Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3  (Read 54737 times)

Twin-X

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
  • Yes this avatar was stolen too!!!
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.1 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***LedBlinky Support***
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2008, 06:40:07 am »

i rather register the product for 20-25 usd. Like i did with maximus arcade

This is unfair and will kill people tha contribute with their art.
Just donate what's the diffrence. You want it or you don't want it.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.2 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***Small bug fixes***
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2008, 07:36:34 am »
BadBoyBill just posted an update last night.

HyperSpin 0.7.0.2

Fixed updater changing pcgame to pcGame
Fixed where pc game extensions are not under rom extension
Fixed LEDBlinky not starting lights on game start when you have useRomPath = false;
Fixed issue with dosbox flashing when starting games or showing up when exiting a game.

As usual its easy to update, just overwrite your exe and run at least once to repair your old files.  Thats it.

Todd H

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 12:58:49 pm
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2008, 08:49:41 am »
Glad to see the DOS box fix as that was one of my initial concerns. For me all that's left is native joystick support and I'm switching. I'll give it a try when I get home. Keep up the good work Team Hyperspin. :)

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:01 am »
Glad to see the DOS box fix as that was one of my initial concerns. For me all that's left is native joystick support and I'm switching. I'll give it a try when I get home. Keep up the good work Team Hyperspin. :)

Its coming

Todd H

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 12:58:49 pm
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2008, 09:39:04 am »

Its coming

:cheers:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:53 am »
I am uploading all of the current MAME artwork and themes to Newsgroups right now.  They will be posted in alt.binaries.emulators.  Probably a good 2.5 hours to go with my crappy upload speed.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2008, 10:51:22 am »
I am uploading all of the current MAME artwork and themes to Newsgroups right now.  They will be posted in alt.binaries.emulators.  Probably a good 2.5 hours to go with my crappy upload speed.

Thanks  :) is it with all the current art for all systems and wheels or just mame

Ill donate to your paypal just for this  :applaud:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2008, 11:36:32 am »

Thanks  :) is it with all the current art for all systems and wheels or just mame

Just Mame only.  Don't donate to me... donate to the site.

sham69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2015, 06:03:44 am
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2008, 06:15:32 am »

Just Mame only.  Don't donate to me... donate to the site.

Would be interested in d/l'ing this.
Can somebody post a link please?
Tried the alt.binaries.emulators and can't seem to get it.
Will donate aswelll.
Cheers.

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2008, 04:01:05 am »
sorry posted in a quote by mistake.
Has anyone got a link for the artwork for mame?
I want to use it on hyperspin, also is there somewhere to get video and audio for it aswell.
Thanks.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2008, 09:20:11 am »
I want to use it on hyperspin, also is there somewhere to get video and audio for it aswell.
Thanks.
Artwork you can download from the HyperSpin site or get my upload from alt.binaries.emulators.  As for video, video comes from EmuMovies.com.

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2012, 07:34:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2008, 02:03:16 pm »

Hi Dazz, many thanks for uploading all the new stuff. I've downloaded it and extracted everything to the relevant subfolders but I don't see any new themes. The C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Themes folder contains 376 objects now but I can only see 49 themes within the MAME wheel. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks buddy  :cheers:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2008, 02:20:40 pm »

Hi Dazz, many thanks for uploading all the new stuff. I've downloaded it and extracted everything to the relevant subfolders but I don't see any new themes. The C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Themes folder contains 376 objects now but I can only see 49 themes within the MAME wheel. Am I doing something wrong?

It sounds like you do not have a full MAME.xml in your HyperSpin/Database folder.  I believe that there is one for download on the HyperSpin forums if you don't have one.

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2012, 07:34:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2008, 02:40:34 pm »

It sounds like you do not have a full MAME.xml in your HyperSpin/Database folder.  I believe that there is one for download on the HyperSpin forums if you don't have one.

Perfect thanks Dazz. I C&P'd this one: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1045 - and it works a treat. Thanks again fella. :)

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2008, 05:47:07 am »
Thanks.
Artwork you can download from the HyperSpin site or get my upload from alt.binaries.emulators.  As for video, video comes from EmuMovies.com.

