Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3  (Read 55094 times)

Dazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
*** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3
« on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:57 am »

HyperSpin is an animated arcade frontend for Windows for use on Home Arcade Machines. HyperSpin allows you to create custom menu systems to run most executables with that arcade look and feel. HyperSpin takes a more artwork oriented approach to creating menu's. With this tool you should be able to make interesting menu's for your games, movies etc..

HyperSpin will be a very easy to setup and operate system so that even the novice of users may have a great looking front end. Using the HyperHQ configuration application, and our customized theme creation application HyperTheme, users will be able to quickly and easily get started using HyperSpin..

Please take a look at the features page to see if HyperSpin is right for you.

Official Site and Support:
http://hyperspin-fe.com/

Previews (screenshots):
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?pageid=previews

Example game theme:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0gMhdnvVA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:29:57 pm by Dazz »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: New front end - HyperSpin - Open Beta Released
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:13 am »
That better :D.

I do think you missed some links and screenshots (even they are on other thread, but this is now the official thread....

Good luck to future improvement this FE  :D and congra to authors of a eyecatching FE  :D.

Lol. Its long time I used a new groups since.

NB. I have reported to admin about the other thread to get locked, and instead use this really nice thread.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:11:29 pm by Space Fractal »
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

rlehm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2010, 09:04:25 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:07:49 pm »
Hyperspin team,

Thanks for the hard work. Getting this up and running must have been an amazing amount of work. I'm not sure why the community get mad about your posts at times when clearly you are doing more for this community than 99% of us. A big thank you from me. I hope more people will thank you as well.

Ego-X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2008, 03:18:27 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:47:58 pm »
Downloading from A.B.E now, Thx for posting Dazz!

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 03:20:28 pm »
Thanks to all the Hyperspin team for working on this!  :applaud:

Ill be sure to check it out very soon.  :cheers:

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:34:31 pm »
So far I'm not impressed.  I wanted to be - really, REALLY wanted to be.  But it won't even run on my system.  It just sits there.  If I open it again while it's still running I get a black screen.  That's it.

The "HyperHQ" thing also doesn't seem to store the settings you put into it.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:38:39 pm »
So far I'm not impressed.  I wanted to be - really, REALLY wanted to be.  But it won't even run on my system.  It just sits there.  If I open it again while it's still running I get a black screen.  That's it.

Come over to our forms and we can help get you up and running.  The blank screen tells me that you don't have something setup correctly. 

Also, HQ isn't complete yet and is a work in progress.  For now you will need to manually edit the database and settings files.

billpa

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2017, 11:25:31 pm
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:54:46 pm »
Hey Peale

Definitely drop by the HS forum and post over there. Black screen could mean a couple of things and I am sure we can figure out the problem.

GameDork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2011, 07:56:45 pm
  • I installed a DDR Pad on Tom Cruise!!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »
Is it possible to use HyperSpin with older versions of MAME? i.e. V0.84?
Donkey Kong Hi Scores:

1) 169,600
2) 164,300
3) 134,000
4)116,800
5) LOL!

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 05:52:14 pm »
I'm wondering if Peale is using one of his OLD systems that has an ATI 8mb Rage in it......
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 05:53:06 pm »

It's beta so perhaps you should reserve judgement until you actually get it running first? Even with months of private beta testing you simply can't test every system configuration you may encounter in a public release.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:01:57 pm »

It's beta so perhaps you should reserve judgement until you actually get it running first? Even with months of private beta testing you simply can't test every system configuration you may encounter in a public release.

I don't have a final judgement yet, of course.  But with all the documentation pretty much saying "download and run" that's what I was expecting.  Maybe not getting the emulators running yet, but getting *something* on screen...that's what I would have expected.

I'm wondering if Peale is using one of his OLD systems that has an ATI 8mb Rage in it......

No, using my desktop just to mess around with it.  And according to the forums, I'm not the only person having this issue, so I feel a bit better - it's not just me.

youki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2016, 01:07:33 pm
  • Atomic Front End Creator
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 07:02:03 pm »

But with all the documentation pretty much saying "download and run" that's what I was expecting

HyperSpin - Believe the Hype.   :laugh2:

;D

Agree with Headkaze , it is beta , so there is always things to fix anyway.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 07:15:28 pm »
While we have tried to test with many different computer configs, it is virtually impossible to test with all configs. 

The downloads should work correctly "out of the box", so if anyone is having an issue than it is probably a config that we were unable to test.  Right now we have a couple things that we are looking into that could be causing this issue...

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 07:23:08 pm »
I was looking at some of the HS databases and some of them have been ripped from GameEx. I don't remember anyone asking me permission to use them since I helped write the software to scrape the data. I'm not overly bothered but you would think it would be common courtesy to ask first  :dunno

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 07:41:44 pm »
Quote from: dazz
Ok, you guys really don't need to be ---uvulas--- all the time do you?  Doing a quick search on BYOAC for various front end names you get the following:
HyperSpin: less than 1 page
AtomicFe: 15 pages
Mala: 25 pages - it has its own freaking forum!
Mamewah: 25 pages
Khameleon: 1 page
You guys are mods here on BYOAC nor are you forum police.  You have no rights telling people what kind of threads to make.  You are not forced to read a specific thread and no one is going to force you to.  If you see a thread that you don't want to read or look at then simply IGNORE it and it will eventually move off the first page.  Your idiotic responses only BUMP a thread UP, and the more you respond to a thread that you don't like the more attention the thread will get.

Learn how a forum works you "NewB".]

Ok I felt the need to respond to your public post in the other thread (that is now locked).
I'm a bit pissed that you would make a statement like that then have the thread locked?  :(   So I have no choice but to post here.

Well done on your new FE.  ;D    :applaud: I have not slammed it in any way so why so hostile about MaLa ??? 

Yes, MaLa is in it's own 'Freaking forum'. I spent hours moving 99% of all the mala threads into it from this software section. One by one.

So why lash out?  ???  Maybe I am taking it the wrong way but the Forum was offered here by Saint so what is the problem?  ???

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:44:52 pm by loadman »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 07:49:46 pm »
I was looking at some of the HS databases and some of them have been ripped from GameEx. I don't remember anyone asking me permission to use them since I helped write the software to scrape the data. I'm not overly bothered but you would think it would be common courtesy to ask first  :dunno
Where exactly in the GameEx folder are these databases that you speak of?  Are these contained in the .mdb files?

Edit: Nevermind, I just installed Axcess and I see the data.  I can guarantee that the HS databases were not ripped from GameEx, most of them were created by hand.  If they were ripped from GameEx then we would have taken way more info than what we have been working from.  Your databases have info that we were talking about implementing but could not find the necessary information posted.  We did not know that your files contained this info especially with consoles... Your database files are an excellent source of info, especially for console genres!

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 07:53:18 pm »
Ok, you guys really don't need to be ---uvulas--- all the time do you?  Doing a quick search on BYOAC for various front end names you get the following:
You guys are mods here on BYOAC nor are you forum police.  You have no rights telling people what kind of threads to make.  You are not forced to read a specific thread and no one is going to force you to.  If you see a thread that you don't want to read or look at then simply IGNORE it and it will eventually move off the first page.  Your idiotic responses only BUMP a thread UP, and the more you respond to a thread that you don't like the more attention the thread will get.

Ok I felt the need to respond to your public post in the other thread (that is now locked).
I'm a bit pissed that you would make a statement like that then have the thread locked?  :(   So I have no choice but to post here.

Well done on your new FE.  ;D    :applaud: I have not slammed it in any way so why so hostile about MaLa ??? 

Yes, MaLa is in it's own 'Freaking forum'. I spent hours moving 99% of all the mala threads into it from this software section. One by one.

So why lash out?  ???  Maybe I am taking it the wrong way but the Forum was offered here by Saint so what is the problem?  ???

Sorry, but you took that post completely out of context...  I think Mala, out of any FE's out there, deserves it's own forum here.  It is very widely used and a great front end.  I was just merely pointing out the number of threads that specific frontends were mentioned in...  My post was definitely not a stab at Mala in any way.  The thread was closed because it wasn't the official release announcement and the thread title wasn't necessary.

BadBoyBill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2010, 06:34:53 pm
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 07:54:09 pm »

You can rest assured Headkaze that none of the databases used in HyperSpin were taken from anything you made.  I made those by hand as I downloaded each individual boxart by hand when collecting the data.  I with my own mouse did a copy and paste via either GameFAQ's or if there was no info which was rare from Mobi.  I did it this way to ensure each and every single game in our system has its own genre and manufacturer.  I didnt even scrape the data to ensure that it was fully complete.  So there was no common courtesy needed to ask you for anything.  Sorry if you think that it came from your stuff.  I take pride in providing full complete databases and dont want anything to do with using anything anyone else made for their own FE's in a matter which I do not recieve permission.

