Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3  (Read 54745 times)

Banacek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2017, 05:01:31 pm
Well then donate for a gold membership and you dont have to wait.

It took alot more then 3 minutes to make each theme.

No thanks. If they want help coding, then they can go open source and I'd be more than willing to help out.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 06:43:53 pm
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse

No thanks. If they want help coding, then they can go open source and I'd be more than willing to help out.
So... you know AS3?  I guess you are just lucky that Bill is still wanting to keep this project FREE.  The server to host these files and the bandwidth necessary costs money, donations are what keep this project running in the background.  While the donations are nice; what we really want is more people that is good with Photoshop/Illustrator artwork.  If you can't find it in your self to make a monetary donation then perhaps create a couple GOOD themes and you might earn a donator status. 

With attitudes like yours; I am perfectly fine with creating a new torrent/newsgroup files every 6 months or more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:54:17 pm by Dazz »

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
  • Yes this avatar was stolen too!!!
Dazz i can offer 10 -15 GB and 300GB bandwidth/month for file hosting if you like.
100 mbit hosted in london.

For free offcourse. Like all other things i host.

Test file of 100mb  http://www.twin-x.com/test/test100.zip

Banacek

• Offline Offline
So... you know AS3?  I guess you are just lucky that Bill is still wanting to keep this project FREE.  The server to host these files and the bandwidth necessary costs money, donations are what keep this project running in the background.  While the donations are nice; what we really want is more people that is good with Photoshop/Illustrator artwork.  If you can't find it in your self to make a monetary donation then perhaps create a couple GOOD themes and you might earn a donator status. 

With attitudes like yours; I am perfectly fine with creating a new torrent/newsgroup files every 6 months or more.

I don't know AS3, but I know that HyperHQ isn't using AS3, and the author for that has disappeared. If Bill doesn't want to work on it or is too busy with Hyperspin I'm be more than willing to help with HyperHQ (though most of my experience is with open source languages). I have no experience with Illustrator or Photoshop so I'd be no help to you there. Let's let Bill focus on Hyperspin and others can help with the helper tools.

You need to learn not to take things personally. I know bandwidth is insane, that's what torrents are the way to go. Once you remove the downloads the forum hosting becomes much cheaper and easier to deal with. I most likely would donate, but right now isn't the right time.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse

I don't know AS3, but I know that HyperHQ isn't using AS3, and the author for that has disappeared. If Bill doesn't want to work on it or is too busy with Hyperspin I'm be more than willing to help with HyperHQ (though most of my experience is with open source languages). I have no experience with Illustrator or Photoshop so I'd be no help to you there. Let's let Bill focus on Hyperspin and others can help with the helper tools.

You need to learn not to take things personally. I know bandwidth is insane, that's what torrents are the way to go. Once you remove the downloads the forum hosting becomes much cheaper and easier to deal with. I most likely would donate, but right now isn't the right time.
Actually, the original HQ wasn't using AS3, but it is now.  Bill has started development on a new HQ and has actually made very good headway so far.  Looks real good thus far.

I wasn't taking it personally...  I was just trying to explain that the 3 minutes between downloads is justified to help control downloads.  Even with the 3 minutes we have exceeded allotted CPU usage several different times...  I am the one that handles the newsgroup upload and I am currently working on a new package that contains all of the necessary artwork.  The point is the delay is there for a reason.  We will still update the torrents and newsgroups, but it is not a top priority.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin.  This version includes LEDBlinky support (Thanks Azroo!).  In doing so this version also includes U360 support via the LEDBlinky application.  I have not been able to test this feature as I do not have U360's, so please use this at your own risk.

Also, the first release of the *NEW* HyperHQ, our config application has also been released.  This version includes basic settings, but it shows the direction that the config application is going.

Below is the list of updates for this new version. 

HyperSpin 0.7.0.1

Fixed where artworks display only if theres and xml entry for that artwork.  This prevents showing artwork from 2 installed themes for the same game.
Now only the last installed theme will show its arwork.

