Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Adjusting the width of the screen? Wells G Monitor Model 7193  (Read 1366 times)

Igorr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2009, 10:22:08 pm
Adjusting the width of the screen? Wells G Monitor Model 7193
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:24:19 am »
I just hooked up my computer to my 1991 spiderman cab.  The monitor is a wells 25k7193.  I loaded some software that came with the video card (ulultimarc version 2).

Once I loaded the disc and stuff the picture got a lot better, it was kinda crappy before I loaded the drivers.  BUT it is still kinda crappy, wavy and stuff.

Should I do a cap kit?  I kinda think so, by reading the above stuff, BUT the games look pretty good, considering. 

The bad "look" really only occurs on the windows screen.  Kinda hard to read things, words are blurry and stuff, but the games look pretty good.

AND I cant adjust the width of the screen ONLY the height.   I bought that video amp wire and hooked up the existing white wire thing and plugged it directly into the monitor. 

I hooked up the red, green, blue and ground to the corresponding places.  I also hooked up the white wire to the sync.  AS you can see, the sync wire goes the second pin down and then branches to the top pin.  That is how the original machine was wired.  Is that correct?  There is a blank spot on the bottom of my amp. 

Check the pic here:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/Igorr/Monitor/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:11:25 pm by Igorr »

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Adjusting the width of the screen?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:02:26 pm »
I'm guessing Windows screens will be interlace on your monitor. Hence your monitor appears fine.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Igorr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2009, 10:22:08 pm
Re: Adjusting the width of the screen? Wells G Monitor Model 7193
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:12:10 pm »
No one has any input on this issue?  Read 240+ times and really no help. 

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Adjusting the width of the screen? Wells G Monitor Model 7193
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:06 pm »
Horizontal size (a.k.a. width) coil adjustment is shown on this website:

http://jstookey.com/arcade/WG_25k7191/