Loadman: Not sure where all that came from, but I personally have no issue with your or your FE and think its a great project.  There might have been some animosity about people being mad about HS threads, and smack talking.  I try not to take part in those conversations, but people have even personally said things to me about HS threads and I think I only made one thread about it and dont bump other threads at all relating to it yet theres still people saying things to me anyways. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:56:21 pm by BadBoyBill »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 08:21:34 pm »
Looking through the databases the data looked the same to me but if you say you collected it by hand then I believe you. Must have been the fact you used Moby that made it look the same.

Anyway just got a look at HS finally and must say I'm very impressed! I love the transitions and effects you've got going. Something that I've been working on in Razor as well but certainly don't have as many different styles just yet. Very time consuming just getting the Flash style graphics engine written from scratch so I hope to work on some of that fun stuff later down the track.

Also kudos to all the theme creators, they look really professional and well made. What can I say, it's the greatest animated FE by leaps and bounds! Makes me wonder if Razor is worth finishing now  :'( Anyway great stuff!

BTW Can I just suggest that you run in fullscreen at the desktop resolution by default. When I ran it on my dual monitor setup it was in a window in the middle of the two screens. Didn't take me long to find the settings to switch to full screen though. You really got that graphics caching working well too, something I've been having a few issues with in Direct3D.

Here's to the future success of HyperSpin; now I can finally believe the Hype! :cheers:

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:25:09 pm »

Sorry, but you took that post completely out of context...  I think Mala, out of any FE's out there, deserves it's own forum here.  It is very widely used and a great front end.  I was just merely pointing out the number of threads that specific frontends were mentioned in...  My post was definitely not a stab at Mala in any way.  The thread was closed because it wasn't the official release announcement and the thread title wasn't necessary.

Sorry,  :-[   Thanks for clarifying.    ;)   

As you were.  :)   

This FE looks pretty 'sexy'  ;D

boogieman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 05:35:48 pm
  • advancedspuds.com
    • advancedspuds - your source for spudgun information
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 09:34:19 pm »
Oh my lol 14 hrs!  Yikes please seed!  I am really exited about this, been wanting to try it for a LOOOONNGG time!

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 10:14:29 pm »
Oh my lol 14 hrs!  Yikes please seed!  I am really exited about this, been wanting to try it for a LOOOONNGG time!
If you have newsgroup access you can get from alt.binaries.emulators as well.

mcfreak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 01:55:04 pm
  • Asteroids moving along...
    • Hobby Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:46 pm »
Works great on my system and looks great too.  I loved the TG-16 theme, really brought back memories.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 12:53:59 am »
Guys, please stop the pissing match in this thread....  We don't really care who created what application to create the databases as HyperSpin has not used them in the first place. 

I looked over the databases and they look like a great resource for the emulation communities.  Several applications could benefit from these databases.  It is obvious that people have put a good amount of time into creating these and there is no possible way that a single person took on such of a task.  It is evident that each of you put in equal time of their share into such a project.  We really don't need the public bickering and whining as you both are showing not so good sides to the community right now...

Hollywood

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2009, 08:18:27 pm
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 01:27:21 am »
I love it!

This is a fantastic frontend.  It will definately be my frontend of choice and I have tried them all

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 01:30:15 am »
Ok, enough... I really don't care.  I just find it silly that we have access to these wonderful databases that was obviously not created by a single one person.  However, the parties involved with the creation cannot get along well enough to let the community freely use these wonderful files for their own projects.

Honestly, I've had enough bickering between FE creators, database creators and just about everyone on these forums.  We all have a dedication to this hobby or else we wouldn't be here in the first place... Why can't we all just get along for the better of the community?

Trebeck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 01:45:21 am »
Getting back to the thread......
This looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it.  Great job ya'll!

:notworthy:

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 04:35:53 am »
this thread is about the Hyperspin release. We WILL keep this discussion on topic. Airing of dirty laundry from other sources will not be tolerated and treated as thread crapping. All parties will cease that are involved and consider this your warning. Please carry on in a civilized manner pertaining to the release.

edit: admin cleanup

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:39 pm »
The little downside is you need to registered to download the torrent.... Not all would do that to trying a application.

I Different try this out, even the sound might disrupt to much, since my machine is not in a gameroom or such. But that is not deficient a HyperSpin fault at all!!!

good work and good theme idea is all I can say.

tspeirs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2020, 07:44:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »
Just wanted to chip and say congratulations on a very significant first Beta. Incredibly impressive.

Job well done to all.

It ran perfectly first time on my system, and only took a couple of seconds for me to configure for a hi def full screen res and MAME only.

EDIT: Posted this before reading the thread, and I missed all what seems to have gone on.  :cheers:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:08:27 pm by tspeirs »

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 07:11:42 pm »
Why will future themes not be allowed to contain video?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 07:20:46 pm »

Themes can/will contain video, but we don't want people distributing the videos with their uploaded themes.  Circo has worked his ass off creating the EmuMovies collections and he gives people access to his FTP based on donations.  We do not want people freely distributing his work along with their themes in respect to Circo.  However, with this being said Circo at EmuMovies will be hosting the converted video files for HyperSpin on the FTP and also his torrents. 

retrometro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 08:26:04 pm
    • Arcade, mame, retro... and the gp2x.
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 10:10:25 pm »

Themes can/will contain video, but we don't want people distributing the videos with their uploaded themes.  Circo has worked his ass off creating the EmuMovies collections and he gives people access to his FTP based on donations.  We do not want people freely distributing his work along with their themes in respect to Circo.  However, with this being said Circo at EmuMovies will be hosting the converted video files for HyperSpin on the FTP and also his torrents. 

Ironically enough, one of the reason I registered with emumovies.com was because circo was giving away his work for free.  I might have thought twice if he were to give access a la carte per membership fee.

Speaking of giving it away, I'm torrenting HS now.  Can't wait to see how it runs!  Any plans for Sega console themes yet? 

-------- gp2x and retro... play it forever! ------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0EE573E86D5A86E0
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 10:41:07 pm »
Can't seem to crack that ultra complex 'image verification' upon registration so I'm guessing I won't be able to ever figure the actual software!  :D

Oh well, looks like fun...
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 09:18:53 am »
you mean the captcha? just hit the button with the circular arrrows to load a new captcha until there is one you can read.

releasedtruth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2018, 12:06:49 am
  • Projected Nexus
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 11:19:28 am »
Had a chance to play with it a little bit last night. All the game intros are very nicely done, impressive. I'm looking forward to getting it set up as an alternative FE on the machine. I'm guessing future releases will add more game screens, anything else? I don't even use the vast majority of the systems listed.... but it makes me want to now.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 12:30:15 pm »
Had a chance to play with it a little bit last night. All the game intros are very nicely done, impressive. I'm looking forward to getting it set up as an alternative FE on the machine. I'm guessing future releases will add more game screens, anything else? I don't even use the vast majority of the systems listed.... but it makes me want to now.

Future releases are going to be bug fixes and new functionality....  Themes are completely different than the front end.  On the HS forums we will have an area where people can upload and download individual themes.  The theming community will be big and we are hoping to get a lot of people interested in creating graphics and themes.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 02:19:34 pm »
I was hoping to see "genre" themes... or at least "company" themes.  This looks great,  but with the limited number of themes I doubt it will find a home on my cab for a long time.
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 02:28:23 pm »
I was hoping to see "genre" themes... or at least "company" themes.  This looks great,  but with the limited number of themes I doubt it will find a home on my cab for a long time.

I noticed alot of the really nice themes are done in Flash and overlayed as an .swf file. This would take a long time to do all the themes of this quality. So I can see why there needs to be alot of theme creators. I wonder if we can clone Billpa? His work is amazing  :cheers:

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »
Since MAME and Daphne are the only emulators I use among those included, I'm choosing not to torrent download any files related to the other emulators. I hope that won't cause problems - it cuts the download size down by 60%.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Circo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 08:51:56 pm »

Ironically enough, one of the reason I registered with emumovies.com was because circo was giving away his work for free.  I might have thought twice if he were to give access a la carte per membership fee.

I am not quite sure what you mean about this.  Nothing is a la carte???  I mean DVD's to a certain extent but all but nintendo vids are in torrents.  Granted the FTP is much more quickly updated but hey thats why its there :)

Cant tell if your statement is positive or negative.
My Websites

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 09:29:15 pm »

I think there will be some improvements that will balance out the lack of MAME themes. I have been toying around with a genre set of themes. However, I am waiting to see if text will be introduced to the wheel design. That would be a nice generic solution until the themes catch up.

[quote author=headkaze link=topic=83055.msg869041#msg869041 date=1218392903
I noticed alot of the really nice themes are done in Flash and overlayed as an .swf file. This would take a long time to do all the themes of this quality. So I can see why there needs to be alot of theme creators. I wonder if we can clone Billpa? His work is amazing  :cheers:
[/quote]

Yea they do take some time. Thanks for the compliment!

retrometro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 08:25:29 pm »

I am not quite sure what you mean about this.  Nothing is a la carte???  I mean DVD's to a certain extent but all but nintendo vids are in torrents.  Granted the FTP is much more quickly updated but hey thats why its there :)

Cant tell if your statement is positive or negative.

I mean that if you didn't allow access and only charged for any sort of access.  It would have made folks like me not donate.  But since you were giving it away already, it compels those that use your collection to donate.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 01:18:07 pm »
Just an FYI for anyone that wants to try this FE - it appears there's a bug in it that if you're using an Athlon XP processor or a P3 it won't work.  The buzz is it's because it requires the use of SSE2, and these processors don't use it.

gonzo90017

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2019, 02:41:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 03:58:09 pm »
You can add Amd Semprons to the list.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 12:58:36 am »
Just an FYI for anyone that wants to try this FE - it appears there's a bug in it that if you're using an Athlon XP processor or a P3 it won't work.  The buzz is it's because it requires the use of SSE2, and these processors don't use it.

It works on both my AMD Phenom Quad core and my AMD Athlon X2 4200+ systems.  On another note, I also tried it on my P4 1.4 ghz machine and it ran rather slow.  So why would you want to run it on anything less anyway?
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 03:57:59 pm »

It works on both my AMD Phenom Quad core and my AMD Athlon X2 4200+ systems.  On another note, I also tried it on my P4 1.4 ghz machine and it ran rather slow.  So why would you want to run it on anything less anyway?

Because it's what I've got?  Because older hardware is less expensive?

I had lots of hope for this FE, but all in all, it's a fancy flash player that launches apps.  If it can't play flash across platforms, that just sucks.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:03 pm »
Sorry to hear that.  But it did look rather "flashy" in the demo preview movies we've all seen.  One could assume pretty much by watching the videos that it would not run well on older machines.

On a brighter note, my arcade comp cost under $200 including shipping from Tigerdirect.com which included an AMD X2 4200+, 2GB of ram and a 160GB hard drive.  It also included the case and 500w power supply.  Has been running great ever since, and that was about 8 months ago.  It will probably be even cheaper now.

You would just have to decide if this new FE is worth the upgrade or not.  But keep in mind, by upgrading you would also gain other benefits besides just being able to run this front end.

Last but not least, the software is still in beta, which is a good thing, so that they can iron out the majority of the bugs.  Perhaps this issue will be ironed out in future releases?  But so far, I think they are steering in the right direction.  Also keep in mind that this software is FREE which means the authors are not doing it for profit.  So let's not be to harsh on them.
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 08:45:29 pm »
This is the Internet.  I can be as harsh as I want.  :D

I'm sure they'll iron this out.  I was just disappointed that after all the hype I couldn't run it right away.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 03:41:56 am »
Don't believe the Hype!   ;)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:47 am »
I haven't tested this yet, but would do that sooner or later when I have time.

ETC I have never really liked Flash, due it too CPU intuitive and slow at hell, so it require a very fast machines, and it is not cheap at all (it was very high priced). It might been a lots better on its newest versions, but I dedicated to go java instead flash due with that reason when I wanted to create some webgames.

But still kodus to have this eye catch FE  :D :D.... and this is still a beta, so of course there is still some major/minor bugs in.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 06:38:16 am »
I haven't tested this yet, but would do that sooner or later when I have time.

ETC I have never really liked Flash, due it too CPU intuitive and slow at hell, so it require a very fast machines, and it is not cheap at all (it was very high priced). It might been a lots better on its newest versions, but I dedicated to go java instead flash due with that reason when I wanted to create some webgames.

But still kodus to have this eye catch FE  :D :D.... and this is still a beta, so of course there is still some major/minor bugs in.

Yes you obviously haven't checked out ActionScript 3 or Flex. Flash is now very fast! HyperSpin would not have been possible in Flash 8/AS 2. Since Adobe have taken over from Macromedia it's now a serious platform and alot of software is being developed for it including desktop applications through Flex as well as on the web through Flash CS3. If you take a look at some Flash games written in AS3 you will notice the performance is on par with Java now. I also believe ActionScript 3 is now a serious OO language and certainly worth another look for those who have been disappointed with it's performance in the past.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:41:13 am by headkaze »

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 07:10:02 am »
I still wonder why Flash needs such of power to do simple 2d animation.  there is a waste of CPU ressource somewhere in the stack...

I was developping with Action Script , years ago (in 1993) , it was not yet called "Flash", the multimedia tool was simply called "Action" .  I made a kind of video clip for a advertising company.  At that time it was very fast. and i used a 486DX2 66Mhz as development machine. And all that i saw in hyperspin skins for now i think was already doable (may be not rotation , i'm not sure about that). Of course at that time i was working in 640x480  ,the amount of data to manipulated was not so huge. But it does not justify the ressource needed by today's application.

HS Skins are very simple :  one video or one image has background , 2 to 5 images that translate (optionnaly with rotation and zooming) to take their final position.  And a wheel that display a dozen of images.  Take what ever 2D Video game you want  since the 90's , they use the same kind of graphics and  they are able to display that on very lower machine...

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 07:43:47 am »
I do still see some nasty ads take the whole 100% power on my 3200+ processor with no reason (but I guess it its antialasing, which is slow in Flash). so it not bug free, but elsewice if used correctly, it can been a good platform today (if you looked on my webgame, all is coded in java, but the sound is all Flash).

But otherwice I agree with headkaze since I known a another develpler also say ActionScript 3 is LOTS better than 2.

This FE should and guess take advance of it.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 09:03:31 am »
I still wonder why Flash needs such of power to do simple 2d animation.  there is a waste of CPU ressource somewhere in the stack...

For a start Flex is not using 3d accelleration to render it's graphics. Also it's much slower to render vector graphics than it is to render textured quads in a 3d engine. I'd like to see you try and render a HS theme using DirectDraw including rotation on all 3 axis and png alpha channel support at the same speed. Your video of AtomicFE running "HyperSpin style" theme clearly can't pull it off at a decent framerate.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:11:13 am by headkaze »

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 09:49:33 am »
I'd like to see you try and render a HS theme using DirectDraw including rotation on all 3 axis and png alpha channel support at the same speed.

You should see that soon... but you are right , not at the same speed ...  Faster !!   ;D

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 10:09:49 am »
You should see that soon... but you are right , not at the same speed ...  Faster !!   ;D

Yeah yeah videos or it didn't happen! While were waiting you can watch ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:14:05 am by headkaze »

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 10:31:22 am »
Where is yours?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38:24 am »
Where is yours?

"Coming soon" like yours, but I do have a video at least  ;D

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:43 am »
Do you remember that you said Video Reflection with alpha channel was impossible with directdraw ? or something like that.   ??

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=62924.msg626797#msg626797

I said i can do that , and i proved it less than one week after :

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=63240.0

You know headkaze what seems impossible for you it is not necesseraly for others!  ;D

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 11:18:11 am »
Do you remember that you said Video Reflection with alpha channel was impossible with directdraw ? or something like that.   ??

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=62924.msg626797#msg626797

I said i can do that , and i proved it less than one week after :

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=63240.0

You know headkaze what seems impossible for you it is not necesseraly for others!  ;D

I never said you couldn't do it. In fact I gave Tom source code to do alpha faded reflections in DirectDraw for GameEx back when that thread was made too but he never used it ;) You can do anything in software, but my problem has always been with speed. If you have to "fake" alpha channel using tricks then thats fine as long as it's fast. You did a good job considering your using DirectDraw (I don't doubt your skills as a coder)

I think you can do it, but I would like to see you do it faster than HyperSpin since your saying it's slow. If you think it's slow then do it faster in a 2D API like DirectDraw. Your current video does not demonstrate rotation on all axis with alpha channel. I hope you can do it, because I would like to see it :)

BTW Youki we should probably stop hijacking this thread now ;)

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 11:23:51 am »
BTW Youki we should probably stop hijacking this thread now

No pb.  We stop.   Sorry  :cheers:

scrapple

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2013, 12:38:38 pm
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 01:09:22 pm »

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:18 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008, 09:31:41 am »
I guess no one is seeding Hyperspin. It's been a couple of days now and it's still 0%    :P

I wanted to try it out. I only got Hypertheme and been playing witht that one in the meantime  :applaud:
Is there anyway MNG could be used or save theme in MNG ?

I'm am thinking about using it with Advmenu.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 12:00:15 pm »
Thats weird. Because my torrent client is telling me there are 9 seeders. I just hopped on right now and I am uploading around 150 MB per second. Try again and let me know if its still not working for you.

EVEGames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2018, 05:14:39 pm
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 10:54:23 pm »
Thenasty, don't forget your good old friend Usenet.  The complete Hyperspin release is available at alt.binaries.emulators.
I'll take the Newsgroups over peer-to-peer networks any day of the week.
And twice on Sunday.  8)

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2012, 07:34:08 am
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:48 am »
Thenasty, don't forget your good old friend Usenet.  The complete Hyperspin release is available at alt.binaries.emulators.
I'll take the Newsgroups over peer-to-peer networks any day of the week.
And twice on Sunday.  8)

Seconded. I got the entire 600Mb download down in about six minutes :)

Dazz - VEEERRY nice. The only issue I have at this stage is the limited number of themes (I'm only using MAME and have about 120 games I want available). Once this is addressed I think I might rethink my FE....

Congrats on a wicked top notch job, HS devs. You should feel suitably proud. Worked first time, straight out of the box. Nice one  :cheers:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 09:31:00 am »
Just to clarify... BadBoyBill is the developer of HyperSpin.  I am just a pawn.  I did the upload to Newsgroups, but if you are looking for more themes then definitely come check out the HyperSpin site.  Many new themes are being created by the community on a daily basis.  I think 50 new themes have been added since the torrent and newsgroups were uploaded.

EVEGames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2018, 05:14:39 pm
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 10:34:45 am »
And now that HyperTheme has been released, the themes are going to really start rolling in.  I'm going to take my first shot at a theme this weekend.  Maybe I'll tackle CubeQuest  :laugh:

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:46 am »
(A) Is there a system in place where people can make theme requests?  I'd love to see a World Class Bowling/Deluxe theme.

(B) Will the new themes be packaged up and offered as a "theme pack" at any time?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Thenasty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:18 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 10:55:32 am »
Dazz, i tried it again and now getting 2 seeders   :cheers:.   I woke this morning and got the entire 1GB. ;D

I agree with A.B.E. I casually hang out there and A.B.E.M.

I going to try HS tonight.

Thnx...
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 03:41:33 pm »
(A) Is there a system in place where people can make theme requests?  I'd love to see a World Class Bowling/Deluxe theme.

(B) Will the new themes be packaged up and offered as a "theme pack" at any time?

Theme requests can be made in this thread

I am actually workin gon a WCB theme...but its the first game. I cannot find any artwork for Tournament or Deluxe. I think the art is identical except for the addition of those words so I might just mock something up and do the whole set.

I can not give out a definite answer of another theme pack but that was kind of BBBs idea from the beginning. Once we reach a certain number of new themes, we will zip them up and distribute it via torrent and a newsgroup which Dazz set up.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 12:22:42 am »
Has the AMD isue been resolved yet? My Mame cab is running a Sempron 3300. I would like to check it out, but if that bug hasn't been squashed, I won't bother...

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 04:16:41 am »
I think it is a not only a AMD bug ,  that is something with CPU that does not support SSE2  or something like that.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2008, 08:29:55 am »
Yes the issue is still around and is because of the CPU's not supporting SSE2 instructions.  We don't know if this is ever going to be something that can be gotten around as this is something within the ActionScript3 language itself and not the actual programming of HyperSpin.   

With this being said, from the very beginning we stated that HyperSpin would require higher specs than most other front ends.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008, 10:07:10 am »
Just a question,  Does HyperTheme have the same problem?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2008, 10:11:17 am »

I don't think it does, but I have not tested it on my non SS2 computer.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008, 10:25:16 am »
It does not use ActionScript 3?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2008, 10:49:27 am »
It does not use ActionScript 3?

I don't know... I'm not the one programming it.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:40 pm »
It would be the Flex compiler so my guess is Adobe will end up fixing it.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 03:54:51 pm »

To answer your question, Yes the same happens in HyperTheme.  As HK states below this is an Adobe issue with their compiler.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 01:35:18 pm »
Can this be used on a vertical monitor?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2008, 10:55:36 am »
Can this be used on a vertical monitor?
Unfortunately it is Horizontal only at this time.  Vertical is under discussion.

Onji

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2022, 02:50:23 pm
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2008, 04:28:11 pm »
Awesome frontend guys, runs great. Thank you for the hard work going into this.  :applaud:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2008, 11:50:40 pm »
Over 200 themes created and still counting... The theme creators are turning out themes like mating rabbits.

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 12:36:06 am »
Are there going to be theme packs to download or do we have to get all themes separately?
Old, but not obsolete.

retrometro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11:46 am »
Are there going to be theme packs to download or do we have to get all themes separately?

I was just thinking about this.   even though a lot of the new themes are user/community created, i'd much rather have a terrible or so-so theme than not having one at all.   either way, i'd like to get all the themes and then only go back to substitute or delete  afterwards.

joebells

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2009, 07:57:45 pm
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 09:27:53 am »

There's talk about it recently. I think it does make the most sense instead of going and individually downloading a bunch of individual themes.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2008, 01:58:59 pm »
I actually uploaded the artwork for all of the currently released MAME themes yesterday to alt.binaries.emulators.  File name is called HSThemes_090508 and is about 200mb without videos.

retrometro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2008, 04:04:01 pm »
I haven't really kept up with the normal "workflow" for getting media and videos for themes....

is emumovies providing flv versions of the videos or are we supposed to convert them to flv ourselves?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2008, 06:38:55 pm »
I haven't really kept up with the normal "workflow" for getting media and videos for themes....

is emumovies providing flv versions of the videos or are we supposed to convert them to flv ourselves?

Circo is converting all the videos over to flv

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2008, 09:35:15 am »

HyperSpin 0.6.0.6

Fixed Zinc issue with adding period after romname

Fixed issue with spaces after romname which affects magic engine not launching games

Fixed genres causing black screen if main list wasnt called "All Games"

Fixed Zoom Out animation not starting animation from right coordinates.

Fixed chase animation, now can start from left or right side of screen. Default is left side.

Fixed where removing special artwork 1 or renaming it caused HS to lock up.

Fixed where if using a system with default artworks, then choosing a genre causes them to disappear.

Fixed No Wheel Images showing up with doing a game jump (jumping ahead x games)

Fixed where if on first game you hit left to get to a game then scroll down
about 10 games your games would be off by about 20 games and your themes wouldnt be on the right game.

Fixed sounds going away when navigating to themes with background music

Added feature to fade wheel out to an alpha of your choice when entering a theme.  In the wheel section for each emulator you can set alpha = 0 to make the wheel go invisible, .5 would be 50% transparency, 1 would be normal.

Added new vertical wheel style   [wheel] style = vertical

Added feature to remove background animations all together
Settings.ini     [Backgrounds]   Animated = true or false

Added feature to just turn off advanced background animations
Settings.ini     [Backgrounds]   UseAdvanced = true or false

You can either add the ini settings manually or you can download the full install and get the new ini files provided for you.

HyperLaunch

What HyperLaunch is:

HyperLaunch is a multi emu wrapper/launcher. 
HyperLaunch is an alternative to using HyperSpins built in launching methods.
HyperLaunch is open for anyone to edit.

Advantages of using HyperLaunch to launch your games.

*No need for special emu's for exiting.  HyperLaunch will close any emu with any key or key combo.

*Hide the launching of emu's.  No dosbox, no windows, popup screens, etc.

*Can hide the mouse cursor, taskbar, desktop, during emulator launch

*Helps get back to HyperSpin better when exiting an emu.

*No need for daphne bat files, run directly from HS with our xml.

*No need for zinc bat files with our xml.

*Launch NullDC (Dreamcast) without those pesky windows.

*Set 1 or 2 hotkeys to exit any emu.

*Can have multiple rom extensions to check when launching a game

*Everything is verified before launch, emupath, rompath, rom, daphne framefiles location, etc...  Gives useful error messages incase you have bad settings.

*Can use relative paths to help use HS from portable drives.

You must set hyperlaunch = true in your ini files.
HyperLaunch uses your ini files for HyperSpin.   You must place HyperLaunch.exe into your HyperSpin directory.

HyperLaunch reads these keys from your ini files:
path
rompath
exe
romextension

All other keys in your exe section are ignored.  It doesnt launch pc games yet but it will get that value from your ini's also on next release.

COMMAND LINE USAGE TO TEST HYPERLAUNCH:

HyperLaunch.exe   "System Name from Hyperspin"  "Rom Name"

Ex. 1        HyperLaunch.exe MAME mslug
Ex. 2        HyperLaunch.exe "Sega Dreamcast" "Some_iso.iso"

Use quotes if spaces in name.

So for MAME here is how mine is setup for mame

[exe info]
path = C:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME\
rompath = C:\HyperSpin\Emulators\MAME\roms\
userompath =
exe = mame.exe
romextension = zip
parameters =
pcgame =
pcgameextension =
winstate =
hyperlaunch = true

You can have mutiple rom extensions like this:

romextension = zip,bin,iso

I know this might seem complicated but its easy once you set up your first emu.  This is meant to give more control over launching games than what HyperSpin alone can provide.   You can always still use HyperSpins built in launching.

The source is included if you want to edit some settings, its a .ahk file. Which is an autohotkey script, to compile you need to download Autohotkey, once installed just right click the .ahk file and click compile, simple as that.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Here are a couple examples of the new wheel options:

Vertical wheel with alpha set at 100%.

Vertical wheel with alpha set at 50%.

Vertical wheel with alpha set at 15%.

Vertical wheel with alpha set at 0%.

Also, for those of you that tried HS using older CPU's that just displayed a black/blank screen.  We have a new .exe that I just tested and HyperSpin now works on older CPU's that do not have SSE2 processing.  If you had this issue and would like to help test this new .exe please stop by the HyperSpin site and check out the forums.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Make It So!
Will you implement a vertical orientation of this at some point??