Sorry to be a pain, I tried  alt.binaries.emulators using newzbin and its not there?
Is this correct, sorry I am new to newsgroups so am not really sure where to find the artwork.
Cheers.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2008, 06:47:51 am »
Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, I tried  alt.binaries.emulators using newzbin and its not there?
Is this correct, sorry I am new to newsgroups so am not really sure where to find the artwork.
Cheers.

http://www.binsearch.net/index.php?q=HyperSpin_MAME_Artwork_100908+&m=&max=25&adv_g=&adv_age=7&adv_sort=date&minsize=&maxsize=&font=&postdate=

first one..

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2008, 06:58:55 am »
Thanks a million.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »
New HyperSpin release tonight!

BadBoyBill has been hard at work over the past while...  Tonight marks a major milestone for the HyperSpin Front End.  This release should have a little bit for everyone.  If you haven't checked out HyperSpin in a while, then this is the version that you want!

Below is a look at the release notes for release 0.8.0.0.  Obviously a lot has changed and the New HS isnt compatible with your old installs fully and there are lots of new settings.  Rather than do an audit on your existing settings its best to just install the new HS from scratch and move over the appropriate boxart, themes and wheel images from your old install over.  When moving over folders of artwork:

DO NOT copy over your default.png files.  They are moved around in the new release and can mess up the themes in the new install. 
DO NOT copy over your settings files, HS comes with new ones, you must reset your paths.
DO NOT copy overwrite the new databases in the new build. 

Sorry for the trouble on that, but the new install is put together pretty good to get you mostly back to where you were if not further along than where you were before.

There are several surprises in the release so have fun playing and hopefully we got alot of the bugs squashed and feature requests fulfilled. 

Thanks for everyone's support and patience and to all the donaters and theme creators for supporting the free HyperSpin project, the donations have really encouraged me to keep working hard.

I will post back here when the download is ready.

HyperSpin 0.8.0.0

Added Analog joystick/Ultrastik support. 

Added Trackball and Spinner support

Added Option to display text on wheel with images, set strokes, gradients, font, shadows etc.

Added Option to position the vertical wheel style, left, center, or right

Added Options to adjust wheel speeds on a per emu basis.

Added Separate Player 1 and 2 start and exit options

Added Option to have a key delay when turning the wheel, for a quick pause after first turn in case the wheel spins to fast for you.

Added Animated Special Artworks (swf support), animated joysticks and press/start animations.  Includes examples.

Added Ability to disable exiting HS with the Exit key.

Added Sort list by name or description

Added Ability to remove stuff in parenthesis from rom descriptions from wheel text or the textfield.

Added Alphabetical game jump along with number of games jump support.

Added Games can now adopt parent videos and parent themes.

Added Can now have a default video overlay image for games without themes.  Default.png in video folder.

Added Now can return to same system on main wheel when exiting subwheel instead of always going back to MAME.

AddedSub Menu default themes can now have default.xml file so themes can be made in HyperTheme.  This makes it easier to share themes instead of giving instructions on what to change in the ini.

Added better installer, initial download is alot bigger but includes all the main themes and vids and some wheel sets.  Installation should be easier now, only thing you need to setup is your emu paths, rom paths, and video paths.  Everything else is just optional including themes since HS supports text now.

Added option to animate default themes out when holding up or down.  The reason for this is that some default themes hide the wheel and don't animate out.  So now you can optionally hide the theme when moving the wheel more than a few games.

Added Skip Intro Video option with a key press.

Added New Animation style "pixelate" - pixelate an image in, like in Super Mario World

Added New Animation style "flip" - Image will flip in from random angle with a bend to it.

Added New Animation style "bounce random" bounce an images all around the floor(bottom of screen), see future pinball theme.

Added New Video style "tv" - Causes the video to animate in with a television static effect.

Added Hi Score support from HiToText.

Fixed Attract mode not stopping on certain keys.

Fixed Default backgrounds not animating in when coming to default theme.

Fixed If using a custom video path then not pulling video overlays from media folder.

Fixed If using fade on video with overlay then the video wouldnt fade in, it would just appear.

Fixed Improved the way themes and default themes interact when navigating.

Fixed Improved the wheel to run a little more smoothly and faster

Fixed Themes only bug.  Also loading with themes only is fast loading now, no slowdown. You should only ever need a full database now for your systems instead of theme only databases.

