Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Announcement: Ambience App  (Read 32279 times)

Usul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2020, 03:44:22 am
Re: Announcement: Ambience App
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 06:26:41 am »
Hi ShanMan,

many thanks for your support, while being so busy! Much appreciated. Hope you already got some nice additional cabs for the new house. Make sure wife/girlfriend saves enough money on furniture etc. in support of the more important rooms like the game room  >:D

I have completely deactivated UAC and still can't get the application to run. The error message translates into English as follows: "application stopped working"

If I click on details, it says:

"Files, that might help to describe the problem, are:
  C:\Users\Silentpro\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6BBC.tmp.version.txt
  C:\Users\Silentpro\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7EFF.tmp.hdmp

Read our data security guideline:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0407"

Also I have installed Net 3.5 framework. But thanks, headkaze, for the hint.

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:37 pm »
I wonder if it's a problem with running on non-English Windows. Do you have access to an English Windows installation that you can try it on?

And my wife is in full support of creating a large game room with lots of arcade games. :cheers:
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Usul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:08 am »
I will try to find an English installation, but that might become a challenge.
BTW: I also tried the compatibility mode without any success...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:15 pm »
Good news (I guess). I'm installing Windows 7 on my new work computer and I'm experiencing your problem. Are you running 64 bit windows? Wonder if that's the problem. Anyway, when I get things set up and I have a chance, I'll try to figure it out. Thanks for reporting!
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Usul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 09:54:21 am »
Yes, I am running Vista 64 biit, basically following Taz's recommendations

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2009, 03:50:03 pm »
Fixed. By default I was building the C# portion to run as either a 32 or 64 bit app depending on the environment, but the dll's are 32 bit only. So all I had to do was tell it to only build for 32 bit.

I'll contact Andy about getting the new version posted to his site, but in the meantime if you PM me your email address I'll send you the new zip.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2009, 11:49:16 pm »
Andy has uploaded the new version to his Arcade Ambience site, so the link in the 1st post now includes the 64-bit compatible version.

drventure

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 12:18:32 am »
This is a great idea, and I've been able to get it up and running, but.... (there's always a but)  :)

I don't have a second sound card or output. I was hoping to be able to just pipe the ambience through the normal cab speakers, just at a much lower volume, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the volume for just the ambience itself, while still letting mala, and MAME play at normal volume.

Is this not possible, or have I missed something?

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:30 am »
Well I would highly recommend a 2nd sound card and using external speakers (much better experience IMO), but I'd be glad to look at adding that feature. I'm sure the sound library I'm using allows for that. However, I'm not sure just how soon I'll get to this due to being busy. Please remind me if I don't get to it in the next couple of weeks (PM).

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 08:00:45 am »
Oh No problem. I'm not in any kind of hurry or anything.
Thanks for taking a look.

Yeah, I'd agree it'd definitely be better with an extra sound card and remote speakers.

Actually, just had another thought. Would you know if it'd be possible to push the ambience channel out through, say, the rear channel speakers on a 5.1 sound card, or the surround speakers on a 7.1 card?

Most motherboards these days seem to have 5.1 or 7.1 sound, but as far as I know, nothing in Mame would actually make use of the extra channels.

Anyway, just thinking out loud....

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 08:54:11 am »
Very interesting suggestion. It's worth looking into!

janX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2010, 01:21:11 am
    • My Maximus Arcade Tutorials
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 11:52:51 am »
Do you like Andy Hofle's Arcade Ambience sounds? ...

I've been using Andy Hofle's sounds along with your app for a year or two now.

I actually just sent Andy an email just the other day, what a coincidence that I find this post so shortly after ;D I suggested to Andy to check out Atmosphere Deluxe http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/atmdeluxehome.htm

I suggest you look into it too Shaman, it`s awesome for creating amazingly realistic soundscapes that don`t sound like basic loops. But of course there are several preset soundscapes built in. You should totally install it and listen to a few of the soundscapes, you won't be disappointed. Oh and check out the day/night and weather transitions option too (under the Evolve button)

BTW there are cracked/serial versions of AD at
saint's edit:

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :angry: :angry: :angry: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :angry: :angry: :angry:

NO PIRACY! NO LINKS TO PIRACY! NO HINTS ABOUT PIRACY!
Thank you.
http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_message_rules.html

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:22:18 pm by saint »
janX

My Maximus Arcade tutorials http://www.youtube.com/user/janX9

Maximus Arcade   HyperSpin   GameEx   Maximus Arcade   HyperSpin   GameEx  

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 01:30:26 pm »
hhmmm. can't tell if it supports 5.1 (surround) sound or if it supports command line options, sent an email in to them about that.

Pretty cool little app though.

chrispitude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2017, 06:54:01 pm
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 11:52:04 am »
Seven years later...

I would love to use this for my upcoming cabinet build! It has top marquee speakers and side-panel speakers, driven as front and rear speaker pairs from the PC. I'd like to play the ambient sound from the side panel speakers, and let MAME play as it will through the front speakers... (without adding a sound card, as I already have the unused rear-channel output just sitting there!)