Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SimpleTouch FE  (Read 95379 times)

slapaham

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2012, 05:32:32 pm
Re: SimpleTouch FE
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:29 am »
Hi Lars...

I've finally had a bit of time to start MAME-ing again (I'm on a Christmas holiday for a few weeks)... I had a question... I remember you saying something about being able to get SimpleTouch to run commands on startup - am I right? Well, I just got myself a steering wheel and the only way I can get it to function within MAME is to use Key2Joy - well, this program has to be up and running for the wheel to function in MAME - so my question is, how would I get SimpleTouch to run Key2Joy minimised in the background on startup... is it possible? If it isn't, then another option would be to get it to run and minimise on loading Mamewah (the frontend I use from your frontend to use MAME joystick games)... then I guess you'd use the parameters field in Config... have you any idea of what syntax I'd need to write into the field to get this to do that... execute Mamewah, load Key2Joy, then minimise it in the background... hope this makes sense...

Hope you're good, glad you're keeping the good work up! :)

Thanks for your help!

slapaham

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2012, 05:32:32 pm
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:30 pm »
I'm realising the best way around this, is using something like XYNTService...! So don't worry about my previous post - I have now put my problem in a seperate thread!

Thanks!

Lave Laar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 06:23:13 am
    • Freeware arcade related programs
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2008, 04:53:20 pm »
First off I gotta say STFE seems to be exactly what I've been looking for.  :cheers:
Does Simple Touch Fe have the option to save and call the screenshots from within it's own directory?

In other words..... After I finished setting up about 100 games and taking screenshots of each one as I went along I noticed that there was no folder in the Simple Touch FE directory for screenshots. So I went looking for them and found each individual game directory had it's screenshot there. Which to me makes it kinda hard to setup so many games on one pc and then move it all over to another without having to go through and take all new screenshots. I pretty much use one computer for hashing out programs and setups and then move or install this stuff onto another.

So I think it would be good to have all the screenshots in one directory under the Simple Touch FE directory that it could pull those from. (hence also be able to copy an entire folder over to another pc)

Or am I just missing something?

Another question I had was if there was an automatic option to "alphabetize" games after they have been setup?

The "Autoinsert games" option does a wonderful job of doing this initially, but then after adding a few more games from other random directories I couldn't figure out an easy way to re-organize them alphabetically.

Sorry to reply so late to this, but I've been very busy lately.
Glad you liked the program.

I could always put in an option to save the screenshots taken from the FE in a single folder, but as the game executables need to be in the correct folder I thought one would simply copy the entire game folder across to the other PC.  None of my games require any installation, but that is maybe different for you?

I've put in an option to sort the games.  Will be in the next release.

wbuschman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2010, 11:28:57 pm
  • My spoon is too big!
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2009, 10:36:46 am »
Thanks. Glad you like it.
As for the games I think some are using the PopCap games and the Gamehouse games.  There seem to be quite a few of them.

I've tried a bunch of PopCap games, but none of them seem to be 100% suitable for a dedicated touch screen kiosk.  Most of them have ALMOST touch screen friendly game play, but require keyboard input at some point.  Others require touch behavior changes before playing.  For example, Peggle works better if you set the drivers to click on release, Zuna on the other hand works better with click on touch.  But, Zuna requires right-clicking as well...  :banghead:

:soapbox: I understand that the pure touch screen user base is probably a small market, but some of these games could have been made to work equally well on a touch screen with about 2 minutes of effort on the developers part. PopCap has obviously mastered code recycling, so why not recycle a  :censored: virtual keyboard?

Oh well.  Thanks to STFE, at least I have a beautiful front end interface for all my applications that don't behave properly. I should be able to occupy myself skinning STFE until someone develops some decent games to have it launch.  :cheers:

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2009, 04:25:35 pm »
New version 1.06

* Added an option to not wait for the launched program to finish.
* Added a function to sort the games by their description.
* Added a new function to close the launched program with a mouseclick-pattern.

I'm particularly interrested in feeback on the "close program with mouse-clicks" function.
It has worked for the few programs I've tried it on, but I'm sure there some programs/games that don't work.

Available here

wbuschman

• Offline Offline
  • My spoon is too big!
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2009, 08:33:00 am »
I'm particularly interrested in feeback on the "close program with mouse-clicks" function.
It has worked for the few programs I've tried it on, but I'm sure there some programs/games that don't work.

I've tried it on every app I have running off STFE and it works great!  I will let you know if I find anything that doesn't work, but so far it does EXACTLY what I was hoping! Awesome!

