pick me up. We had never met before and it was a friendly meeting indeed !
Directly drove up to Luigi's gameroom. I could only dream off the amount of space he has.

All the busy talking about games and of course playing them made me forget to take pictures, but Luigi has pics and videos here:

http://www.thludwig.de/arcade/event_2008-03-22.htm

The collection is simply amazing, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest collection of classics in western Europe. However, a Star Wars cockpit is still missing and Luigi jokingly offered to trade a couple of his cabs for mine.......sorry my friend, no dice  :laugh:

Time flies when you're having fun and way too soon it was time to load up the Joust. Luigi was a bit worried if the cab would fit in my car, but I was confident. The euro-Joust is pretty compact. It's definitely smaller than the Centipede and Meteor that I've transported in my car without any problems. So this was an easy fit:

I did take a picture of Luigi's Joust cab (which was great to play together !) because the marquee is missing on mine and I bought one from e-bay but it's a US one so it won't fit.....

Back on the road again, goodbye hills, back to my flat-flat country :) But we'll meet again for sure !

Fastest Joust ever ?:

But remember, ONLY drive that fast when it's SAFE !:

At least some spare parts sold for the American automobile industry ;)

After 4,5 hours travel, safe back home, and put the Ostrich in it's "cage" :D

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:00:23 pm by Level42 »

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:09:04 am »
Nice pick up! 
My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 06:39:53 pm »
Today Jrok's multi-Williams board arrived, and since my Joust cab is Jamma anyway, I figured I'd give it a test run:

The monitor fires up reaaaaaaaaaal slow. I could hear crackling sounds under the HV cup and I smelled the nice air of ionization around the back of the cab. Later the crackling silenced and there was a reasonable picture. I'm pretty sure a cap-kit and some good cleaning will fix this monitor.

Anyway, it was fun to play my first games of Joust and Robotron !!! What a great product that board is !  :cheers: :applaud:

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:13 pm »
That monitor firing reaaal slow may be the symptom of a weak tube which a cap kit won't fix. I had a G07 tube that took about a minute to fully come up. It was a good candidate for a tube swap.  You might get some good results out of a rejuvenation, I haven't gotten a chance to try that yet.

Of course I could be totally wrong. Monitors can be strange, but what you've getting tube wise sounds like what I've experienced with a weak tube. At any rate, nice to see that you're getting some use out of that cab. Seeing these new "multi williams" boards makes me want a Williams machine even more!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:01:52 pm by Mauzy »
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 02:22:31 am »
You could be right, but that crackling sound makes me think the HV is leaking under the cup. Usually caused by dirt/smudge that conducts a bit to the ground shield of the tube.  The overall brightness is just pretty low (the picture actually makes it better looking and I had to take that shot in the dark, check out the picture where my son is playing for a more realistic look with light on.

Anyway, I've actually bought two of those Hantarexes a couple of months ago that I can swap in there. Not sure how those two are, never tested them but a good way/reason to do that now :)

Luigi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2021, 11:28:40 am
  • Collecting/restoring cabs
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 03:01:41 am »
Damn....André, you are very busy here :)  I have to check your new postings more often ;)

It was a great pleasure to meet you and if one is worth picking up the Joust cab for then it's you!!  :applaud:

And no, I don't think we have the largest collection of classics in western europe. I'm pretty sure there are larger and better collections that are kept "underground" :) And there are some "must have" cabs missing: Defender, Tempest, Tron and, of course: Star Wars. We might get our hands on an upright version. Not the real deal but finding a cockpit is like the search for the holy grail   ::)

That Multi-Williams-PCB looks damn good....I guess I gotta have one sooner or later....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:07:30 am by Luigi »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 03:41:03 am »
Damn....André, you are very busy here :)  I have to check your new postings more often ;)

It was a great pleasure to meet you and if one is worth picking up the Joust cab for then it's you!!  :applaud:

And no, I don't think we have the largest collection of classics in western europe. I'm pretty sure there are larger and better collections that are kept "underground" :) And there are some "must have" cabs missing: Defender, Tempest, Tron and, of course: Star Wars. We might get our hands on an upright version. Not the real deal but finding a cockpit is like the search for the holy grail   ::)

That Multi-Williams-PCB looks damn good....I guess I gotta have one sooner or later....
Thorsten, thanks so much for your kind words, and indeed it was a great pleasure to meet !  The Joust will be going to receive a lot of love and care as soon as the MB is done.... :D

Well maybe it's not the largest collection, at least it is a very nice and impressive collection !  There will always be "must have" cabs for sure. My grail right now is a Q*bert. However, I already don't have enough room in the new gameroom for my current collection :S Gonna have to let go of one or two.....
An upright SW is still very nice. Sure the cockpit is the ultimate but indeed "impossible" to find. I still can't believe that I actually found one !  I have thought about your offer to swap a number of your cabs for my cockpit but.....it's still no thank you  :laugh2:

Jrok's multi-williams board is a dream come true. No more annoying Williams hardware issues, gameplay 100% original....and multiple games, what else would you need. And it was great to be able to simply plug it into the Jamma connector of the Joust and play :)

Again, thanks SO much for letting me have this one, Joust has always been one of my favorite games and I'd never thought I would actually ever really own one !

In spring time there will be a "grand" opening.....would be great if you could make it overhere :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:47:20 am by Level42 »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 07:30:10 pm »
Jrok's multi-williams board is a dream come true. No more annoying Williams hardware issues, gameplay 100% original....and multiple games, what else would you need. And it was great to be able to simply plug it into the Jamma connector of the Joust and play :)

+1

And while you folks in Europe have the disadvantage of not having the easy access to cabinets that we have in North America, you guys do seem to have huge amounts of support for each other.

:applaud:
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Luigi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 01:56:51 pm »
Yeah Jeffo. Getting parts over here is mostly very hard and sometimes impossible and you need friends that keep their eyes and mind open for the stuff other collectors need. I found the Joust cab by chance and when I saw that André was searching a Williams cab I knew what I had to do :) 

But sometimes you need friends in USA, too. Friends who ship parts over here when sellers refuse to ship them outside USA. This way (thanks to Retroshaun)  I finally got a decent populated controlpanel for my Stratovox that will soon be playable :) :)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:36 pm »
What's with the buttons up front of the panel?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 05:01:18 pm »
Read my friend, read.

It's been converted to Jamma. The buttons on the front of the CP are P1 and P2 now. The original P1 and P2 are 2nd buttons for the Jamma game that was once inside. Seems very comfy to play (not).

Drilled out the lock of the coin door the other day so I could open the CP and get out the monitor. The leaf buttons are what I more or less expected, those strange (Italian ?) set-up with metal brackets carrying the leafs.

Took out the monitor. It's a Hantarex 900. Not the 900E version though !
To say it was dirty....mwah....

More pics/info about the monitor here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89744.0

Took out the bezel. It's glass actually.

I was actually a bit surprised. Sure I had seen the holes in the paint on the top, but otherwise it looked ok. Those fine lines don't really show when it's on the cab because of the dark/black background.

:

Ah, the obvious operator sticker, let's remove it !

On 2nd sight, better not...... :angry: :angry:

Those a-holes actually scraped away part of the instructions to put their operator plate behind it  :angry: :angry: :banghead:

It still amazes me how much freaking dirt you get from those things....

So, anyone have a Euro-Joust bezel for sale ;)

Lecithin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2012, 10:15:48 am
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »
I could read these all day... oh wait, I do.

I just read/saw your game room and now this!

I'm moving your way and buying a nearby house so I can sneak in and play at night

Paladin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2022, 05:13:19 pm
  • Mmmm llamaburgers!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 09:08:40 pm »
Couldn't you carefully cut the tape with a hobby knife?

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 09:26:24 pm »

I think you missed where the actual bezel paint was scraped off for the card to be shown through.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 02:20:58 am »

I think you missed where the actual bezel paint was scraped off for the card to be shown through.
Yup, removing it would leave a big hole in the instructions section.  :cry:

I will be measuring the bezel and marquee, just for the record. I think I've decided to cut the US marquee to fit. It will cover up some of the edges but it's better than what I got now. What's the best way to cut an existing plexi marquee ? Front or back ? Knife ? Guess a saw would heat up the plexi ?

Lecithin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2012, 10:15:48 am
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 06:18:58 am »
You could use a plastic cutting knife. It basically scores the plexi and then you snap it off

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:28 pm »
OK, just for the record (my record probably ;) ):

Euro-Joust marquee: HxW = 14.5 cm. x 57.5 cm.
Euro-Joust bezel:      HxW = 53.8 cm. x 57.7 cm.

Note that I measured the marquee from the (fake) plexi that was in my cab now, so it could be a bit off, but at least this fits.

I've looked at cutting the US marquee again. I will be able to get most of the graphics in there, but the marquee retainers will cover part of the Williams logo and the top of the flames will be cut off.

Thorsten, could you scan your Joust marquee (and maybe correct the sizes I got) ? I think I prefer to get a repro done instead of cutting up the US marquee.

Luigi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 03:36:51 am »
André, I'm sorry to read that the cab turned out worse than it looked on the first glance :(

I will try to scan the marquee and paste the parts together as good as possible.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 05:53:58 am »
Not at all Thorsten !!! I never expected it to be in top-condition so please don't get this the wrong way :)

I'm glad that you helped me getting this one at all !! Never dreamed to find a Joust and I'm very happy to have it. It just needs work, exactly what I expected ! (Esp. for that price ! :))

Thanks for your help on the scanning, there's no rush :) !

IronBuddha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2018, 11:36:27 pm
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 03:49:29 am »
I know no one has posted in this thread for a while but I was curious on how the Joust cab was coming along.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 04:56:46 am »
It's waiting in line to be worked on. It actually works now and with the current set-up I can play Robotron and Joust. (Most important two games for me). I can only work on so many cabs at a time. At this moment the SW is getting "the full treatment". After that it will be the Meteor, Puckman, Joust.....Asterock !

IronBuddha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2018, 11:36:27 pm
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 05:21:26 am »
Well I'll definitely keep a look out on this thread. I'm new to restoring and my first project is actually Joust.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 02:28:39 am »
Since I was working on the SW metal parts I figured I could do a couple of others in "one go" so I got the metal parts from the Joust to sand them and paint them.

Well, turned out to be not so easy ! It seems the metal parts on the Euro-Joust are aluminium (or at least something else then straight steel). Also the coating was _extremely_ well applied. It has a little structure and I don't know how it was applied but it was impossible to get it off with my ex-centric sander. Only the edges would come off.....

The insides of the parts were never painted in the factory. Since there's no rust, I guess this is aluminium ?

This is going to need some wire-wheeling....

MaximRecoil

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2022, 09:50:44 pm
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:05 pm »
That's definitely not a USA-style Williams Joust cabinet; it looks nothing like one. The contours are completely different, plus the marquee area doesn't protrude as much. It does have my favorite part of a Joust cabinet though; that awesome sideart. Joust has my favorite sideart of all time.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 02:47:17 pm »
I never said it was a US Joust did I ?

It's a Euro Joust all the way. More compact, Hantarex monitor, you name it.
Bad thing about it is that I can't find any original parts for it like CPO, marquee etc.

Still have to measure if the side-art is the same size as the US. If that's not so, I'm going to cry.....

MaximRecoil

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2022, 09:50:44 pm
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 03:11:28 pm »
I never said it was a US Joust did I ?

I never said that you said it was a US Joust did I?

I used the term "USA-style". For example, you have a European Centipede if I remember right, but its cabinet is a USA-style cabinet (meaning they didn't change the contours of it for European manufacture). Now your Joust is clearly not a USA-built Joust (which goes without saying), but it is also not a USA-style Joust either. I'm surprised at just how different they decided to make it.