Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Patrickl's whacky news  (Read 38511 times)

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
Patrickl's whacky news
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:14:25 pm »
This is one of the biggest WTF clips I saw lately:
Women dice with death on M6

Two Swedish blond women (twins) want to die on a highway. Police tries to stop them ...

Then for something completely different ... rumour has it that Hugh Heffner asked Sarah Palin to feature in Playboy when she doesn't win the election with that old dude as her partner.

Sarah Palin's Playboy Spread (Photos)

Then some Dutch news. Two terrorist suspects were apprehended in a KLM airplane ready to take off from Cologne Germany to Amsterdam. Rumours were that they were going to attempt to fly the plane into a Dutch target. Later the 2 men turned out to be on "holiday".

Police in Germany storm KLM flight to arrest 2 terrorism suspects

on a sad note, Paul Newman died of cancer at age 83.
:edit: Ah, ratzz started a Paul Newman thread a minute after mine http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=85021.msg890527;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:26:14 pm by patrickl »
This signature is intentionally left blank

ratzz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Patrickl's whacky news
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:34:18 pm »

Two Swedish blond women (twins) want to die on a highway. Police tries to stop them ...

Yea I saw this one ... What the hell were they thinking?, or what the hell were they on?

Amazing!

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:37:44 pm »
Suicide.  It's more common like this than people want to think.  A couple of weeks ago a guy not far from here was wandering around neighborhoods with a huge knife screaming at people.  He was trying to goad cops into shooting him - they eventually got him nonfatally but had to put Officers at needless risk to do so.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »
Forgot to add one. A couple of Somali pirates hijacked a ship and probably to their surprise it was loaded with Russian tanks (on route to Kenya) Instead of realizing that Russians are better not messed with, they demand $35 million. The Russians send them a warship instead. Let's see them hijack that.

Ship Seized by Somali Pirates Carrying 33 Russian Tanks
Somali pirates demand 35 million dollars for 'tank' ship: official

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:03 pm »
Quote from: http://www.sundayherald.com/international/shinternational/display.var.2453784.0.0.php
Kenyan and Western officials said that an American warship is steaming toward the hijacked Ukrainian ship to intercept it, and the Russian Navy announced that it too was sending a frigate, named Neustrashimy Fearless, from the Baltic to the region. The commander of the Baltic Fleet, Viktor Mardusin, said the frigate will stay near Somalia "for more than two months in order to guarantee the safety of Russian ships".

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why American?  Seriously...?  The Russians can take care of themselves.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:45:31 pm »
Yeah I didn't quite get that either. Maybe they were there already because a lot of ships have been boarded in that region lately.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »
Yeah I didn't quite get that either. Maybe they were there already because a lot of ships have been boarded in that region lately.

Even if they were, unless they were American, not our problem.  Sadly, everybody's problems are our problems.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:21:49 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 12:03:10 am »
Quote from: http://www.sundayherald.com/international/shinternational/display.var.2453784.0.0.php
Kenyan and Western officials said that an American warship is steaming toward the hijacked Ukrainian ship to intercept it, and the Russian Navy announced that it too was sending a frigate, named Neustrashimy Fearless, from the Baltic to the region. The commander of the Baltic Fleet, Viktor Mardusin, said the frigate will stay near Somalia "for more than two months in order to guarantee the safety of Russian ships".

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

probably because they are closer. i actually think that is quite a good thing they are doing. although maybe they just want to be in Ukraines good books. which might be why russia is sending a ship too. its nice to be wanted (",)

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 12:05:26 am »

oh, and hefner is wrong. she should keep the glasses on! girls in glasses are hot!

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 02:13:53 am »
Even if they were, unless they were American, not our problem.  Sadly, everybody's problems are our problems.

I think the problem is that it can be. It doesn't mean we're going to see gangs using the Russian tanks in L.A. ().

I guess it basically boils down to the U.S. trying to control a bad situation and a good faith gesture towards another country. Americans need a few more brownie points nowadays.  :-\

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 02:17:06 am »

Those were cops?  They looked and acted like paramedics or something. They should've, and probably would've if it had been here, cuffed 'em and sorted it out in the back of a squad car.

Heff: I don't know what it is, but there's something about a really sexy-looking woman wearing glasses. Imagine what she's like when those glasses come off. It would be a new definition of the word vice in vice president."

Except she....wouldn't be vice president. That's how you got the gig! Jesus.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 02:19:38 pm »
I guess it basically boils down to the U.S. trying to control a bad situation and a good faith gesture towards another country. Americans need a few more brownie points nowadays.  :-\

It doesn't work that way for us.  We go in, no matter what we do, someone hates us.  Haven't people learned that yet?  We just need to stay out of other peoples' business.