Do you think that if I email some requests to bill gates he would get them implemented for me in a matter of days?  :laugh2:

Thanks for the update, Lave!

:cheers:

wbuschman

• Offline Offline
  • My spoon is too big!
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 05:59:49 pm »
I've just released a new skin for STFE based on the LCARS control panels seen in Star Trek TNG and DS9.

You can get it here: http://home.online.no/~llindga/

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement, let me know!

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »
Very nice skin Wes.  I really like it.  :applaud:
If anyone has tried it you may have gotten some error messages.
This was a bug with STFE and not the skin itself. I've fixed the bug and here is the new version.

What's new in version 1.07:

* Fixed an "Access violation" error on loading of some PNG-files.
* Fixed an "Access violation" error that would occur on start up if there was a video on the first page.
* Fixed an "The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected" error on loading of some video files.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the info for one of the programs to be cleared.
* Added an option to chose whether to use/create a music.m3u file.
* Added code to loop the MP3 if only one is found. Useful for setting an ambiance sound for the FE.

You can get it here.

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »
Released a couple of more skins.

Cherry

Leather

Available here.

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2009, 05:24:05 pm »
New version 1.08 released.

* Changed the game ini-files to use names based on display name rather than the generic Game0001, Game0002 etc.
* Changed the way screenshots are taken. They are now stored in a folder called "snapshots" in the FE folder.
* Added click-animation to the pincode-screen.
* Added transparency to the pincode-screen and the shutdown screen.
* Added optional transition effects when changing configs. (Only useful with a nested skin).
* Added a back button to traverse configs. (Only useful with a nested skin).
* Added option to copy screenshots to the snapshots folder when assigning the screenshot.
* Added option to resize screenshots in the copy-process.
* Added option to rename ini-files to the same as the display name directly from the config program.
* Removed the sort-button as it's no longer needed.

For those upgrading from a previous version:  I've included a small utility "RenameInis" to rename all old configs to the new naming system.
Feedback is welcome. :)

Available here

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2009, 08:52:38 am »
Just installed this the other day, works good and is easy to use.

I did have some questions for you guys trying to build your own sorta Megatouch system.

I find the PopCap games to work well but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to how to get away from the keyboard? Must PopCap games as for name inputs which use a keyboard.  :P
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Paladin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2022, 05:13:19 pm
  • Mmmm llamaburgers!
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2009, 11:56:52 am »
I wanted to publicly thank Lave Laar for making this front end! 

Anyone starting a touch screen project should give this a look.  From the start I had planned to have a jukebox as well as slot machine games.  Although double tapping the icons on the Windows desktop was perfectly functional, having a clean front end made my project much more 'polished'.

The front end has me looking for additional games, which I didn't plan on before as I didn't want to clutter up the desktop with dozens of icons.  This front end makes my jukebox very friendly to use, and I'm glad I found it.

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2009, 12:20:43 pm »
+1 for Simple Touch FE

I have a similar project in the works and will indeed be using this frontend as it is great in this application for sure. And it's great to be able to "group" software into different categories such as GAMES, JUKEBOX, SLOTS, MEGATOUCH, TOUCHMASTER, etc.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:07 pm »
Thanks guys. Always nice with some positive feedback.  :cheers:
Funny that you should bring this topic back today as I have just released a new version of STFE.

New in this version:

* Fixed a bug in loading of the background image when using a different background-image/skin for config01.
* Fixed a bug with delayed shutdown of the FE.
* Fixed a bug with the uninstaller not removing the shortcuts from the start menu in Windows Vista.
* Added functionality to add games from shortcuts, batch-files and exe-files with drag and drop. 
* Added functionality to add videos & images with drag and drop.

Available here.

daydd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2009, 12:56:30 pm
SimpleTouch FE lock up on first game launch
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2009, 02:16:04 am »
Hi Laave,

I have just started using your awesome front end. I love it.
However I have an issue. when I first boot up my machine and use this F.E. the first game I pick "hangs". however if I kill the application and then relaunch it, work great every game works great after that.

I'm using the latest version from your site, any idea's what it could be? I have checked the forums, does not seem anyone else seems to have this problem.

any help would be great!

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:05 pm »
Thanks.  Glad you like it  :)

Some questions.

1. What operating system are you running?
2. Is the FE launched directly on startup? If so. How?  As the shell or in the startup-folder?
3. This happen no matter what game you start first?
4. After you kill the first application.  Every other game starts OK?

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »
New version out.

* Changed the code that launches the programs.
* Added an alternative way to launch programs.
* Changed the "unload images when launching game" option.
* Rearranged the options a bit in the config program.