Fixed issue with last theme not showing up when using the themes only feature.

Fixed Exit program not writing to the log when quitting HS not via the exit menu.

Fixed Vertical wheel style starting out to fast and not the normal speed.

Fixed bug with default artworks not clearing when coming to a game with theme greater than 2 games away.

Fixed issue with working directories for Startup and Exit programs, should run fine now.

Fixed Startup and Exit program not accepting parameters correctly

Fixed all yes/no settings to true/false, all old themes are still backward compatible.

Fixed pointer not hiding with with wheel when using the wheel alpha option.

Removed pcgameextensions key from ini files since its no longer needed, use romextension.

Added HS now is self installing, no need to download support files except for themes, wheel images and boxart.
the entire installation is created on first run from an empty folder and will create all the necessary folders,
finished databases, settings files, and basic artworks necessary to run HS.

Added
version auditor, from now on when you download new releases HS will audit your install on first run and add
new settings as necessary and update missing settings from all files.  Basically simply running a new version of HS will
fix your old torrent download with anything thats missing.

Added
LED Blinky support.  **U360 support via LEDBlinky**

Added Option to disable exit menu.

Added Option to set custom video path. Video overlay artworks still must be in the video folder.

HyperHQ 0.5.0.1

This is my first release of HyperHQ, its very minimal at the moment, but will give you an idea of where Im going with it.

You can adjust all main settings from it.

You can only adjust the exe section of your emu settings currently. 

No list generation yet, Im not there yet, but its all coming.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:19:00 pm by Dazz »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
Another fine update!
 :applaud:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:15:12 pm by bent98 »

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.1 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***LedBlinky and U360 Support***
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:50 pm »
Playing around with it now.  I love the direction this is going and hopefully I can get the time to move it to my cab and see how it does with the LEDBlinky and U360's.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin.  This version includes LEDBlinky support (Thanks Azroo!).  In doing so this version also includes U360 support via the LEDBlinky application.  I have not been able to test this feature as I do not have U360's, so please use this at your own risk.

Nice to see my new UltraStik.dll getting a work out in HyperSpin  :cheers:

I'm just curious can HS use dll's directly? When I spoke to BBB about it he made me think that Flex can't interop with dll's. I guess it doesn't matter if you use external apps like LEDBlinky though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:30:02 am by headkaze »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:45 am »

Nice to see my new UltraStik.dll getting a work out in HyperSpin  :cheers:

For all who are interested, the u360 support was added to LEDBlinky mainly because I had a couple of 360's on my system and the Blinky code already did most of the work - identifying the type of game control (2-way, 4-way, 8-way, etc.). For HyperSpin, I made a few mods so the app could easily be used without any LEDs or LED configuration - for those who only need the u360 features. There's really no risk  ;)

By the way, LEDBlinky (and therefore HyperSpin) also supports the GPWiz-49.

Also - a big thanks to Heakaze - many of the hardware interface libraries that LEDBlinky uses were developed by him!  :cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Todd H

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 12:58:49 pm
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2008, 09:05:13 am »
I'm liking what I'm seeing. So far the only complaints I have are Windows dialog boxes still being viewable when I exit a game in MAME even when using Hyperlaunch and no native joystick support. When these two things are done, I'll make it my front end of choice.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2008, 02:57:04 pm »
Arzoo how do i set it up so that the wheel turns with the u360?
I got the led's working and the joystick works in games (not tested yet if it uses diffrent maps)

But no wheel spin :(

another thing. Game lights work for the seconds you point it to. But they do not keep lit when playing a game.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:44:57 pm by Twin-X »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:11 pm »
Sounds linke you didnt config other emulator and hyperspin buttons in ledblinky

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »
Sounds linke you didnt config other emulator and hyperspin buttons in ledblinky

Under FE i choose Hyperspin.
On the hyperspin tab i pointed to the settings.ini (demo game controls 10 sec)
Configured the mame tab
Misc tab markes U360 and Restrictor

Input map generated

What other emulator do i need to config? I don't need hyperspin buttons light up so i did not create a hyperspin profile.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2008, 06:28:53 pm »
Arzoo how do i set it up so that the wheel turns with the u360?
I got the led's working and the joystick works in games (not tested yet if it uses diffrent maps)

But no wheel spin :(

another thing. Game lights work for the seconds you point it to. But they do not keep lit when playing a game.
Twin-X,
I'm not sure what you're asking with the wheel spin? Are you referring to a driving game and you want the u360 to act as the steering wheel? If so, that would be a mame setting - LEDBlinky only handles the maps.