BTW, the pirates can't even unload the tanks.  They don't have docks with that capability - it's right in the articles.  They can't sell them because they can't get them off the ship.  Plus if they do Russia will go in and exterminate them.  Russia doesn't eff around right now.

Ed_McCarron

• Nothing worse than Picard issuing the self destruct order and the next thing you know it your apartment blows up.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2022, 02:33:39 pm
  • Get your mind out of the gutter. THIS is a dongle.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »
Those were cops?  They looked and acted like paramedics or something. They should've, and probably would've if it had been here, cuffed 'em and sorted it out in the back of a squad car.

Its not the US... Only -our- cops are allowed to do stuff like that.  The other countries just blow their whistles and hope you stop...
But wasn't it fun to think you won the lottery, just for a second there???

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 02:38:26 pm »
BTW, the pirates can't even unload the tanks.  They don't have docks with that capability - it's right in the articles.  They can't sell them because they can't get them off the ship.  Plus if they do Russia will go in and exterminate them.  Russia doesn't eff around right now.
Yeah, it just boggles the mind how the pirates think this will end nicely for them. Or maybe this is a very elaborate suicide attempt.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 03:11:19 pm »
It doesn't work that way for us.  We go in, no matter what we do, someone hates us.  Haven't people learned that yet?  We just need to stay out of other peoples' business.

Don't the French have issues with us because we wouldn't help them? Leading into why the French wouldn't "help" us and that whole s/french/freedom/gi ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. You're right though, the U.S. has gotten stuck in this annoying, "damned if you do, damned of you don't," situation. In this case though, it seems the U.S. is moving in because the Russians isn't going to get there in time?  That's the impression I got from the articles.

I'd love to debate the topic further, but I don't know exactly what causes a thread to get sent to P&R.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 03:43:12 pm »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 05:29:03 pm »
You're right though, the U.S. has gotten stuck in this annoying, "damned if you do, damned of you don't," situation.

It's not hard to understand.  No matter what happens, after the game, someone hates the ref.  That's the life of the ref.  We need to stop playing the goddam ref.

In this case though, it seems the U.S. is moving in because the Russians isn't going to get there in time?

Again, how is that our problem?  This isn't a game.  These are the lives of American soldiers.  Russian tanks, Kenyan purchase, Somali pirates.  Why exactly do Americans need to be in danger here?

I'd love to debate the topic further, but I don't know exactly what causes a thread to get sent to P&R.

Judgment call... and I don't have P+R access.

Ed_McCarron

• Nothing worse than Picard issuing the self destruct order and the next thing you know it your apartment blows up.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2022, 02:33:39 pm
  • Get your mind out of the gutter. THIS is a dongle.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:28 pm »
Again, how is that our problem?  This isn't a game.  These are the lives of American soldiers.  Russian tanks, Kenyan purchase, Somali pirates.  Why exactly do Americans need to be in danger here?

International maritime law gets complicated.  Theres probably some clause that says if you're in the area and have the means to assist, you have to.
But wasn't it fun to think you won the lottery, just for a second there???

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 04:16:43 am »
Maybe these pirates could also attack an American ship? It's not like they are solving a russian problem. The pirates are a problem for all cargo ships going through there. They even attacked a US Navy supply ship.

Makes sense that the navy of whichever country would be interested in protecting the waters from these pirates.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 08:52:44 am »
International maritime law gets complicated.  Theres probably some clause that says if you're in the area and have the means to assist, you have to.

You have to assist in accidents and when people need emergency assistance.  I seriously doubt there is anything there about interceding when pirates seize a vessel.  If there were then why had that ship ignored the other 20 or so that were hijacked in the last month?

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 01:14:42 pm »
The boat has more than tanks. It's loaded with RPGs and other weapons too. The fear is if the pirates can make off with RPGs, etc they will be used in the Kenyan warfare Somalia going on and/or also make it's way to "tarrists!" via black market. Doesn't hurt for the US to participate in sending those ---smurfs--- to the seabed.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:05:53 pm by RayB »
NO MORE!!

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 01:41:51 pm »
The boat has more than tanks. It's loaded with RPGs and other weapons too. The fear is if the pirates can make off with RPGs, etc they will be used in the Kenyan warfare going on and/or also make it's way to "tarrists!" via black market. Doesn't hurt for the US to participate in sending those ---smurfs--- to the seabed.

Policing against what might happen is the reason we have to be everywhere all the time.  These are pirates... they could just as easily use those weapons themselves against nonAmerican targets.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 02:20:13 pm »
I think the police people on that first video seriously screw up in misjudging the situation. Unless they didn't get the information from what was seen on the security camera's. They've done it once, they'll try again.

And EVEN after the 2nd try they still don't jump on them....amazingly poor performance IMHO, especially for British cops who I generally regard to be tougher than our Dutch poofs.

