Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Robbed  (Read 8755 times)

hulkster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
Re: Robbed
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2008, 10:56:52 am »
i'm just now reading this....wow.....

ark - you are a huge  :censored: .  the guy just had some stuff stolen.  whether it was $10 or $2000...getting your stuff taken by someone sucks.  period.  there will always be someone in the world who has it worse off than you, so dont make stupid points like that, especially to hypernova who's pissed that his stuff was stolen.  i mean seriously, why dont you kick the man while he's down more. 

my step-dad died last year...but i'm sure you've had it worse than me, so why dont you tell me how my step-dad's death has some "merit" because now i dont have to drive across state to see him, so hey, i'm saving gas money.  sheesh!  and the fact that you bring up how sad it is for someone to be spending so much time playing games on a BUILD YOUR OWN ARCADE CONTROLS WEBSITE is by far the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.  maybe its time you went outside instead of spending so much time on your computer throwing salt in others' wounds. 

point is....yes it's just "stuff" and there are far more valuable things in life than the stuff we get...the stuff he had brought him some joy.  he's got kids so there is plenty of joy in raising kids, but all guys need their down time.  videogames are for some people (like myself) that downtime.  not everyone wants to go "outside" and go on a 3 hour nature hike to feel like they are spending their time wisely. 

hypernova - i hope you catch the turds that stole your stuff.  yes it's just "stuff" and cant take it with you  8)...but it still sucks big time to have it stolen.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2008, 03:54:51 pm »
Nothing like hypernova's situation but someone broke into my car last night, rifled around, and stole the stereo faceplate.   :banghead:  No damage it seems, doors probably weren't locked.  I think I'm only out the cost of a replacement faceplate.

Ditto, but if it's any consolation, I just had my catalytic converter stolen a week and a half ago. ---fudgesicle--- nuts likely used a sawzall to cut it right out.

protokatie

• I DO try to be insulting and horrible to my fellow Terran
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
  • Is anyone here a member of team retard?
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2008, 04:03:36 pm »
I've been robbed too, and although it sucks losing stuff (and a wad of money in my case) I think the worst thing about it was the invasion feeling... IE the fact that someone you didnt know was walking around all non-chalant in your home turf just taking stuff as though he had a right to do so. That is what burned me the most.

And to kick the kicker in my case, I found out that the person who robbed me was someone who I had over several times before (A friend of a friend kinda deal) and he actually robbed me WHILE I was there! USING MY TRUST! (And that is a really ---smurfy--- feeling!)

I hope things turn out better for you in the future, after this month, they only can!
--- Yes I AM doing this on purpose, and yes I DO realize it is pissing you off.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

protokatie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2008, 04:11:17 pm »
I was robbed by a guy that posts on this board.   :-\

You mean "robbed robbed" or you sent money and they never delivered the product?

Regardless, that still sucks...

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2008, 04:32:05 pm »

Is that what happened to Stingray?   :laugh2:

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2008, 04:40:26 pm »
I'm always a tiny bit nervous about finding someone in my house who is not expected because I don't think I could retain a stable sense of mind.  I have a feeling that I would just absolutely freak out and beat the person to death and then have to deal with that for the rest of my life as well as a jail sentence.

I gave my parents a spare set of keys to my house when I moved in so that they could stop by if they wanted and I was away.  One Saturday morning, my father stopped by on his way into work and I was sound asleep and didn't hear him pull in.  I just heard noise from my kitchen and the opening of trash bags.  (He was taking out my recyclables and anything that could be turned it at the bottle return).  I just reacted instinctively, put on some clothes and grabbed a baseball bat in one hand and a knife in the other.  My dad, fortunately, heard me coming down the stairs and said something, but my body went into instinct mode and I would have violently attacked and slaughtered anybody I ever caught in my house.  This is probably why I don't own a gun.
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200

WunderCade

• Hey Saint, wanna update my custom title? ;D
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2023, 07:54:12 am
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2008, 05:15:42 pm »
Just a quick note, if you want to make a policeman chuckle, go to your local police dept. and ask them to fingerprint those keys for you.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:17:36 pm by WunderCade »

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2008, 05:30:13 pm »
I'm always a tiny bit nervous about finding someone in my house who is not expected because I don't think I could retain a stable sense of mind.  I have a feeling that I would just absolutely freak out and beat the person to death and then have to deal with that for the rest of my life as well as a jail sentence.

??? Why would you go to jail?  If you dispose of the body correctly no one should know what happened.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2008, 06:00:30 pm »

??? Why would you go to jail?  If you dispose of the body correctly no one should know what happened.

I was with a few buddies of mine on an 800 acre farm and we were target shooting with various rifles and shot guns.

Someone asked the guy who owned the property if his insurance would cover any accidents. 
He replied, “I know how to use a shovel”.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2008, 06:31:01 pm »

my step-dad died last year...but i'm sure you've had it worse than me, so why dont you tell me how my step-dad's death has some "merit" because now i dont have to drive across state to see him, so hey, i'm saving gas money.  sheesh!  a
hypernova - i hope you catch the turds that stole your stuff.  yes it's just "stuff" and cant take it with you  8)...but it still sucks big time to have it stolen.

My step dad died of cancer.  He went the worse way imaginable,  Two months later my real dad dies. 

What's your point?    ::)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2008, 07:26:23 pm »

my step-dad died last year...but i'm sure you've had it worse than me, so why dont you tell me how my step-dad's death has some "merit" because now i dont have to drive across state to see him, so hey, i'm saving gas money.  sheesh!  a

My step dad died of cancer.  He went the worse way imaginable,  Two months later my real dad dies. 

well my step dad died of lung cancer if it makes you feel a whole lot better, but i didnt feel it relevant to the conversation.  regardless here's my point:

dont be a turd.  unless your post is "man that sucks, sorry for your troubles" or something like that...just dont say anything. simple enough.  but next time something terrible happens to you, make sure you post it here so everyone can make fun of your misfortune. :dizzy: 

protokatie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2008, 08:21:56 pm »
ARK! THIS ISNT A COMPETITION! Just say you feel for him and move on! It sucks being robbed, many of us have been there. Just give the origonal poster your well wishes, and then move on!

erictrumpet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2016, 11:59:23 am
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2008, 08:24:37 pm »
here's my point:

dont be a turd.

The Internet really brings people together doesn't it? :)

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2008, 08:37:59 pm »
here's my point:

dont be a turd.

The Internet really brings people together doesn't it? :)

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2008, 08:58:08 am »

well my step dad died of lung cancer if it makes you feel a whole lot better, but i didnt feel it relevant to the conversation.  regardless here's my point:

dont be a turd.  unless your post is "man that sucks, sorry for your troubles" or something like that...just dont say anything. simple enough.  but next time something terrible happens to you, make sure you post it here so everyone can make fun of your misfortune. :dizzy: 

If you didn't feel it necessary to bring it into the conversation, why did you?

I thought you were making an apt comment about being robbed.  I do feel sorry for the guy, but it was his original post that made me comment.  You want to call me names for having a point of view, I don't mind.

But this is EE Everything Else for warm and fuzzy chat.  Not being robbed or anything else along those lines.  That is not warm and fuzzy.  I do admit my previous posts could have been avoided.  But you see they are still there, as I have not removed them.

I have been told my Peale, that he was not happy for my posts. 

You guys are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Let it go.    ::)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »
This user is currently ignored.

I just don't see what the problem is with this guy...

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2008, 01:30:17 pm »
This user is currently ignored.

I just don't see what the problem is with this guy...

If only that was true, but you are like a dog with its bone, so I know that will never happen.

But if you did I would be happy.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2008, 02:38:19 pm »
 :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb:
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »
:timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb:

Seemed like everyone was back to normal until Hulkster had to stir the pot again.

Found a local pawn shop that frequently gets my kind of stuff in, so I called the detective this weekend, left a message.  Must not have been explicit.  He calls back today at home, stating they don't have the manpower to track jewelry. :banghead:

Just left another message...hopefully he tries this time.  Last time I talked to him, he made it sound like they check up on no more than 2 or 3 shops.    Meanwhile, I spend 20 minutes, while feeling absolutely crappy yesterday (digestion problems all day...had two hours sleep the night before because of it.  Feel fine today, though,) and afterwards, whittled a list of about 15 potential shops to one.

I'm doing all I can...yet I just know the outcome.  I'm not getting a damn thing back.  I was hoping that if I did my homework, put forth an effort, that I'd get lucky.  Find some keys, call around 15 pawn shops, 10 Gamestops.  I was just hoping someone above  :angel: would cut me some slack on this one.  Guess I should give the hope up. :'(

Then I tweaked my shoulder pretty good today.  Putting away a ten pound box.  Freakish.  It hurts pretty good if I move it wrong.  Which is fairly easy to do.
 :dunno <---  Doing this would hurt bigtime.
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
:dunno <---  Doing this would hurt bigtime.

Trying to get your shoulders up past your eyeballs would hurt anyone trying to do that.   :P

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2008, 08:23:25 pm »
One night someone side swiped my friend's car.  He saw the damage that morning and called the police. 
The other car had left a big white piece of fiberglass behind.
When the police officer arrived he just filled out a form. He wasn’t going to take the white piece until my friend handed it to him.

Later that day my friend was walking through the alley and saw a white car in a neighbors backyard with a blanket over the front of it, so he called the police.

A few minutes later they knocked on his door and said that was the car that hit his and it was lucky he called when he did.  The police officer’s shift was about to end and the piece of the other car would have been thrown out as soon as he got back to the station.

The officer told him the piece couldn't be used as evidence, he only took it to keep my friend from getting upset.  He said he ended up using it to bluff the owner of the white car into admitting it was him.

What I’m saying is, check the pawn shops yourself then call the police if you find something.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2008, 06:41:29 pm »
Always a good thing to know that when I want my tax dollars to work for me, they just ignore me.   :angry:

channelmaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 12:36:18 am
    • Arcadecomponents.com
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2008, 11:35:28 am »
Did you ever take a picture of those keys and put it on craigslist? Or put a found ad in the lost/found section of the paper?

Who knows, you might find the thief that way. ;)
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com

My repair logs are kept at: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=19.0

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:54:37 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2008, 05:32:31 am »
Did you ever take a picture of those keys and put it on craigslist? Or put a found ad in the lost/found section of the paper?

Who knows, you might find the thief that way. ;)

and, take it to the cops? you have a combination of keys. cops can determine that say, he drove an 80s chrysler, and a crown forklift, and this and that. they can visit the workplaces of some usual suspects and find that yes 'dave drives a dodge airies and he did lose the keys to the forklift the other day'. and look a little deeper.

of course they may not bother. i had a car stolen once, and when the cops found it they asked me if the set of keys they found in the car were mine. i said no and they just left the keys with me!

but you really should give it a go just in case they happen to be switched on AND motivated...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:36:00 am by danny_galaga »

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

hypernova

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2008, 09:33:29 pm »
I gave them the keys the following day.

I'll hit my last option, and see if the detective feels like having Nintendo keep an eye on my console's number.  There was still 700 points, which is enough to download quite a few things.  Nintendo can only locate a console if they actually download something.  (Being online isn't enough, unfortunately.)

More than likely, everything of mine was either kept, or sold on the black market.

My parents bought me a new laptop today.  CC didn't have any in stock though, so I'll have to wait a few days.  This one.  It's quite a step up from my stolen one.  It was only 1 GB RAM, 160GB HD, 15.4" screen, with a normal AMD processor.

Saw 8 Wiis in BB today.  Didn't get one, though.  I can wait a bit more to replace it.  Gotta find out what's up with the insurance.  Plus, with all the recent console price reductions (including coming ones for the XBOX360) I'm hoping the Wii will see one soon as well.