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Will you implement a vertical orientation of this at some point??
I'm not the developer, but I don't think he has vertical orientation planned.  It would require every theme to be rebuilt and this would be another major undertaking on top of what it takes to get themes now.  I'm not ruling it out, but I don't see it being done anytime soon.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
BTW I am working with Arzoo and BBB to make HS work with LED BLINKY. Look for full support in next HS release!

Banacek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2017, 05:01:31 pm
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 04:09:47 am »
It would be the Flex compiler so my guess is Adobe will end up fixing it.

I just got done testing a new beta of Hyperspin and it seems to be working great on my Athlon. So, a fix is in the works, for all us Athlon users.

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
Re: HyperSpin v0.6.0.6 - Released. Added Alpha and Vertical wheel options and m
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51:36 am »
BTW I am working with Arzoo and BBB to make HS work with LED BLINKY. Look for full support in next HS release!

:cheers:  :applaud:  :notworthy:  :applaud:  :cheers:

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2008, 10:02:57 am »
Yep...seems like the new release fixes the black screen bug Athlon users were encountering as well as add LED Blinky support. I don't have the gear to test it myself but users I know Bent got it working great. In fact, I believe this release also supports lighting of buttons based on controls used...not only just when playing the game but also when selecting it on the wheel. So essentially it will change every time you select a new game on the wheel (at least for emulators like MAME where controls change).

We also have 250+ MAME themes completed as well as default themes for Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket Color, NES, N64, Daphne, a few others I think. We are also working on a complete default theme for Sega Master System and 32X. They should be done in a week or two.

Most of these are all complete and the video sets are available through emumovies. These default themes are designed really well...ie visually interesting. A couple are complete with the exception of a new video set. These are all in the works. Circo is doing a tremendous job with the movies. You should see how nice the Daphne set came out. No more washed out colors and irregular black bars on the side.

Currently there are a couple of dozen users creating some great MAME themes and are also branching out into other areas. Since HyperLaunch has been released, some people have played around with HS themes for viewing movies. Essentially a theme for each movie...video preview is the trailer...HS launches (i believe) VLC full screen to watch movie. When you exit the movie, it goes back to HS.

There are also new options for wheel styles, a way to ghost back surrounding wheel images, a function to turn off more advanced background transitions (or background transitions alltogether) for slower computers that might lag on particular effects, and a way to filter the xml for your game database so only the games that you have themes installed will appear on the list.

Tons of new stuff...lots and lots of improvements since initial public release!

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
Led blinky support is going well. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have full functionality with a BIG THANKS to Arzoo. Also  more fantastic news, Bill plans on adding full U360 support. If anyone has a U360 joystick, Mame setup and Hyperspin installed please head over to the HS Chat and let Billy know.

There are also plans to add support for pre and post commands to allow mounting and unmounting of D-tools to run emulators like Sega Saturn and PCE CD cue files.

Hyperspin is really starting to take shape and offer the same support as many more established FE out there.

With this being said if anyone who knows thier way around Photoshop can help with Theme creation or even more importantly Wheel graphics it will help mature this amazing FE quicker. Once full wheel art sets for each system are completed this can offer the ability to run all your favorites arcade and console emulators.

Please head over to hyperspin-fe.com to help out.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:37:53 pm by bent98 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Led blinky support is going well. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have full functionality with a BIG THANKS to Arzoo. Also  more fantastic news, Bill plans on adding full U360 support. If anyone has a U360 joystick, Mame setup and Hyperspin installed please head over to the HS Chat and let Billy know.

LEDBlinky can also auto map the u360 based on the selected game and return to a FE map (like 4-way) when not playing a game.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
Led blinky support is going well. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have full functionality with a BIG THANKS to Arzoo. Also  more fantastic news, Bill plans on adding full U360 support.

Woo-Hoo!   :applaud: :notworthy:

jtslade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2023, 11:34:45 am
  • Keep it looking originallish!
So I will try out some of these new EXE's and settings to see if my

P4 1.7 with 2gb ram  and  a AGP 4x   5200FX Nvidia will be able to run it.

I love the front end but my current computer (above) for EMU's can not run it at full speed.

Anyone else try the other exe files available ????
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

jtslade

• Offline Offline

LEDBlinky can also auto map the u360 based on the selected game and return to a FE map (like 4-way) when not playing a game.

Could a LED Blinky run a say a LED display from one of these

http://www.lc-led.com/Catalog/department/36/category/50/10

To make it look just like the coin credit LED found on an original MVS neo geo cab??

Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Updated today:

32X wheel and default theme available for download.

32X Boxart has been touched up and is available in our downloads section.

Movie themes!

billpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2008, 10:21:46 pm »
So I will try out some of these new EXE's and settings to see if my

P4 1.7 with 2gb ram  and  a AGP 4x   5200FX Nvidia will be able to run it.

I love the front end but my current computer (above) for EMU's can not run it at full speed.

Anyone else try the other exe files available ????

You are better off registering at the site (if you havent yet) and posting the question. In the meantime you can PM me with questions here or on hyperspin-fe.com. There are a couple of things you can try to get it to run better.

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
Any ideas when the HyperSpin_0.6.0.6 torrent will be ready
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Any ideas when the HyperSpin_0.6.0.6 torrent will be ready
dm
It is being worked on, but more than likely it will be 0.6.0.8 when it is released.  This new version adds support for LEDBlinky and a couple other fixes and additions.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Could a LED Blinky run a say a LED display from one of these

http://www.lc-led.com/Catalog/department/36/category/50/10

To make it look just like the coin credit LED found on an original MVS neo geo cab??

I'm sure that the software could be modified to drive that display, but the real issue is there's no way to keep an accurate credit count.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
LED Blinky support will be cool.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:33:46 pm by RetroBorg »

Havok

• Offline Offline
Sorry if this is already addressed somewhere, but does HS has a search function?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Sorry if this is already addressed somewhere, but does HS has a search function?
How does one search when there is no keyboard or hard to access (admin only)?  If you have favorites lists and quicker navigation (ala Maximus) there is no need for a search.

Havok

• Offline Offline
Well, in AtomicFE it is simple. You press a pre-defined button. In my case, it is the Player 2 button, and then an alphanumeric keyboard pops up. You use the joystick to move the selection to the letter you want, and in my case, press Player 1 button to select. When you have entered enough characters to search by, select the filter option you want, and press the Player 1 button to select. Atomic generates a new list based on the search parameters you entered.

When you've got an All Games list with 7,000 plus entries, I want a search function to find a game. I think it is especially cool when people come over, and you ask them what they want to play, do a search, and Bam! you're playing. I do have other lists based on my favorite games and what works with what hot swappable panel I have installed at the moment, but it's also nice to be able to quickly access a game that is not on any of your pre-defined lists.

Who needs a keyboard? And navigation gets old quick when you have to go through 7,000 games and growing game lists...

Perhaps a feature request, then? Because there is a need for a search.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
Do yourself a favour and check out Bill's Sega Model 2 Theme Pack:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8379#
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:25:27 pm by RetroBorg »

Banacek

• Offline Offline

Downloading one theme at a time is a bit ridiculous, especially with the 3 minute wait. Hopefully they release a newer torrent soon, or at least an updated theme torrent...

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator

Downloading one theme at a time is a bit ridiculous, especially with the 3 minute wait. Hopefully they release a newer torrent soon, or at least an updated theme torrent...
Well then donate for a gold membership and you dont have to wait.

It took alot more then 3 minutes to make each theme.

mountain

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 11:42:28 am
    • Mountain Jukeboxes

:cheers: :applaud:

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline

My photoshop skills weren't the best when I started making themes for HyperSpin, I reckon my Xevious theme took me at least 3 days to make, I guess my latest one "Star Wars" only took me about an hour but I still need to clean up few images before it's complete.

I don't think 3 minutes is too long to wait in between downloads.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator

I hope more talented people who have photoshop skill can help the cause.

Banacek

• Offline Offline

No thanks. If they want help coding, then they can go open source and I'd be more than willing to help out.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse

No thanks. If they want help coding, then they can go open source and I'd be more than willing to help out.
So... you know AS3?  I guess you are just lucky that Bill is still wanting to keep this project FREE.  The server to host these files and the bandwidth necessary costs money, donations are what keep this project running in the background.  While the donations are nice; what we really want is more people that is good with Photoshop/Illustrator artwork.  If you can't find it in your self to make a monetary donation then perhaps create a couple GOOD themes and you might earn a donator status. 

With attitudes like yours; I am perfectly fine with creating a new torrent/newsgroup files every 6 months or more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:54:17 pm by Dazz »

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
  • Yes this avatar was stolen too!!!
Dazz i can offer 10 -15 GB and 300GB bandwidth/month for file hosting if you like.
100 mbit hosted in london.

For free offcourse. Like all other things i host.

Test file of 100mb  http://www.twin-x.com/test/test100.zip

Banacek

• Offline Offline
So... you know AS3?  I guess you are just lucky that Bill is still wanting to keep this project FREE.  The server to host these files and the bandwidth necessary costs money, donations are what keep this project running in the background.  While the donations are nice; what we really want is more people that is good with Photoshop/Illustrator artwork.  If you can't find it in your self to make a monetary donation then perhaps create a couple GOOD themes and you might earn a donator status. 