Fixed HyperHQ path output for LEDBlinky for paths with spaces.

Fixed Vertical wheel squishing wheel images on large wheel item.

Fixed Background bug, where swf backgrounds wouldnt remove, i.e, you can hear asteroids sounds on another theme or menu.

Fixed Bug when exiting during wheel jump locks HS.

Fixed HS doesn't pause when minimizing.

Fixed HS not pausing swf animations with nested movieclips, i.e, mr.do and nba jam, when losing focus.

Fixed If going to exit menu then coming back to HS, then HS cant pause when losing focus anymore.

Fixed HS would lockup in genre menu after a while.

Fixed 2 errors in Neo Geo database.

Other Additions:
-Over 200 new wheel sounds to HS, including sets of sounds for NES, 32X.
-Normalized all HS wheel sounds.
-Included several system start sounds for various systems (Sounds that play when entering subwheel).
-Revamped several main menu themes, and included new themes for Dreamcast, Future Pinball and Model 2.
-All core systems now come with a basic default theme included with the installer. No more blank systems.
-Added PC Engine Theme to main menu, and full pc engine database with year, date, manufacturer.
-Included all joebells xml databases, new TG16 database and updated mame included database to 128.
-Fixed Atari 5200 database to reflect new no-intro naming instead of old.
-Added full Atari 5200 Cart Set and Wheel Image set, alot of redraw work.
-Added full TG16 Box Set and Wheel Image set.
-Included new medley videos for several main menu themes made by Emumovies.
-Exit menu animations are now faster.
-Added more adjustable settings in HyperHQ, including keyboard settings.
-Reduced the size of the main pinball wheel graphic, was to big.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:50:59 am by Dazz »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.0 - *** MAJOR RELEASE ***
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:38 am »
The file is 250mb and includes all the artwork and videos for the main menu.

Downloads:

Gold Members can download from the HyperSpin FTP site.  If you are a gold supporting member on HyperSpin-fe.com and do not have FTP access please IM bent98 for ftp information.

Public Download
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:51:15 am by Dazz »

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.0 - *** MAJOR RELEASE ***
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:30 am »
Is there a torrent for the themes, are they included in the big download, or do they have to be downloaded one by one?
Old, but not obsolete.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »
HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 has been released.

This is just a small release to help spice up the themes and a few small bug fixes.

Fixed artwork 1 not going away when going from default to regular theme.
Fixed if vertical wheel is on left side of screen, then it animates from left instead of right.
Fixed background swf files with nested movie clips not pausing when starting a game or switching themes.
Fixed backgrounds with sound not removing sound possibly.
Fixed issues when using png images with particle engine.
Fixed some return resolution issues with HS not going back to fullscreen when exiting a game.
Fixed some log typo's.
Fixed/Added swf animations now override png's in priority with artworks and backgrounds.

Added Animation Type "scroll"
Added Animation Type "strobe"
Added Animation Type "pendulum"
Added Animatoin Type "arc shrink"
Added Animation Type "flicker"
Added Animation Type "blur"
Added Animation Type "grow blur"
Added Animation Type "flag"
Added Animation Type "stripes"
Added Animation Type "stripes 2"

Added Rest Animation "spin slow"
Added Rest Animation "Hover Vertical"
Added Rest Animation "Hover Horizontal"

Added Better hiding of emu launching in HL.
Added More systems to HL.
Added Subfolder searching to HL.

We have almost reached the 500 theme mark for MAME games and have more and more themes coming every day.  Below is an example of how the theme quality in HyperSpin keeps progressing.

Moon Patrol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0gMhdnvVA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:32:33 pm by Dazz »

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
  • Yes this avatar was stolen too!!!
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »
Fantastic work again thx!!

Circo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2009, 06:35:43 am »
It still amazes me how many themes have been done in such a short time.  This moon patrol one is the %&^ :D
My Websites

Haggar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 05:12:32 am
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2009, 04:52:56 am »
Two questions:

1 - Can I use simple snap previews instead of videos for mame and other emus? In wheel configuration I can only see "viedo path", but no "snap path".
It can be useful also if I have no video for a certain game ---> the FE displays the image instead of a black preview).

2 - In the "wheels configurations" (emulators) there is no "pre/post" command option (mandatory for daemon tools iso mounting). Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance