Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: APB Bartop  (Read 3329 times)

brock.sampson

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2018, 10:11:41 pm
APB Bartop
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:53:39 pm »
I'm making a bartop for a friend of mine as a thank you for all the football parties he has hosted.  It's based on the weecade basic shell.  It was originally going to be a Nebraska Husker themed bartop.  I recently saw the artwork for APB and thought that would be much funnier because he is a police officer.  Here are a couple of quick shots of the cabinet.  Haven't made a ton of progress but slowly getting there.  I have the computer, monitor and all the arcade parts.  Computer is configured just need to cleanup the game list a little.  Planning on doing joystick, six button layout and likely a 3" trackball.  I'll see if I can cram all that in.  Last few days I've been working on vectorizing the sideart.  This isn't the standard side art I started with that but that was a little too much for me.  I found a similar picture in one of the hyperspin apb themes and decided to use that instead.  I have the guy pretty well done need to work on the steering wheel and the top of the car and lights.  I may have to stretch him a little tall to make it fit.  That's fine with me I'm not going for a replica I just thought that side art would be hilarious.  Let me know what you think.
DOC! YOU HAVE A TABLE OVER THERE WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS, "LASER DEATH RAY BARGAIN BIN!"

severdhed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
Re: APB Bartop
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:55 pm »
looks cool, good job so far.  i'm sure your buddy will love it.(if not, he is not really the kind of person you should be hanging out with anyway) :)

make sure you post lots of pics
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

solowCX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2012, 02:32:31 am
    • Solarcade
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:42:53 pm »
Looks good so far, APB was a great game.

Are you going to try to incorporate lights into the top like the real cabinet?

Project Solarcade - Still in progress

brock.sampson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:18:29 pm »
It will have an apb marquee similar to the original but won't be flashing like the original.  That's a little beyond my abilities, timeline, and budget.
DOC! YOU HAVE A TABLE OVER THERE WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS, "LASER DEATH RAY BARGAIN BIN!"

brock.sampson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 11:29:33 pm »
Finished up vectorizing base side art.  Will likely have to adjust it a little to fit the sides.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first vector job let me know what you think.

Also the images I was working from.  Took parts from both.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:33:44 pm by brock.sampson »

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:18:44 am »
Looks good!

Any chance you could use his badge or department seal instead of the APB badge?

brock.sampson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 11:23:01 am »
Where were you last night before I started vecortizing the marquee, jk.  That's possibility, not sure if the sargent badge is different or not I'll have to do a little research.  Attached is a pic of the opd badge not sure how that would look as it's all silver will blue inset.  The sides of the patrol car just say police.  I may play around with it tonight.

Edit maybe I could use that for the marquee and put police on the side of the car instead of the abp star.  I'll try a few tonight and see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:33:00 am by brock.sampson »

dkssprs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 01:32:26 pm
    • Bub & Bob's BARTOP
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:25 pm »
I love the artwork!!!!

brock.sampson

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:56:01 pm »
Made some modest progress over the weekend.  Fighting bronchitis most of last week.  :badmood:  Got the back door on, computer and hard drive mounted, added rails for the plexiglass.  Still need to build the admin panel that will be below the screen and then start on the cp.  I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow my camera batteries are dead at the moment.  Didn't get much of a chance to work on artwork looking for more images of the opd badge.  Hoping to find a sticker or something that would be easier to trace.