Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Project: Stargate Multi...  (Read 13770 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Project: Stargate Multi...
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 10:16:40 am »
Welp....

SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!

TO DO:

(a) Adjust the WICO leafs a bit more... tweaking them is a bit of a pain in the ass...I still need to work on the right side stick mostly.

(b) Either the bulb or starter is bad in the marquee.  From the look of the bulb,  I'll start there (though I'll pick up some extra starters too)

(c) Marquee... just waiting for it...

(d) Side Art... it's being re-printed

That is about it I do believe... she's coming along nicely.

Oh,  and I managed to sell my Galaga yesterday too!   NICE!  That means I only have A.P.B. and WAR: Final Assault officially "on the block".   I am SO trying to hold back the urge to pick up the Battlezone that's local.   One more gone and I can get it.

I almost forgot.  I also need to install a new monitor.  I happen to have a Vision Pro here in the garage waiting for my Pole Position project,   but it's in a UNIVERSAL frame.  I need a shelf mount frame.   I am considering just buying a new VP in the shelf mount frame instead of dicking around trying to mount the universal frame (or moving the VP to the G07 frame in it currently.  Thoughts?

EDIT: I also am looking for 4" WICO shafts with red balls (sounds vaguely dirty, eh?).

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:19:55 am by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 10:34:56 am »
I think Tanman (guy who is doing the PhoenixArcade MWMS art work right now) had some 4" sticks a while back, but I dunno if he has them anymore (and I forgot to ask when I contacted him recently).
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Paladin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2022, 05:13:19 pm
  • Mmmm llamaburgers!
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 11:31:11 am »
I've got the 4" shafts and am worried that they might be too high for comfortable Defender/Stargate play.  Until I get a CPO I'm running a temp panel that's not setup for those games, so I can't be sure.  I did play a real Robotron with 3.5" shafts and it felt fine, so I'm not sure what sticks I'll end up with.

Try user 'Gatordad' on KLOV for the 4" ones.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »
If you end up ditching the 4" sticks, let me know.
NO MORE!!

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 12:49:47 pm »
I am considering just buying a new VP in the shelf mount frame instead of dicking around trying to mount the universal frame (or moving the VP to the G07 frame in it currently. 

If you are going to order directly from Happs, they are out of stock on the shelf mounts until May.  Once their next shippment is done, they will not be getting any more.

My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 05:26:06 pm »
If you are going to order directly from Happs, they are out of stock on the shelf mounts until May.  Once their next shippment is done, they will not be getting any more.
Pretty soon all that will be left for CRTs is Nieman Displays (which at least makes great monitors).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:21:04 pm by RayB »
NO MORE!!

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 01:31:39 am »

So close... yet so far.

I'm getting burned by a vendor requiring me to dispute a credit card charge.   I still need artwork... and I need a bulb and/or starter.

Note the 4" Wico's now and it's a steel CP with proper silkscreened CPO.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 01:25:16 pm »
Looks nice! What does the button directly below the 2nd joystick do? Seems like an odd place for a button, unless it's a player 1 button maybe?
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 02:09:41 pm »
Looks nice! What does the button directly below the 2nd joystick do? Seems like an odd place for a button, unless it's a player 1 button maybe?

Hyperspace
My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 02:50:47 pm »

Hyperspace for Defender/Stargate... so yes,  it's a 1 player-stick button.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »
Duh. Should have realized that given I have a Defender of my own (although I've never actually used that button!). Now I see the label for it, although it seems far enough away from the button that it makes me wonder why it was put on there at all.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 04:20:22 pm »
Duh. Should have realized that given I have a Defender of my own (although I've never actually used that button!). Now I see the label for it, although it seems far enough away from the button that it makes me wonder why it was put on there at all.

Yeah, I didn't even see the label.  Too far away

But the overall control panel and game looks really good.  Nice work Frizz.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »
Absolutely. That wasn't meant to come across as a criticism - I know you didn't make the CPO yourself, Frizz, so I'll give you a pass on that one. ;)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 12:56:01 pm »
Finally,  here is the completed project (sorry it took so long to post it...it's been done for about a month now)....

EDIT:  Here is a comparison shot...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:41:28 pm by FrizzleFried »

GaryMcT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2014, 11:19:27 am
    • GaryMcT's arcade blog
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 12:39:10 am »
Very cool thread!  I'm getting a bombed out Defender (cab-only) soon that I'm going to do something with.  Putting my Defender back to stock and moving all my experimental crap over to the bombed out one so that I don't feel bad about leaving a classic alone. :)
My blog on learning how to develop FPGA versions of arcade boards: http://garymct.blogspot.com