As for the game lights, did you check "Light Game Controls" on the Game Options tab (LEDBlinky config)? If you did and it's still not working, turn on the debug/verbose option on the Misc Options tab, run a game, then post or email me the debug.log file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 07:27:40 pm »
Arzoo,

He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's.  I can't afford any U360's to test with so I really don't know how they are supposed to be setup.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »
Arzoo,

He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's.  I can't afford any U360's to test with so I really don't know how they are supposed to be setup.

They work like standard analog joysticks, so what they are asking is can you use analog joysticks to navigate in HS. If HS can interop with dll's it would be rather trivial to add support for joysticks, since all you need to do is write a simple dll that uses DirectInput to poll the joysticks and then callback to the host program with that data. That is why I was asking before if Flex can interop with dll's because it's a major limitation on what you can do without that. If you can interop with them, then you could add a tonne of features that way especially when it comes to talking to hardware.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 08:25:18 pm »
He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's. 

Doh! I should have realized that.  :)
Well, Blinky can set the u360 to analog mode when the FE is active, but I have no idea if HyperSpin can detect and use the u360 for scrolling the wheel.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:02 pm »
As a workaround for now you could always run Joy2Key or similar just for the FE, which is what I'm planning to do in the interim.   

Seriously, the LedBlinky and U360 support was the only thing keeping this FE off the cab, but now that it's in place, it's time to start putting it to the test on the cab. 

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2008, 03:09:54 am »
Who else is using U360 Ledblinky and hyperspin?

I have set everything i am positive about it. I have used U360 and Ledblinky for some time now with MaLa so i know how to configure it.

So to sum it up on my machine:

No u360 support in Hyperspin. Have to use joy2key for wheel navigation.
U360 map switching does not work my joysticks stay on 4 way.
Ledblinky, game and hyperspincontrols do light up when navigating. (game controls light up for the default 5 seconds)
Starting a game does not light game controls. However the hypersincontrols do light during the gameplay.

I am gonna try the same setup for ledblinky on mala tonight to see if the u360 works and if the selected game buttons stay lit.

Still a fantastic job everyone. Thanks

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2012, 07:34:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin. 

HyperSpin 0.7.0.1

Dazz are you going to be making a new NZB/torrent for this release with all the new themes in one easy to swallow capsule at all please? There are loads that have been released by both team and user since the v0604 seeds were released in August.

Many thanks, this FE is looking wicked! :)  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:40:36 am by Diewrecked »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2008, 08:13:45 am »
Who else is using U360 Ledblinky and hyperspin?

I have set everything i am positive about it. I have used U360 and Ledblinky for some time now with MaLa so i know how to configure it.

So to sum it up on my machine:

No u360 support in Hyperspin. Have to use joy2key for wheel navigation.
U360 map switching does not work my joysticks stay on 4 way.
Ledblinky, game and hyperspincontrols do light up when navigating. (game controls light up for the default 5 seconds)
Starting a game does not light game controls. However the hypersincontrols do light during the gameplay.

I am gonna try the same setup for ledblinky on mala tonight to see if the u360 works and if the selected game buttons stay lit.

