Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATOMIC FE HELP  (Read 1176 times)

heinekenlvr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 01:27:17 pm
ATOMIC FE HELP
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:52:21 am »
Hi all,
I have a couple of questions about ATOMIC.
First the background.
I am running Shiftermame and using Atomic as my FE. I have an opti pac (steering wheel control) and an a-pac (shiter and gas pedal control) hooked into my computer via 2 usb ports.

My first question:  when I start ATOMIC it loads to the games list. No problem there so far. My problem is ATOMIC (when in the game list) thinks that a button is being continually pressed. I know this because of the constant 'pinging' noise. If I unplug the A-Pac and restart Atomic the problem is solved. I think the problem is related to the shifter and how it is treated in shiftermame but I could be wrong. Is there any way to correct the problem??

The other question that I have realtes to key mapping. When ATOMIC is in the game list I can not use my steering wheel to make game choices. I must use the keyboard arrows. What I would like is to use the steering wheel to chose the game then step on the gas to execute the game and have a separate button to escape. How does one go about doing something like that??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
Re: ATOMIC FE HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:13:06 pm »
You will need to reconfig Atomic to handle the steering wheel. It probably is seen as a mouse in Windows. Open AtomicManager.exe, change the control to Mouse\Trackball and hit Save. See if that works for you. Hopefully, that will also clear up the pinging as well.

Key mapping is going to be a bit problematic as Atomic is mostly setup for keyboard controls only. Have you tried using the AtomicKeys.exe to change your key mapping?

youki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2016, 01:07:33 pm
  • Atomic Front End Creator
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:26 am »
Hi,

this thread on my support forums could help you.

http://spaceinvaders.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=8391#8391

heinekenlvr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 01:27:17 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:06:49 am »
Thanks for the replies!

Havok, I'll definitely try and change the control to mouse/trackball and see if this helps. I have tried changing the key mapping using AtomicKeys.exe but without success.

Youki, I read your support thread. Based on what I have read, I think I may need to use joy2key to change the keys. I'll give both of your suggestions a try!!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:16:53 am by heinekenlvr »

youki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2016, 01:07:33 pm
  • Atomic Front End Creator
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:57:26 am »
You can also use something called : XPadder , i think.

that's similar to Joy2Key but may be better.