Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Six in one JAMMA harness  (Read 1426 times)

klindsay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2020, 01:48:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Six in one JAMMA harness
« on: September 28, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »
I want to buy a 6 in 1 JAMMA harness for all my Golden Tee boards (3D, 97, 98, 99, 2K and Classic).

My problem is that each board has a plug for the trackball. I don't know of any 6 in 1 trackball harnesses. Does anybody know if splicing 6 harnesses together would work or can anybody successfully do it for me?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Six in one JAMMA harness
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »
I want to buy a 6 in 1 JAMMA harness for all my Golden Tee boards (3D, 97, 98, 99, 2K and Classic).

My problem is that each board has a plug for the trackball. I don't know of any 6 in 1 trackball harnesses. Does anybody know if splicing 6 harnesses together would work or can anybody successfully do it for me?

You could mod your boards to make the trackball wiring go over the jamma edge connector, that is probably what I would do.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:54:41 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:00:37 am »
I did this with lightguns and it worked great

klindsay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2020, 01:48:16 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »

Do you mean you spliced wires or you modded the boards?

I don't have really any experience doing this sort of stuff. How can I mod the boards to do that?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:04:38 pm »

Do you mean you spliced wires or you modded the boards?

I don't have really any experience doing this sort of stuff. How can I mod the boards to do that?

You look at the edge of the boardset and cut the 4 traces that are normally used for the trackball control on the jamma standard. We are just cutting them as a safety measure, they should just terminate but for all I know Incredible Technologies has them connected to ground or something. Then you take your little trackball connecting harness and solder the wires to the edge connector in a manner that you can still plug the board into the jamma harness. Now the trackball connection goes over the the jamma harness instead of an extra connector. Then coming off your Jamma switcher you just run the wires for the spots you used to the trackball. No nasty wire splices running to the trackball and no need to worry about weirdness because you are feeding voltage back to your other boards over the spliced trackball connections.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.