This should fix the "first game hangs" problem in windows XP.
Thanks to Paladin for the help with troubleshooting the issue.  :cheers:

Get it here.

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 04:47:12 pm »
Just installed this the other day, works good and is easy to use.

I did have some questions for you guys trying to build your own sorta Megatouch system.

I find the PopCap games to work well but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to how to get away from the keyboard? Must PopCap games as for name inputs which use a keyboard.  :P

I made a virtual keyboard, and it would be nice to figure out a way to get it to launch when needed in those PopCap games. Lave Laar, if you have any interest in somehow integrating a virtual keyboard in STFE, feel free to use mine if you wish.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=97670.0

daydd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2009, 12:56:30 pm
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2009, 02:18:45 am »
Hi Lave,

Thanks again, you really came through, I just tried the new version and it works great, no more hangs on the first app launch. Sorry i didn't get back to you I got tied up with the holiday's and was not able to work on my projects but just for reference here are the answers to the questions.

1. What operating system are you running?
Windows XP pro
2. Is the FE launched directly on startup? If so. How?  As the shell or in the startup-folder?
Startup folder
3. This happen no matter what game you start first?
I believe so, games like Chuzzle, pop cap games, ECT...
4. After you kill the first application.  Every other game starts OK?
Yes

Thanks again, love this front end. I do like the idea of intergrating a virtual keyboard, something you can bring up with a mouse or on a touchscreen, that might be tricky.

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »
Great.  That's good to hear.

I've made a new version 1.12.
New in this version:

* Added option to have up to 99 snapshots per page and up to 99 different configs.
* Added function to start a program with mouseclick/hotkey after program launch.
* Added option to create batch-file for resize of skin-images with ImageMagick.
* Added option to save screenshots as PNG.
* Added hints to some of the config options.
* Changed the function to kill program with mouseclick/hotkey.
   It's now possible to place the "kill/start-area" over the whole screen. Not just the upper left corner.
* Changed the kill/start function to be enabled on a per game basis. 
* Fixed the resize code to properly resize to all resolutions.
* Improved the skin mode.

Available here.

The "start program with a mouseclick-pattern" option can be used to start a virtual keyboard after a game/program has been launched.
It defaults to the windows one, but it can be changed to whatever program you want to use.

However, the problem is not to start the keyboard, but to get it to interact with the game itself. 
For instance if you run a Pop-Cap game full-sceen you will not be able to use the keyboard. 
The virtual keyboards available, that I have tested, are not able to overlay/hook into full-screen DirectX or OpenGL games.
Something like what Fraps do to display the framerate in games.

It will work if you run the games in windowed mode.

deano7

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2016, 09:48:04 pm
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2010, 01:37:54 am »
Wow, what a great touchscreen front end!  I am building a jukebox and I was wondering if there is a way to create a button wired through an ipac that when pressed will go back to SimpleTouch FE (Alt Tab Over) from the current program and depending on the selection, it will either leave other programs running or close the other programs.  So if someone enters in a ton of music on the jukebox and wants to switch over to bejewelled, they can hit the button to go back and open another program and it will leave the jukebox to run in the background, but if they select karafun, then it will turn off the jukebox before it opens up the other program... 

Thanks again for the front end, it is truly a fantastic piece of software!

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
You can do this the following way:

Download and install VistaSwitcher from http://www.ntwind.com/software/vistaswitcher.html

Open up the VistaSwitcher preferences by right-clicking the icon in the system-tray.
On the General-tab: Change the "Main VistaSwitcher hotkey" to what you want.
On the Behavior-tab: Check the "Don't hide VistaSwitcher when ALT is released (Sticky Mode)".
Optional on the Appearance-tab: Select the "No preview" option if you don't want the large preview image.

Alternatively, instead of using the hotkey function to bring up the switcher you can use the
"Start program after launch with a mouse-click pattern" option in STFE and select this autohotkey-program
to start. The only thing the autohotkey-program does is to send an "Alt-Tab" combination when executed.
The script is included in the zip-file.

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2010, 04:42:03 pm »
Lave you rule.  I cannot wait to give this a try.  My jukebox will be the coolest in town!  Thanks so much for the info!!!!

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2010, 01:39:42 am »
I just went and installed a few programs to test it out.  I am getting some wierd results and I am wondering if some programs just limit what STFE can do with the mouse click areas.  For example, I am using your hotkeys script (great idea by the way) and if I hit F4, which is what I've assigned it to inside STFE, it works as designed.  I see vistaswitcher.  The problem is that I can't get it to work in the mouse click start area ever.  The kill area works, but never the start area. 

