Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: touch screens on ebay  (Read 2173 times)

panama1974

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2014, 08:22:30 am
touch screens on ebay
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:44:13 pm »

forgive my English, I use the translator of google, touch screens for sale on ebay are of good quality, I am interested in buying one.

http://search-desc.ebay.es/search/search.dll?from=R40&fts=2&_trksid=m37&satitle=placa+pantalla+tactil+17+%27%27

padstack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 12:54:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: touch screens on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:36:37 pm »
I don't talk none of that there fancy spaniard talk.  (all I ever learned is "deceo tener gatos en mis pantalones" - and I don't think that's right either - in spanish class).

;)

If I were you, I would start with a search like:

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/LCD-Flat-Panel__touchscreen_W0QQ_nkwZtouchscreenQQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1205Q257C39Q253A1Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12QQ_catrefZ1QQ_dmptZComputerQ5fMonitorsQQ_sacatZ29501QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ1QQ_scZ1

and then sort from there.  Personally, I would consider SAW a must (all glass screen which I think looks better than a plastic overlay), although the durability over resistive or capacitive screens is negligible.  APR is an Elo only technology, but is SUPER slick. Can't scratch it and has no transducers on the glass to force a bezel.

Anything under $100 is a steal (especially for a SAW or APR).  I think that Planar and Elo are the only SAW games in town, but there are some very acceptable options in resistive or capacitive.  Other technologies will most likely be cost prohibitive (dual touch, etc) although if you can get one on the cheap, go for it and then let the rest of us know!

**edit** I forgot about IR, but I don't see a ton of them on e-bay.  I sell these things for a living and rarely sell any IR ones in the northeastern US market either (but admittedly, someone else might just be better than me at it or it's just a bad marketplace for it - if it didn't sell at all, no one would be making them...)

panama1974

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2014, 08:22:30 am
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »
padstack you have all the reason, these screens at these prices very low quality,
 better to continue with the push buttons arcade, a company hire jukebox in my country
to buy those screens for 3 months within the time will have the surprise of the bad quality,
in addition to the use in a bar were damaged fast.

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:57:12 pm »
Now this one would be kind of nice if you were in the area (Gladstone, OR) for a local pickup...

Decent looking kiosk with PC and touch - $399 buy it now

Brian

EDIT:  I think I'll capture that listing for posterity (Google 'scrapbook' add-in).  It wouldn't be that hard to modify that structure and use other components/materials.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:10:34 pm by Dermbrian »

padstack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:42 pm »
padstack you have all the reason, these screens at these prices very low quality,
 better to continue with the push buttons arcade, a company hire jukebox in my country
to buy those screens for 3 months within the time will have the surprise of the bad quality,
in addition to the use in a bar were damaged fast.

Hey there!  Do you really think they're low quality?  I've seen them used in paint booths for PPG where color accuarcy is HUGE and they have to be rated for minor explosions.  They are also rated for well over a million touches (the SAWs, that is).  1024x768 is pretty decent resolution as well.  I'm certainly not trying to sell them to anyone on here (new they go for WAY more than an average DIY person would wanna pay), but not sure where the poor quality comment comes from.  Now, if you're talking for value added for what they go for NEW, then I'm with you.

If I upset you over my comments, then I apologize.  I was just messing around and sometimes people don't always "get" me.

padstack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:27:27 pm »
Now this one would be kind of nice if you were in the area (Gladstone, OR) for a local pickup...

Decent looking kiosk with PC and touch - $399 buy it now

Brian

EDIT:  I think I'll capture that listing for posterity (Google 'scrapbook' add-in).  It wouldn't be that hard to modify that structure and use other components/materials.

Not a bad call on the save.  Also, who couldn't use a nice "elmo" touchscreen!  Think you can tickle it?  :)