Main > Software Forum

Favorite Front End

<< < (86/87) > >>

Hoopz:

--- Quote from: markc74 on April 25, 2020, 07:13:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: JohnnyJedi on April 25, 2020, 05:15:31 pm ---Hmmm, you got votes from years ago. and maybe folks that are no longer active..   should be all from scratch now in 2020... new fresh poll... IMO....

--- End quote ---

You're right. Those 1462 people who voted have probably changed their mind.  :o

Most peeps setup a frontend. Get it working and leave it alone. Holding a new vote wont change the most popular ones IMO.

--- End quote ---
I think the only thing a new poll would accomplish is eliminating folks who were active on the site years ago but may not be now.  They wouldn't vote and it would eliminate votes for some older FEs.

This thread got into a little bit of a pissing match which wasn't the point of it. It wasn't supposed to be a popularity contest. Rather, we used to see a metric ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- ton on posts asking the same question.

Some of the more popular FEs with active communities plugged the pole and encouraged their members to come vote. I'm fine with that as perhaps those members elsewhere visited the site to vote and perhaps contributed to our community.

Anyone can start their own thread and create a poll. Unless Saint or PL1 wants this one changed, I'm leaving it as is.  :cheers:

Osirus23:

--- Quote from: markc74 on April 25, 2020, 07:13:21 pm ---Most peeps setup a frontend. Get it working and leave it alone. Holding a new vote wont change the most popular ones IMO.

--- End quote ---

I do too. But the frontend I chose for the rig I built in 2008 isn't the same one I chose when I built a another one in 2019.

Hoopz:

--- Quote from: Osirus23 on June 05, 2020, 11:41:08 am ---
--- Quote from: markc74 on April 25, 2020, 07:13:21 pm ---Most peeps setup a frontend. Get it working and leave it alone. Holding a new vote wont change the most popular ones IMO.

--- End quote ---

I do too. But the frontend I chose for the rig I built in 2008 isn't the same one I chose when I built a another one in 2019.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps changing your vote to the newer FE is the best solution in that case. It's not perfect but better than nothing.

P-chan:
Recently purchased Bigbox and it's ridiculously good.  There are lots of themes to choose from and it identified MOST of my games correctly on the first swipe.  I had to go in and manually change a few of them to get the correct images to show up, but once I figured out how to do that it only took a few minutes.  My machine now boots up directly into a nice menu of games with attract mode (I haven't played with this yet) and everything.  Really good.

mameotron:
For whatever it's worth - I use Turbo Mame.  Not on your list, it was discontinued probably in 2006 or thereabouts, and I doubt anybody else uses it.  I like it because you just run it and play.  No loading game lists, no messing with settings, you just play.

Turbo M.A.M.E. 2004 v0.79
by Tasos Tzimorotas
(c) 2002-04

Still works today on the latest version of Windows.  In fact, it's worked on all versions of Windows Ive ever tried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version