Lastly, I am using a few different programs, Nordbeat for jukebox and Silverjuke for karaoke.  For some reason when I kill Nordbeat through the STFE kill area, it closes and then pops right back up.  Some programs the kill area doesn't seem to work at all. 

Lastly, If I try and use Vistaswitcher to select STFE in order to select a game and leave the jukebox running in the background, STFE always stays hidden.  Is there a way to allow it to pop back up again even if another program is running so that I can select another program?

Sorry for the long winded questions, I've spent a lot of time with STFE and tweaking things tonight and I am just amped to get this all working!!!!

Thanks so much Lave, I truly appreciate your help!  I'll post some pics of the working cab when the juke is complete!

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »
I just went and installed a few programs to test it out.  I am getting some wierd results and I am wondering if some programs just limit what STFE can do with the mouse click areas.  
1. For example, I am using your hotkeys script (great idea by the way) and if I hit F4, which is what I've assigned it to inside STFE, it works as designed.  I see vistaswitcher.  The problem is that I can't get it to work in the mouse click start area ever.  The kill area works, but never the start area.  

2. Lastly, I am using a few different programs, Nordbeat for jukebox and Silverjuke for karaoke.  For some reason when I kill Nordbeat through the STFE kill area, it closes and then pops right back up.  Some programs the kill area doesn't seem to work at all.  

3. Lastly, If I try and use Vistaswitcher to select STFE in order to select a game and leave the jukebox running in the background, STFE always stays hidden.  Is there a way to allow it to pop back up again even if another program is running so that I can select another program?

Sorry for the long winded questions, I've spent a lot of time with STFE and tweaking things tonight and I am just amped to get this all working!!!!

Thanks so much Lave, I truly appreciate your help!  I'll post some pics of the working cab when the juke is complete!

1. The start area works for me.  You do realize it uses the same mouse-click combination as the kill area?

2. I tried Nordbeat. It has a function that will restart the jukebox if it exits unexpectedly.  You have two options. A: Disable the function under Admin->Jukebox Settings->Preferences->Enable JukeGuard to keep jukebox alive at crashes. B: Close the jukebox normally. Enable close jukebox from Kiosk mode under Admin-> Jukebox Settings->User Permissions->Close jukebox and P2P console.
I suggest using option B as the kill function is really only intended for use with programs that has no other way of exiting with a mouse.

3. In FeConfig you can deselect the wait-checkbox for the programs that you don't want STFE to wait for to finish.  This will however deactivate the mouse-functions as the mouse-functions program will close immediately.  I need to add an option to have an area clickable all the time to use for the "Alt-tab" script.
If you wire a button to do the switching you can map the button to an autohotkey-script like this "F8::send, {lalt down}{tab}{lalt up}". Compile it and run it before the FE starts.

Hope this makes sense.  
BTW. What OS are you running?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:42:07 pm by Lave Laar »

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:21 pm »
Lave, thanks so much.  That does makes sense to me, I am running XP.  I am travellin for work this week, but will give it a go this weekend.  I am excited to build this thing.  By the way, didn't I see a donate button on your site somewhere?  I just went looking for it and I couldn't find it.  I'd love to give you a little something to show you my appreciation.

The tapping function I have set at 2 taps, with a 3 second reset.  So I would just do the same 2 taps in the start area and it should work, correct?  I tried it every way imaginable and monkeyed with the settings.  I am thinking of avoiding the whole kill area with just adding the button to the jukebox that will run the Alt Tab script to use Vistaselect to switch between windows.  Then, I can always go back to STFE to choose another program assuming the "wait" checkbox is deselcted.  I think that is what you are saying about that checkbox is that if that is selected, I can always Alt Tab back to STFE to select something else, right?  So in order to use vistaselect to revisit STFE before a program exits, I need to deselect that checkbox for the jukebox, right?  I think I need to play around with it a little more this weekend.

It is foolproof with the F4 button I set it to then I can close everything with vistaselect.  that is a really cool little program, thanks again for sharing! 

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2010, 05:20:28 pm »
If you want to make a donation there is a link on the about page in the feconfig-program.  :cheers:

There is one checkbox for the kill-function and one for the start-function for each game/program you want to use it with.  Could it be that you've only checked the kill-function? If you want to use one of the functions for all games you can right-click the checkbox and select/deselect the choice for all games in the current config .

Other than that, you're spot on with your your observations :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:41:16 pm by Lave Laar »

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »
Thanks Lave!