With attitudes like yours; I am perfectly fine with creating a new torrent/newsgroup files every 6 months or more.

I don't know AS3, but I know that HyperHQ isn't using AS3, and the author for that has disappeared. If Bill doesn't want to work on it or is too busy with Hyperspin I'm be more than willing to help with HyperHQ (though most of my experience is with open source languages). I have no experience with Illustrator or Photoshop so I'd be no help to you there. Let's let Bill focus on Hyperspin and others can help with the helper tools.

You need to learn not to take things personally. I know bandwidth is insane, that's what torrents are the way to go. Once you remove the downloads the forum hosting becomes much cheaper and easier to deal with. I most likely would donate, but right now isn't the right time.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse

I don't know AS3, but I know that HyperHQ isn't using AS3, and the author for that has disappeared. If Bill doesn't want to work on it or is too busy with Hyperspin I'm be more than willing to help with HyperHQ (though most of my experience is with open source languages). I have no experience with Illustrator or Photoshop so I'd be no help to you there. Let's let Bill focus on Hyperspin and others can help with the helper tools.

You need to learn not to take things personally. I know bandwidth is insane, that's what torrents are the way to go. Once you remove the downloads the forum hosting becomes much cheaper and easier to deal with. I most likely would donate, but right now isn't the right time.
Actually, the original HQ wasn't using AS3, but it is now.  Bill has started development on a new HQ and has actually made very good headway so far.  Looks real good thus far.

I wasn't taking it personally...  I was just trying to explain that the 3 minutes between downloads is justified to help control downloads.  Even with the 3 minutes we have exceeded allotted CPU usage several different times...  I am the one that handles the newsgroup upload and I am currently working on a new package that contains all of the necessary artwork.  The point is the delay is there for a reason.  We will still update the torrents and newsgroups, but it is not a top priority.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin.  This version includes LEDBlinky support (Thanks Azroo!).  In doing so this version also includes U360 support via the LEDBlinky application.  I have not been able to test this feature as I do not have U360's, so please use this at your own risk.

Also, the first release of the *NEW* HyperHQ, our config application has also been released.  This version includes basic settings, but it shows the direction that the config application is going.

Below is the list of updates for this new version. 

HyperSpin 0.7.0.1

Fixed where artworks display only if theres and xml entry for that artwork.  This prevents showing artwork from 2 installed themes for the same game.
Now only the last installed theme will show its arwork.

Fixed issue with last theme not showing up when using the themes only feature.

Fixed Exit program not writing to the log when quitting HS not via the exit menu.

Fixed Vertical wheel style starting out to fast and not the normal speed.

Fixed bug with default artworks not clearing when coming to a game with theme greater than 2 games away.

Fixed issue with working directories for Startup and Exit programs, should run fine now.

Fixed Startup and Exit program not accepting parameters correctly

Fixed all yes/no settings to true/false, all old themes are still backward compatible.

Fixed pointer not hiding with with wheel when using the wheel alpha option.

Removed pcgameextensions key from ini files since its no longer needed, use romextension.

Added HS now is self installing, no need to download support files except for themes, wheel images and boxart.
the entire installation is created on first run from an empty folder and will create all the necessary folders,
finished databases, settings files, and basic artworks necessary to run HS.

Added
version auditor, from now on when you download new releases HS will audit your install on first run and add
new settings as necessary and update missing settings from all files.  Basically simply running a new version of HS will
fix your old torrent download with anything thats missing.

Added
LED Blinky support.  **U360 support via LEDBlinky**

Added Option to disable exit menu.

Added Option to set custom video path. Video overlay artworks still must be in the video folder.

HyperHQ 0.5.0.1

This is my first release of HyperHQ, its very minimal at the moment, but will give you an idea of where Im going with it.

You can adjust all main settings from it.

You can only adjust the exe section of your emu settings currently. 

No list generation yet, Im not there yet, but its all coming.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:19:00 pm by Dazz »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
Another fine update!
 :applaud:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:15:12 pm by bent98 »

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
    • TeeVee Games
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.1 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***LedBlinky and U360 Support***
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:50 pm »
Playing around with it now.  I love the direction this is going and hopefully I can get the time to move it to my cab and see how it does with the LEDBlinky and U360's.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin.  This version includes LEDBlinky support (Thanks Azroo!).  In doing so this version also includes U360 support via the LEDBlinky application.  I have not been able to test this feature as I do not have U360's, so please use this at your own risk.

Nice to see my new UltraStik.dll getting a work out in HyperSpin  :cheers:

I'm just curious can HS use dll's directly? When I spoke to BBB about it he made me think that Flex can't interop with dll's. I guess it doesn't matter if you use external apps like LEDBlinky though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:30:02 am by headkaze »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:45 am »

Nice to see my new UltraStik.dll getting a work out in HyperSpin  :cheers:

For all who are interested, the u360 support was added to LEDBlinky mainly because I had a couple of 360's on my system and the Blinky code already did most of the work - identifying the type of game control (2-way, 4-way, 8-way, etc.). For HyperSpin, I made a few mods so the app could easily be used without any LEDs or LED configuration - for those who only need the u360 features. There's really no risk  ;)

By the way, LEDBlinky (and therefore HyperSpin) also supports the GPWiz-49.

Also - a big thanks to Heakaze - many of the hardware interface libraries that LEDBlinky uses were developed by him!  :cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Todd H

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 12:58:49 pm
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2008, 09:05:13 am »
I'm liking what I'm seeing. So far the only complaints I have are Windows dialog boxes still being viewable when I exit a game in MAME even when using Hyperlaunch and no native joystick support. When these two things are done, I'll make it my front end of choice.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2008, 02:57:04 pm »
Arzoo how do i set it up so that the wheel turns with the u360?
I got the led's working and the joystick works in games (not tested yet if it uses diffrent maps)

But no wheel spin :(

another thing. Game lights work for the seconds you point it to. But they do not keep lit when playing a game.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:44:57 pm by Twin-X »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:11 pm »
Sounds linke you didnt config other emulator and hyperspin buttons in ledblinky

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »
Sounds linke you didnt config other emulator and hyperspin buttons in ledblinky

Under FE i choose Hyperspin.
On the hyperspin tab i pointed to the settings.ini (demo game controls 10 sec)
Configured the mame tab
Misc tab markes U360 and Restrictor

Input map generated

What other emulator do i need to config? I don't need hyperspin buttons light up so i did not create a hyperspin profile.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2008, 06:28:53 pm »
Arzoo how do i set it up so that the wheel turns with the u360?
I got the led's working and the joystick works in games (not tested yet if it uses diffrent maps)

But no wheel spin :(

another thing. Game lights work for the seconds you point it to. But they do not keep lit when playing a game.
Twin-X,
I'm not sure what you're asking with the wheel spin? Are you referring to a driving game and you want the u360 to act as the steering wheel? If so, that would be a mame setting - LEDBlinky only handles the maps.

As for the game lights, did you check "Light Game Controls" on the Game Options tab (LEDBlinky config)? If you did and it's still not working, turn on the debug/verbose option on the Misc Options tab, run a game, then post or email me the debug.log file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 07:27:40 pm »
Arzoo,

He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's.  I can't afford any U360's to test with so I really don't know how they are supposed to be setup.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »
Arzoo,

He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's.  I can't afford any U360's to test with so I really don't know how they are supposed to be setup.

They work like standard analog joysticks, so what they are asking is can you use analog joysticks to navigate in HS. If HS can interop with dll's it would be rather trivial to add support for joysticks, since all you need to do is write a simple dll that uses DirectInput to poll the joysticks and then callback to the host program with that data. That is why I was asking before if Flex can interop with dll's because it's a major limitation on what you can do without that. If you can interop with them, then you could add a tonne of features that way especially when it comes to talking to hardware.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 08:25:18 pm »
He's talking about the navigation wheel from within HyperSpin.  I know in the HyperSpin settings key configs have to be setup, but I don't know with the U360's. 

Doh! I should have realized that.  :)
Well, Blinky can set the u360 to analog mode when the FE is active, but I have no idea if HyperSpin can detect and use the u360 for scrolling the wheel.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:02 pm »
As a workaround for now you could always run Joy2Key or similar just for the FE, which is what I'm planning to do in the interim.   

Seriously, the LedBlinky and U360 support was the only thing keeping this FE off the cab, but now that it's in place, it's time to start putting it to the test on the cab. 

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2008, 03:09:54 am »
Who else is using U360 Ledblinky and hyperspin?

I have set everything i am positive about it. I have used U360 and Ledblinky for some time now with MaLa so i know how to configure it.

So to sum it up on my machine:

No u360 support in Hyperspin. Have to use joy2key for wheel navigation.
U360 map switching does not work my joysticks stay on 4 way.
Ledblinky, game and hyperspincontrols do light up when navigating. (game controls light up for the default 5 seconds)
Starting a game does not light game controls. However the hypersincontrols do light during the gameplay.

