Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Galaga Machine project - It's now ALIVE!  (Read 11158 times)

Mauzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
Re: Galaga Machine project - It's now ALIVE!
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:21 am »
heat gun!!!
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 08:31:53 am »
The reason it is difficult is because the temperature is so low. In the summertime, you hardly even need a heat gun. Get a corner started, heat a 6" patch, peel it off. It will probably take you about 2 hours/side with the low temps we are having at night.

If you want to speed things up, put a space heater in the area and heat the whole side of the game.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 09:47:19 am »
At least you're trying to remove a piece on laminate that's fairly small.  Try Removing the entire side of a Galaxian cab sometime.

Cyberflexx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2012, 03:40:10 pm
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 11:53:37 pm »
I had to stop working on my galaga for a little bit.  we have had to water leaks in 2 weeks at my house in my family room.  Last Sunday, my wife heard water dripping, I ran downstairs and the glass table was soaked, ceiling fan had water running out of it and the carpet was soaked.  Thank goodness it didnt get the piano or my bigscreen/home theater stuff.  Then yesterday, when i was downstairs with a contractor, we noticed that the floor was wet in another area and the water had leaked from the main shutoff valve from where i had turned the water off to repair the 1st leak.  This leak was in a closet that goes underneath our stairs and in a little storage area in the back of the closet that you have to crawl to get into.  the plywood floor was soaked, plywall wall section was soaked at the bottom along with the carpet that is in the closet was soaked and all of our christmas decorations that were not in plastic storage boxes, were soaked. We fixed the valve that day and  I ripped out all of that plywood last night and we had a dehumidifier running to help pull out the moisture. 

Just a little setback, then this weekend we are going on vacation for a few days so i'm sure i'll get back working on them in a couple weeks.  I just hate to see how much new carpet is going to cost for the whole entire family room..