If the donate link is in the program, that is why I couldn't find it.  I don't have the program on my laptop and I am travelling.  I appreciate the help.  Can you please post the link so that I and anyone else who appreciates your efforts can access it on the thread?  You should put it somewhere on your site too!

Best,
Dean

deano7

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2010, 08:17:11 pm »
Lars,

I spent some time with your great FE this weekend and have a few more questions.

1. When a prgoram that has the "wait" checkbox deselected is chosen,  STFE opens that program, I see it flash on the screen and then STFE pops back up on top of the just opened program.  Is this what is supposed to happen?  I thought the program would open up, but STFE would still be in the background as an opened program.
2. Most of the time when I hit the startup click area and it runs the vistatab alt-tab program, it only stays open for a second or two.  Sometimes is just pops up and flashes on the screen.  If I use the hotkey, however, it stays up until someone clicks.  This seems to be related to question 1 where STFE takes control.
3. What is the "L2" checkbox for?
4. Sometime a popup box pops up (infrequently) that says "mouse functions simple touch FE" and the boxes heading is simple touch FE

Thanks Lars, I appreciate the help.  My jukebox is almost complete, I am going to work on the lighting this weekend and then I'll send some pics!

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2010, 01:44:41 pm »
Just to refresh myself and to clarify -
Can I upgrade from say version 1.10 to 1.12 without having to re-configure everything?

Or should I take some precautinary measures so as not to lose any config file information?
i.e. Programs groups w/ listings, snapshots, etc

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2010, 03:38:02 pm »
You need to make a backup of STFE.ini.  That's the file that contains the configuration for the FE.
All game-config-inis and snapshots will remain after an uninstall.

If you want to be absolutely sure, make a copy of the whole folder where the FE is installed before you uninstall the old version.

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »
Upgraded without a hitch.... just ran the new version install and everything (programs and such) were still there as I had configured them. Just went in and changed some of the new setting included in this version and I was good to go.

Great software as usual.  :cheers:

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:57 pm »
3. What is the "L2" checkbox for?

I was just wondering that myself.

Also noticed that when I start STFE from the shortcut it will start my background music just fine. But if I have it set to run from the startup menu it does not start the background music.

eg.
Click Icon to start = Background Music
Reboot PC with STFE in Startup = No Background Music  

EDIT: My music folder is on a network drive at the moment, don't know if that makes a difference to the background music not coming up. I'll try some music from within the same PC and see what happens.

EDIT 2: When using a local music folder background music works fine after reboot.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:46:17 pm by Kevin Mullins »

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2010, 07:00:52 pm »
The L2 checkbox was implemented after the problem with the FE hanging on the first game launched.
If checked it will use another method for the launch of the games.  If you don't have a problem with the launching of games, then just ignore it.

If the music is on a network drive, the drive needs to be mapped before the FE is launched.
So on startup on your system this is clearly not the case  :)

You could launch the FE with a batch-file that maps the network drive first to make sure it's available.
Something like this (maps a drive to the letter x and then starts the FE):

@echo off
net use x: \\computername\sharename
c:
cd "c:\program files\simpletouch fe"
stfe.exe

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2010, 12:05:43 am »
You could launch the FE with a batch-file that maps the network drive first to make sure it's available.
Something like this (maps a drive to the letter x and then starts the FE):

@echo off
net use x: \\computername\sharename
c:
cd "c:\program files\simpletouch fe"
stfe.exe

Cool.... I'll give that a shot.
It wasn't anything critical at this point.
I just had the network drive setup for music as a temp (simply because there's a ton of music on it already) when I noticed the startup issue is all.

This project is coming along nicely with your support of course.  :cheers:

bulge2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2019, 08:29:55 am
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2010, 01:48:41 pm »
hi great program ive started to use it in my touchscreen gamebox  project.

im trying to get a couple of swp games running but two of the systems need different emulators to run them and the problem is that they cant be run at the same time.  The emulators run in the background so i just one of them before stfe.

To be truely useful to me can i use the command line launching/parameter box to launch and unlaunch the background emus for each game.  They are only small and startup pretty quickly so it wont be a problem starting and stopping them.

thanks

gonzo90017

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2019, 02:41:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2010, 08:13:37 pm »
Can't get the kill function to work. Does this function work out of the box or do I have to enable it somewhere? The program i'm trying to kill is firefox.

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:42 pm »
Did you enable it with the checkbox in the STFE configuration for that particular program?

gonzo90017

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2010, 09:29:28 pm »
I can't find the checkbox?

gonzo90017

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »
Has anyone been succesful in shelling the Frontend?