Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Controls.dat type list for consoles?  (Read 8706 times)

natorious

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 09:55:39 pm
Controls.dat type list for consoles?
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:51:44 pm »
I've been playing around with CPWizard and have had some success with showing what each control is for Mame.  I'm now looking at doing the same for some consoles (N64, NES, etc.).

Before I went down the path of trying to manually type in what each button did for each console game, I was wondering if there was some sort of project or file or something that listed what each of the controls were for some of the console games.

I did a search on the forums and in Google but nothing came up, so I figured I'd post and see if anyone else has ever heard of a solution.  Apologies if this is a question that comes up all the time.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:03:23 pm by natorious »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Controls.dat type list for consoles?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:09:21 am »
I've actually started work on an app to configure the controls for emulators (other than mame) for use with LEDBlinky. The output should be similar to controls.xml.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:58:56 am »
Arzoo, have you seen the controls.dat app that headkaze recently wrote? Unless your app is somehow different it might be better not to reinvent the wheel.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:18:22 pm »
Arzoo, have you seen the controls.dat app that headkaze recently wrote? Unless your app is somehow different it might be better not to reinvent the wheel.

I have - it's very slick! In some sense it does much more than I need. But it's also missing some data more specific to LEDBlinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:08:33 pm »
Hey Arzoo I'm going to e-mail you about this as I think I might be able to help out.

EDIT: LMAO I just got your e-mail about it hehe :dizzy:

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 12:07:49 pm »
So the question still remains...Has anyone put any kind of a controls.dat file together for any consoles?