Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Houston Arcade Expo Coin-op & Console - Pinball and Arcade free play  (Read 1189 times)

retrometro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 08:26:04 pm
    • Arcade, mame, retro... and the gp2x.
http://www.arcadecenter.com

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with the event or the group sponsoring it.  I'm just reposting what I found:

Houston Arcade Expo Coin-op & Console - Pinball and Arcade free play - $15 a day or $25 for the weekend (Houston, Tx - Astrodome area)
Houston Arcade Expo
Houston Area Arcade Group
www.arcadecenter.com
November 7th & 8th, 2008

The Houston Area Arcade Group (HAAG) is holding their 7th Annual Arcade Expo on November 7th & 8th at the Houston Grand Plaza Hotel.

Admission is $25 for a weekend pass or $15 for a single day, which gets you access to over 130 arcade games and pinball machines all set to free play!

We will be adding Classic Console games to the mix this year! Game systems. This includes Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, ColecoVision, Vectrex, Intellivision, and other classic consoles.

You can also participate in arcade and pinball tournaments, win door prizes, try your luck at a game raffle to win a full stand up arcade or pinball.

We doubled out vendor booth and tournament space this year, we will have tons of arcade and pinball parts, Manuals and memorabilia. Even great general memorabilia and comic books.
There will be concessions and a full bar available for you to purchase refreshments.
There aren't many opportunities to enjoy large collections of classic arcade games, so if you are in the Houston area (or can get there!), you should be at this expo!

Tickets:
Admission is $25 for a weekend pass or $15 for a single day, which gets you access to over 150 arcade games and pinball machines all set to free play!
Room and Ticket Pre Show Discounts

Goto www.arcadecenter.com for information on getting rooms at $100 a night discount and $5 a night off on show tickets!
Email: Expo@arcadecenter.com for vendor table information and sponsorships. Dates: November 7th & 8th, 2008

Times:
Friday 6pm to 2am
Saturday 10am to 2am
Houston Grand Plaza Hotel
8686 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054

Last year's event.

[youtube]

[/youtube]

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:52:53 pm by retrometro »
-------- gp2x and retro... play it forever! ------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0EE573E86D5A86E0
--------------------------------------------------------------------

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Re: Houston Arcade Expo Coin-op & Console - Pinball and Arcade free play
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:32:57 pm »
 :applaud:
I went last year.  Amazing selection of games and more vectors in perfect running condition than I've ever seen before.  Not to mention a great selection of pins.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:56:18 pm by ahofle »