About Palin: recently heared a part of an "interview" with her. That woman is not even capable of talking in complete sentences, let alone all the other nonsense she throws out.

I thought we'd seen it all with that clown called Bush, now we might end up with a one-cell-brain vice president.
I think I prefer an ugly woman with brains for that job.

Ahhh, I added a little Youtube and some comment, but then it would get political.

Let it be known that my statements are without any political influence. I'm just commenting about the persons involved.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:31:54 pm by Level42 »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 02:51:10 pm »

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  They don't jump on those chicks and the chicks do it again.  If they do jump on those chicks we get to see "British police committing sexual assault on camera" videos instead. 

People who want to die are going to find a way.  It's not the cops' fault.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 03:14:54 pm »
People who want to die are going to find a way.  It's not the cops' fault.

I'm not saying it's the cops faults that they want to kill themselves. I'm talking about handling this situation professionally. I can see why the first woman "escapes" but that second time AFTER _BOTH_ have been hit is just plain bad work.

I just don't understand why people who want to kill themselves get other people like lorry drivers, train drivers etc. involved. There are other ways if you must do it....

I was a bit shocked by the numbers I must say. 3 people each day kill themselves in Holland (on a population of 16 million). That's still only half of the 6 per day in Belgium, while that country only has less than 11 million people.

77 in the US each day, 141 in the European Union (!)......

Turns your stomach...

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 03:17:42 pm »
I just don't understand why people who want to kill themselves get other people like lorry drivers, train drivers etc. involved.

Cowardice.  They can't do it themselves.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 05:17:37 pm »

The Russians are claiming they had a few tanks stolen by pirates, that's embarrassing. 

If they are willing to admit they lost tanks imagine what's really on that ship.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 07:15:41 pm »
A bit old news, but the trial is starting up.

28 year old guy kills his 19 year old girlfriend and grills her in parts on his barbeques.

Houston Chronicle: Grisly details of A&M student's death will emerge at trial

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 12:06:44 am »
That'd be good with some chilli sauce.

Chef dies after eating 'super hot' chilli

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 02:20:03 am »
Ah yeah. Good combo. Maybe that chili would be good for the swedish twins too.

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 02:36:44 am »

In this case though, it seems the U.S. is moving in because the Russians isn't going to get there in time?

NATO. Ukraine wants to join. Russia doesn't want them to...

protokatie

• I DO try to be insulting and horrible to my fellow Terran
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
  • Is anyone here a member of team retard?
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 02:55:21 am »
More whacky news:

Ghost haunts gym in Kansas City (captured on surveillance camera)

Fruit fly (or similar) crawling around on the lens. The "light" (aka blurred fruit fly) never passes behind anything, nor does it change size as it goes further away from the camera.
--- Yes I AM doing this on purpose, and yes I DO realize it is pissing you off.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 03:02:54 am »
More whacky news:

Ghost haunts gym in Kansas City (captured on surveillance camera)

Fruit fly (or similar) crawling around on the lens. The "light" (aka blurred fruit fly) never passes behind anything, nor does it change size as it goes further away from the camera.

Yup there are quite a number of similar video's on youtube etc. Esp. those camera's that are inside a small dome are causing these images.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 04:03:49 am »
Yeah I was amazed that the security people said they had no idea what that spot on the image was. How can you NOT know that that was a bug on the lens? Still it's cute and whaaacky to see how people react to something like that.

protokatie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 06:06:04 am »
Yeah I was amazed that the security people said they had no idea what that spot on the image was. How can you NOT know that that was a bug on the lens? Still it's cute and whaaacky to see how people react to something like that.

They knew it, they are also in marketing and also know free advertising when they see it.

Lets face it, there is a market in selling cameras to whacky paranoid types, esp those who think your camera can capture ghost pictures better than the competitors.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 01:55:50 pm »

I love it.  Iran decided to solve the pirate problem themselves... they built a Pirate Trap.

patrickl

• Offline Offline
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 02:04:35 pm »

I love it.  Iran decided to solve the pirate problem themselves... they built a Pirate Trap.
Ha, ha, now that IS whacky  :P

More than a little scary that the Iranians might be ferrying nuclear materials around though.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 02:08:14 pm »
More than a little scary that the Iranians might be ferrying nuclear materials around though.

You don't build nuclear facilities, for power or weapons, without doing so. 

Now we know why the American ships are there.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 08:35:49 pm »
Just curious why this thread got stickied?

protokatie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »
Just curious why this thread got stickied?

Apparently American and Nederland jizm sticks together really well in SQL based databases... Either that, or Patrick asked Saint to sticky it, and saint liked it; so he did.

Im going with the Jizm theory, myself.