Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: x-arcade drivers for mame32 v.103?  (Read 5749 times)

crabbymikedavis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2008, 03:55:10 am
x-arcade drivers for mame32 v.103?
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:06:01 am »
 :banghead:
Trying to get the x-arcade drivers for my mame32 program, but X-arcade has a link, but you cannot save it as a file for your controller folder...it just saves as a htm doc. Is there another version of mame that is user friendly that has the x-arcade as a controller already in it...except mameplus...as that is a gay program! Just want to be able to setup my tankstick to play games like karate champ and robotron with both joysticks?
Tanks!

bloodyviking77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2010, 07:01:38 am
Re: x-arcade drivers for mame32 v.103?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 07:21:04 am »
not exactly sure what you mean, but can't you re-map the controls in-game? (press tab?)
Shut up! Bloody Vikings!!

Rakae

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2010, 02:01:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:36:25 pm »
Hey have you tried to install the Xarcade.cfg file.

Google Xarcade.cfg files and put it in your Controller file I think it is called ctrlr.
Then you should be set to go.

Oh also " no kitty oh mine is living in a car."

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 03:10:28 pm »
not exactly sure what you mean, but can't you re-map the controls in-game? (press tab?)

While you can, the the ctrlr file that he's trying to get remaps "everything" for him, including neogeo and normal games, and mame automatically uses the correct set.  That's what's so cool about the ctrlr files.

OP:
One thing to look out for with ctrlr files is that the format has changed a few times, so make sure you get the correct version for the mame number you're using.  One source for the correct version is to download the normal mame binary of the same number mameUI/mame32 you're using (from places like mameDev.org).  A big download for the 6 KB ctrlr file you want, I know, but at least you'll get the correct version.
Robin
Knowledge is Power