Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Launching Mame vectrex mine storm from hyperspin or rocketlauncher problem.  (Read 2859 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
So ive had a problem for a long time now, that i would like to solve, but cant seem to find a solution. I use hyperspin as my front end, and works just fine with every single emulator. I use Mame with Vectrex games , because i have more features than with other emulators. I can launch all games just fine except, minestorms. As a work around, ive been playin minestorm 2, but to be honest i like first one better , as im used to the satges as they are. So i want to fix  whatever is broken to be able to launch minestorm. So heres got i got right now.  I use rocketlauncher (forums are down at the moment) all games launch normally ecept minestorm. Outside rocketlauncher if i use the command, mame vectrex scramble, the scramble or any other game launch just fine, it also works like , mame vectrex -cart scramble, but if i use , mame vectrex minestrm, game wont launch, also mame vectrex -cart minestrm, wont launch. If i use just mame vectrex, minestorm would launch just fine. So im kind of stuck right now. I know minestorm works on mame, i just cant figure out how to launch it from rocketlauncher. Thanks for any help.

chillinwater

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2022, 12:13:55 am
so if the game runs directly from mame, then check hyperspins database for mame, or vectrex or gce vectrex whatever it is youve named the database with which your running "minestrm"
also check rocketlaunchers databases where your using "minestrm"
the game name has to match the romname exactly for it to launch.
these romname's can change from updated versions of mame. sometime by just 1 letter but thats enough to mess it all up.

<game name="minestrm" index="true" image="m">
    <description>Mine Storm</description>
    <cloneof />
    <manufacturer></manufacturer>
    <crc></crc>
    <genre></genre>
    <year></year>
    <rating></rating>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:21:30 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
maybe you're missing the ROM.

As you know, if you just try mame vectrex it will work because that's the built in game for vectrex (no need for the ROM).

There is a ROM version of minestorm and that is the ROM that GCE had fixed the problem with the built in game after level 13 (i think).

Those people who reach that level playing found out the problem called the company and sent them a Cartridge. But for those owners that did not reach that level (many of us did not), never knew that problem existed, so company never sent them a cartridge.

The company just send the cartridge for those who complained.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

abispac

• Offline Offline
so if the game runs directly from mame, then check hyperspins database for mame, or vectrex or gce vectrex whatever it is youve named the database with which your running "minestrm"
also check rocketlaunchers databases where your using "minestrm"
the game name has to match the romname exactly for it to launch.
these romname's can change from updated versions of mame. sometime by just 1 letter but thats enough to mess it all up.

<game name="minestrm" index="true" image="m">
    <description>Mine Storm</description>
    <cloneof />
    <manufacturer></manufacturer>
    <crc></crc>
    <genre></genre>
    <year></year>
    <rating></rating>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
Tried this, did not work.

abispac

• Offline Offline
maybe you're missing the ROM.

As you know, if you just try mame vectrex it will work because that's the built in game for vectrex (no need for the ROM).

There is a ROM version of minestorm and that is the ROM that GCE had fixed the problem with the built in game after level 13 (i think).

Those people who reach that level playing found out the problem called the company and sent them a Cartridge. But for those owners that did not reach that level (many of us did not), never knew that problem existed, so company never sent them a cartridge.

The company just send the cartridge for those who complained.
I do have a rom and it dont work if i have it like a regular game. Thats why im posting here, cant seem to find a solution.

Haze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • MAME Development Blog
To launch the original game just boot the system with *no* cartridge, it's the built in game.

I'm not sure what the softlist entry is doing there, because it was never available as a cartridge, doesn't work if loaded as such, and should be removed from there.

abispac

• Offline Offline
To launch the original game just boot the system with *no* cartridge, it's the built in game.

I'm not sure what the softlist entry is doing there, because it was never available as a cartridge, doesn't work if loaded as such, and should be removed from there.
Yeah, that works in mme ,but cant find the para meters to make it work in rocketlauncher.

Haze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • MAME Development Blog
does it allow you to pass
mame vectrex -cart ""
or just launch it like any regular MAME system, with no cartridge parameter?

Sorry I'm not really familiar with RocketLauncher, but it seems to be quite a big oversight in the software if it doesn't, because there are a lot of systems where you'd want to launch either the base system without a cartridge, OR with one of the softlist entries inserted.