Still a fantastic job everyone. Thanks

Turn on the debug/verbose option and email me the log.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

joebells

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2009, 07:57:45 pm
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:54 am »
I think that the themes might all be packaged together at some point seperate from hs since hs can build its whole environment now

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »
The log file from Twin-X seems to indicate that HS is not sending a message to LEDBlinky when a game is started (it is sending a message when the game quits). Both Bent98 and I tested this in beta and it worked fine. Has anyone else tried using LEDBlinky with the current HS release and had the buttons correctly light up (flash and speak, etc.) when a game is launched?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:45:44 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2008, 01:48:59 pm »
I have tested it with latest release and with you final build of led blinky and it works fine.  I am not sure I understand what not working specifically.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:53:49 pm by bent98 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2008, 03:28:35 pm »
I have tested it with latest release and with you final build of led blinky and it works fine.  I am not sure I understand what not working specifically.

The buttons are lighting up for the demo mode (scrolling through the wheel), but not when a game is launched. The log never shows event #3 (gamestart). Very odd.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2008, 06:05:31 pm »
When I lauch a game it goes into a start game animation then lights the correct buttons.

I have tested it for demo mode in MAME games
I have tested for generic emulators where all buttons light up
I have tested for generic emultators with custom configs I have set up.

It works in all three cases.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2008, 03:23:37 am »
Bent aren't you a beta tester?

Do we have the same file version and date modified?

I have this file:

jtslade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2023, 11:34:45 am
  • Keep it looking originallish!

I am very good at photoshop (freelance graphic designer for years), what range of games do you need theme's for.

I am planning on using Hyperspin in my MVS Neo Geo mame cab. There are about 230 neo geo games for the arcade that I would be happy to work on some theme's for.

Any other area's that need theme's

Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
I am very good at photoshop (freelance graphic designer for years), what range of games do you need theme's for.

It's great that you are good at photoshop you're the very sort of person that HyperSpin needs.

As far as what range of games are needed, I would suggest just start making themes for the games you like first.

There is also a theme request list over at the HyperSpin site: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=requests

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2008, 07:51:54 am »
Bent aren't you a beta tester?

Do we have the same file version and date modified?

I have this file:

Yes I am a beta tester.

I have tested with latest version of LEdblinky and HS as well.

Catch me in hyperspin chat and we call troubleshoot more.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator

It's great that you are good at photoshop you're the very sort of person that HyperSpin needs.

As far as what range of games are needed, I would suggest just start making themes for the games you like first.

There is also a theme request list over at the HyperSpin site: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=requests

Alot of the games on that list are completed or being worked on, but its a good place to start.

We can really use wheel art for SNES, Sega models, and Turbo 16. ITs a tedius job of cutting out game logos from box art but nonethless extremely important for the look and feel of the FE.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:27 pm »
OK

as far as LEDblinky not working for TWIN-X. If you dont have userompath=true games would not light when launched.

That has been fixed along with a pcgame launching bug. Bill will have a new release out shortly. If you cant wait just change userpath=true in settings folder mame.ini

Bill is also working on U360 joystick support for FE not just via Ledblinky. That will hopefully be addressed soon as well.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »
Thx Bent98!!

I reccomend everyone to try this app.
It's looks and feel are   :applaud:

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.1 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***LedBlinky Support***
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:32 pm »
i will if someone posts all files/themes etc.. on a torrent or newsgroup..

;D

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »
All you have to do is Donate on Hyperspin website and you can get gold membership. This will allow you to d/l anything on site with no time restrictions. You can download all the themes in about 30-60 mins.

Its a small price to pay and you are helping out the cause.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:42:40 pm by bent98 »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2008, 03:59:36 pm »

;D
I think I am going to setup a newsgroup upload later this evening.

Miguelsluma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2010, 10:20:02 am
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2008, 04:10:54 pm »
edit: wrong topic. deleted

Banacek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2008, 06:10:23 pm »

;D
I think I am going to setup a newsgroup upload later this evening.

Stupid Roadrunner, shut off their newsgroups  :angry: Hopefully a torrent will be available as well. Thanks.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:18 am »
All you have to do is Donate on Hyperspin website and you can get gold membership. This will allow you to d/l anything on site with no time restrictions. You can download all the themes in about 30-60 mins.

Its a small price to pay and you are helping out the cause.

i rather register the product for 20-25 usd. Like i did with maximus arcade