I am gonna try the same setup for ledblinky on mala tonight to see if the u360 works and if the selected game buttons stay lit.

Still a fantastic job everyone. Thanks

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
Just a quick message to let everyone know that BadBoyBill has released a new version of HyperSpin. 

HyperSpin 0.7.0.1

Dazz are you going to be making a new NZB/torrent for this release with all the new themes in one easy to swallow capsule at all please? There are loads that have been released by both team and user since the v0604 seeds were released in August.

Many thanks, this FE is looking wicked! :)  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:40:36 am by Diewrecked »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2008, 08:13:45 am »
Who else is using U360 Ledblinky and hyperspin?

I have set everything i am positive about it. I have used U360 and Ledblinky for some time now with MaLa so i know how to configure it.

So to sum it up on my machine:

No u360 support in Hyperspin. Have to use joy2key for wheel navigation.
U360 map switching does not work my joysticks stay on 4 way.
Ledblinky, game and hyperspincontrols do light up when navigating. (game controls light up for the default 5 seconds)
Starting a game does not light game controls. However the hypersincontrols do light during the gameplay.

I am gonna try the same setup for ledblinky on mala tonight to see if the u360 works and if the selected game buttons stay lit.

Still a fantastic job everyone. Thanks

Turn on the debug/verbose option and email me the log.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

joebells

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2009, 07:57:45 pm
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:54 am »
I think that the themes might all be packaged together at some point seperate from hs since hs can build its whole environment now

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »
The log file from Twin-X seems to indicate that HS is not sending a message to LEDBlinky when a game is started (it is sending a message when the game quits). Both Bent98 and I tested this in beta and it worked fine. Has anyone else tried using LEDBlinky with the current HS release and had the buttons correctly light up (flash and speak, etc.) when a game is launched?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:45:44 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2008, 01:48:59 pm »
I have tested it with latest release and with you final build of led blinky and it works fine.  I am not sure I understand what not working specifically.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:53:49 pm by bent98 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2008, 03:28:35 pm »
I have tested it with latest release and with you final build of led blinky and it works fine.  I am not sure I understand what not working specifically.

The buttons are lighting up for the demo mode (scrolling through the wheel), but not when a game is launched. The log never shows event #3 (gamestart). Very odd.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2008, 06:05:31 pm »
When I lauch a game it goes into a start game animation then lights the correct buttons.

I have tested it for demo mode in MAME games
I have tested for generic emulators where all buttons light up
I have tested for generic emultators with custom configs I have set up.

It works in all three cases.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2008, 03:23:37 am »
Bent aren't you a beta tester?

Do we have the same file version and date modified?

I have this file:

jtslade

• Offline Offline

I am very good at photoshop (freelance graphic designer for years), what range of games do you need theme's for.

I am planning on using Hyperspin in my MVS Neo Geo mame cab. There are about 230 neo geo games for the arcade that I would be happy to work on some theme's for.

Any other area's that need theme's

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
I am very good at photoshop (freelance graphic designer for years), what range of games do you need theme's for.

It's great that you are good at photoshop you're the very sort of person that HyperSpin needs.

As far as what range of games are needed, I would suggest just start making themes for the games you like first.

There is also a theme request list over at the HyperSpin site: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=requests

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2008, 07:51:54 am »
Bent aren't you a beta tester?

Do we have the same file version and date modified?

I have this file:

Yes I am a beta tester.

I have tested with latest version of LEdblinky and HS as well.

Catch me in hyperspin chat and we call troubleshoot more.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator

It's great that you are good at photoshop you're the very sort of person that HyperSpin needs.

As far as what range of games are needed, I would suggest just start making themes for the games you like first.

There is also a theme request list over at the HyperSpin site: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=requests

Alot of the games on that list are completed or being worked on, but its a good place to start.

We can really use wheel art for SNES, Sega models, and Turbo 16. ITs a tedius job of cutting out game logos from box art but nonethless extremely important for the look and feel of the FE.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:27 pm »
OK

as far as LEDblinky not working for TWIN-X. If you dont have userompath=true games would not light when launched.

That has been fixed along with a pcgame launching bug. Bill will have a new release out shortly. If you cant wait just change userpath=true in settings folder mame.ini

Bill is also working on U360 joystick support for FE not just via Ledblinky. That will hopefully be addressed soon as well.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »
Thx Bent98!!

I reccomend everyone to try this app.
It's looks and feel are   :applaud:

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 10:34:36 am
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.1 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***LedBlinky Support***
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:32 pm »
i will if someone posts all files/themes etc.. on a torrent or newsgroup..

;D

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »
All you have to do is Donate on Hyperspin website and you can get gold membership. This will allow you to d/l anything on site with no time restrictions. You can download all the themes in about 30-60 mins.

Its a small price to pay and you are helping out the cause.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:42:40 pm by bent98 »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2008, 03:59:36 pm »

;D
I think I am going to setup a newsgroup upload later this evening.

Miguelsluma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2010, 10:20:02 am
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2008, 04:10:54 pm »
edit: wrong topic. deleted

Banacek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2008, 06:10:23 pm »

;D
I think I am going to setup a newsgroup upload later this evening.

Stupid Roadrunner, shut off their newsgroups  :angry: Hopefully a torrent will be available as well. Thanks.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:18 am »
All you have to do is Donate on Hyperspin website and you can get gold membership. This will allow you to d/l anything on site with no time restrictions. You can download all the themes in about 30-60 mins.

Its a small price to pay and you are helping out the cause.

i rather register the product for 20-25 usd. Like i did with maximus arcade

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2008, 06:40:07 am »

i rather register the product for 20-25 usd. Like i did with maximus arcade

This is unfair and will kill people tha contribute with their art.
Just donate what's the diffrence. You want it or you don't want it.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: HyperSpin v0.7.0.2 - HyperHQ - v0.5.0.1 ***Small bug fixes***
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2008, 07:36:34 am »
BadBoyBill just posted an update last night.

HyperSpin 0.7.0.2

Fixed updater changing pcgame to pcGame
Fixed where pc game extensions are not under rom extension
Fixed LEDBlinky not starting lights on game start when you have useRomPath = false;
Fixed issue with dosbox flashing when starting games or showing up when exiting a game.

As usual its easy to update, just overwrite your exe and run at least once to repair your old files.  Thats it.

Todd H

• Offline Offline
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2008, 08:49:41 am »
Glad to see the DOS box fix as that was one of my initial concerns. For me all that's left is native joystick support and I'm switching. I'll give it a try when I get home. Keep up the good work Team Hyperspin. :)

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:01 am »
Glad to see the DOS box fix as that was one of my initial concerns. For me all that's left is native joystick support and I'm switching. I'll give it a try when I get home. Keep up the good work Team Hyperspin. :)

Its coming

Todd H

• Offline Offline
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2008, 09:39:04 am »

Its coming

:cheers:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:53 am »
I am uploading all of the current MAME artwork and themes to Newsgroups right now.  They will be posted in alt.binaries.emulators.  Probably a good 2.5 hours to go with my crappy upload speed.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2008, 10:51:22 am »
I am uploading all of the current MAME artwork and themes to Newsgroups right now.  They will be posted in alt.binaries.emulators.  Probably a good 2.5 hours to go with my crappy upload speed.

Thanks  :) is it with all the current art for all systems and wheels or just mame

Ill donate to your paypal just for this  :applaud:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2008, 11:36:32 am »

Thanks  :) is it with all the current art for all systems and wheels or just mame

Just Mame only.  Don't donate to me... donate to the site.

sham69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2015, 06:03:44 am
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2008, 06:15:32 am »

Just Mame only.  Don't donate to me... donate to the site.

Would be interested in d/l'ing this.
Can somebody post a link please?
Tried the alt.binaries.emulators and can't seem to get it.
Will donate aswelll.
Cheers.

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2008, 04:01:05 am »
sorry posted in a quote by mistake.
Has anyone got a link for the artwork for mame?
I want to use it on hyperspin, also is there somewhere to get video and audio for it aswell.
Thanks.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2008, 09:20:11 am »
I want to use it on hyperspin, also is there somewhere to get video and audio for it aswell.
Thanks.
Artwork you can download from the HyperSpin site or get my upload from alt.binaries.emulators.  As for video, video comes from EmuMovies.com.

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2008, 02:03:16 pm »

Hi Dazz, many thanks for uploading all the new stuff. I've downloaded it and extracted everything to the relevant subfolders but I don't see any new themes. The C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Themes folder contains 376 objects now but I can only see 49 themes within the MAME wheel. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks buddy  :cheers:

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2008, 02:20:40 pm »

Hi Dazz, many thanks for uploading all the new stuff. I've downloaded it and extracted everything to the relevant subfolders but I don't see any new themes. The C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Themes folder contains 376 objects now but I can only see 49 themes within the MAME wheel. Am I doing something wrong?

It sounds like you do not have a full MAME.xml in your HyperSpin/Database folder.  I believe that there is one for download on the HyperSpin forums if you don't have one.

