Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TECH: Jurassic Park Knocker  (Read 2726 times)

Obi-Wan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2012, 08:06:45 pm
TECH: Jurassic Park Knocker
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:54:12 pm »
This is my first pin.  I bought it from an operator a few months ago the cabinet and playfield look great.  There were a lot of issues that I have since taken care of and the game is playing great. The only thing missing is the Knocker assembly; the plate is there but no knocker. I figured someone along the road used it to replace the Raptor pit laser kicker.
I have the JP original manual but the knocker does not appear to be listed.  There are two wires lying on the bottom of the cabinet below the flipper board in the vicinity of the plate and the three hole pattern in the bottom of the cabinet.  The wire colors are Purple with green banding and the other is solid brown.  I bought a new Data East knocker assembly from Pinball life and am ready to install it, but I’m not sure which wire I solder to which post on the coil.  If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: TECH: Jurassic Park Knocker
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 02:09:50 pm »
I don't have a manual, but in general the solid color wire (brown) is probably the +50v or +30v to the cathode (banded) side of the coil diode.

Obi-Wan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2012, 08:06:45 pm
Re: TECH: Jurassic Park Knocker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:47:45 pm »
Thank you for the quick response Ken. I just attached the wires and ran a coil test and It works great.  You are awesome!  Thank you.