Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can I build a skin with a 2 page graphic interface as up and bottom?  (Read 5275 times)

LHUPA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2019, 01:05:09 am
Dear Chris,

I want to know if we can build skins with a two page graphic interface of 1024 X 768 each page (in the sense of upper part and a lower part) to get more realism for making 70's jukebox models with WINCAB?

Actually, I use WINCAB as a solely one page interface with the selector panel (keys) and the selecting panel index (title strips) on the same page like Ebateman's Alien Box skin.

On PDFJS system: the platform I have created with Adobe Acrobat PDF Creator 7, I can build this effect but it can play solely 1 tune at a time because it is a multimedia PDF document and it has no coming up feature for the moment but in the future, I will find the solution.

I project to build jukeboxes as Jupiter, Rock-Ola, AMI, Seeburg and many others and also re-design my old PDFJS and WINCAB / DOSCAB skins on the WINCAB platform with this feature if I can!

I count on your news!

Thank you very much!

LHUPA
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:27:43 am by LHUPA »

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Can I build a skin with a 2 page graphic interface as up and bottom?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:22:38 am »
Are you talking about multiple monitors?  I have seen at least one other user set up two monitors as a single canvas and strech the jukebox across them, so it can work.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

LHUPA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2019, 01:05:09 am
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:21 am »
Dear Chris,

It could be if I build a cabinet with two flat monitors the selector (upper) and the selecting panel index (lower)! But, in the case of interest, it's solely ONE monitor for the common man user as is use it on his PC like everybody on this Earth who have a computer! -  Like a PDF ducument in what can be used as a jukebox in two principal pages: the upper and lower page linked with buttons. - I have also seen in the WINCAB skinning methodology the possibility of using a GUI or a large image on what we can "navigate" on by displace it from right to left and fron up and down (If my mind is good) and select our music but I have never tried it in worry to render the project very difficult to use! - Do you have found a method for this?

Thanks

LHUPA

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:20:58 pm »
There is no way to do this at this time.  Once I get the bugs out of the system to change skins on the fly it could be done, though.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com