Diewrecked

• Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2008, 02:40:34 pm »

It sounds like you do not have a full MAME.xml in your HyperSpin/Database folder.  I believe that there is one for download on the HyperSpin forums if you don't have one.

Perfect thanks Dazz. I C&P'd this one: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1045 - and it works a treat. Thanks again fella. :)

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2008, 05:47:07 am »
Thanks.
Artwork you can download from the HyperSpin site or get my upload from alt.binaries.emulators.  As for video, video comes from EmuMovies.com.

Sorry to be a pain, I tried  alt.binaries.emulators using newzbin and its not there?
Is this correct, sorry I am new to newsgroups so am not really sure where to find the artwork.
Cheers.

Martijn

• Offline Offline
  • Akira!
    • ModMyBox
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2008, 06:47:51 am »
Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, I tried  alt.binaries.emulators using newzbin and its not there?
Is this correct, sorry I am new to newsgroups so am not really sure where to find the artwork.
Cheers.

http://www.binsearch.net/index.php?q=HyperSpin_MAME_Artwork_100908+&m=&max=25&adv_g=&adv_age=7&adv_sort=date&minsize=&maxsize=&font=&postdate=

first one..

sham69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2008, 06:58:55 am »
Thanks a million.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »
New HyperSpin release tonight!

BadBoyBill has been hard at work over the past while...  Tonight marks a major milestone for the HyperSpin Front End.  This release should have a little bit for everyone.  If you haven't checked out HyperSpin in a while, then this is the version that you want!

Below is a look at the release notes for release 0.8.0.0.  Obviously a lot has changed and the New HS isnt compatible with your old installs fully and there are lots of new settings.  Rather than do an audit on your existing settings its best to just install the new HS from scratch and move over the appropriate boxart, themes and wheel images from your old install over.  When moving over folders of artwork:

DO NOT copy over your default.png files.  They are moved around in the new release and can mess up the themes in the new install. 
DO NOT copy over your settings files, HS comes with new ones, you must reset your paths.
DO NOT copy overwrite the new databases in the new build. 

Sorry for the trouble on that, but the new install is put together pretty good to get you mostly back to where you were if not further along than where you were before.

There are several surprises in the release so have fun playing and hopefully we got alot of the bugs squashed and feature requests fulfilled. 

Thanks for everyone's support and patience and to all the donaters and theme creators for supporting the free HyperSpin project, the donations have really encouraged me to keep working hard.

I will post back here when the download is ready.

HyperSpin 0.8.0.0

Added Analog joystick/Ultrastik support. 

Added Trackball and Spinner support

Added Option to display text on wheel with images, set strokes, gradients, font, shadows etc.

Added Option to position the vertical wheel style, left, center, or right

Added Options to adjust wheel speeds on a per emu basis.

Added Separate Player 1 and 2 start and exit options

Added Option to have a key delay when turning the wheel, for a quick pause after first turn in case the wheel spins to fast for you.

Added Animated Special Artworks (swf support), animated joysticks and press/start animations.  Includes examples.

Added Ability to disable exiting HS with the Exit key.

Added Sort list by name or description

Added Ability to remove stuff in parenthesis from rom descriptions from wheel text or the textfield.

Added Alphabetical game jump along with number of games jump support.

Added Games can now adopt parent videos and parent themes.

Added Can now have a default video overlay image for games without themes.  Default.png in video folder.

Added Now can return to same system on main wheel when exiting subwheel instead of always going back to MAME.

AddedSub Menu default themes can now have default.xml file so themes can be made in HyperTheme.  This makes it easier to share themes instead of giving instructions on what to change in the ini.

Added better installer, initial download is alot bigger but includes all the main themes and vids and some wheel sets.  Installation should be easier now, only thing you need to setup is your emu paths, rom paths, and video paths.  Everything else is just optional including themes since HS supports text now.

Added option to animate default themes out when holding up or down.  The reason for this is that some default themes hide the wheel and don't animate out.  So now you can optionally hide the theme when moving the wheel more than a few games.

Added Skip Intro Video option with a key press.

Added New Animation style "pixelate" - pixelate an image in, like in Super Mario World

Added New Animation style "flip" - Image will flip in from random angle with a bend to it.

Added New Animation style "bounce random" bounce an images all around the floor(bottom of screen), see future pinball theme.

Added New Video style "tv" - Causes the video to animate in with a television static effect.

Added Hi Score support from HiToText.

Fixed Attract mode not stopping on certain keys.

Fixed Default backgrounds not animating in when coming to default theme.

Fixed If using a custom video path then not pulling video overlays from media folder.

Fixed If using fade on video with overlay then the video wouldnt fade in, it would just appear.

Fixed Improved the way themes and default themes interact when navigating.

Fixed Improved the wheel to run a little more smoothly and faster

Fixed Themes only bug.  Also loading with themes only is fast loading now, no slowdown. You should only ever need a full database now for your systems instead of theme only databases.

Fixed HyperHQ path output for LEDBlinky for paths with spaces.

Fixed Vertical wheel squishing wheel images on large wheel item.

Fixed Background bug, where swf backgrounds wouldnt remove, i.e, you can hear asteroids sounds on another theme or menu.

Fixed Bug when exiting during wheel jump locks HS.

Fixed HS doesn't pause when minimizing.

Fixed HS not pausing swf animations with nested movieclips, i.e, mr.do and nba jam, when losing focus.

Fixed If going to exit menu then coming back to HS, then HS cant pause when losing focus anymore.

Fixed HS would lockup in genre menu after a while.

Fixed 2 errors in Neo Geo database.

Other Additions:
-Over 200 new wheel sounds to HS, including sets of sounds for NES, 32X.
-Normalized all HS wheel sounds.
-Included several system start sounds for various systems (Sounds that play when entering subwheel).
-Revamped several main menu themes, and included new themes for Dreamcast, Future Pinball and Model 2.
-All core systems now come with a basic default theme included with the installer. No more blank systems.
-Added PC Engine Theme to main menu, and full pc engine database with year, date, manufacturer.
-Included all joebells xml databases, new TG16 database and updated mame included database to 128.
-Fixed Atari 5200 database to reflect new no-intro naming instead of old.
-Added full Atari 5200 Cart Set and Wheel Image set, alot of redraw work.
-Added full TG16 Box Set and Wheel Image set.
-Included new medley videos for several main menu themes made by Emumovies.
-Exit menu animations are now faster.
-Added more adjustable settings in HyperHQ, including keyboard settings.
-Reduced the size of the main pinball wheel graphic, was to big.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:50:59 am by Dazz »

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.0 - *** MAJOR RELEASE ***
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:38 am »
The file is 250mb and includes all the artwork and videos for the main menu.

Downloads:

Gold Members can download from the HyperSpin FTP site.  If you are a gold supporting member on HyperSpin-fe.com and do not have FTP access please IM bent98 for ftp information.

Public Download
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:51:15 am by Dazz »

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.0 - *** MAJOR RELEASE ***
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:30 am »
Is there a torrent for the themes, are they included in the big download, or do they have to be downloaded one by one?
Old, but not obsolete.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Re: *** UPDATE *** HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 - HyperHQ - 0.5.0.3
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »
HyperSpin 0.8.0.1 has been released.

This is just a small release to help spice up the themes and a few small bug fixes.

Fixed artwork 1 not going away when going from default to regular theme.
Fixed if vertical wheel is on left side of screen, then it animates from left instead of right.
Fixed background swf files with nested movie clips not pausing when starting a game or switching themes.
Fixed backgrounds with sound not removing sound possibly.
Fixed issues when using png images with particle engine.
Fixed some return resolution issues with HS not going back to fullscreen when exiting a game.
Fixed some log typo's.
Fixed/Added swf animations now override png's in priority with artworks and backgrounds.

Added Animation Type "scroll"
Added Animation Type "strobe"
Added Animation Type "pendulum"
Added Animatoin Type "arc shrink"
Added Animation Type "flicker"
Added Animation Type "blur"
Added Animation Type "grow blur"
Added Animation Type "flag"
Added Animation Type "stripes"
Added Animation Type "stripes 2"

Added Rest Animation "spin slow"
Added Rest Animation "Hover Vertical"
Added Rest Animation "Hover Horizontal"

Added Better hiding of emu launching in HL.
Added More systems to HL.
Added Subfolder searching to HL.

We have almost reached the 500 theme mark for MAME games and have more and more themes coming every day.  Below is an example of how the theme quality in HyperSpin keeps progressing.

Moon Patrol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0gMhdnvVA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:32:33 pm by Dazz »

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »
Fantastic work again thx!!

Circo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2009, 06:35:43 am »
It still amazes me how many themes have been done in such a short time.  This moon patrol one is the %&^ :D
My Websites

Haggar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 05:12:32 am
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2009, 04:52:56 am »
Two questions:

1 - Can I use simple snap previews instead of videos for mame and other emus? In wheel configuration I can only see "viedo path", but no "snap path".
It can be useful also if I have no video for a certain game ---> the FE displays the image instead of a black preview).

2 - In the "wheels configurations" (emulators) there is no "pre/post" command option (mandatory for daemon tools iso mounting). Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance